El_Centenario

5L V8PWR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
'15 Mustang GT Triple Yellow
I would like to know if anyone has installed a GT350 cold air intake on a GT. I recently purchased the intake and test fit it on my car to see if it would work. The intake is quite larger than the stock intake, I think it's pretty close to the diameter of a JLT. I did notice that the connection to the throttle body is larger than stock and would need some kind of an adapter/reducer to make it work. It also came with the stock GT350 MAF sensor. My question is, if I make an adapter to connect to throttle body would it work without any issues? Will using the stock GT350 MAF in the intake track to measure the air flowing into the intake work with my stock calibrations or is a tune required? I really don't think I need a tune do to using the correct MAF sensor for this intake. I will eventually be installing a GT350 intake manifold and throttle body along with this intake but I would like to have this installed with my stock intake.

Sent from my N9518 using Tapatalk
Sponsored

Schu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550GTPP
If you sell it I will take it :)

Doez it line up under the heat extractor? Did you get the rubber seal and the snorkel?

OP
OP
El_Centenario

El_Centenario

5L V8PWR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
If you sell it I will take it :)

Doez it line up under the heat extractor? Did you get the rubber seal and the snorkel?
Don't think I will be selling anytime soon, but in regards to the heat extractors I did not close the hood to check. I did get the rubber seal that contacts the hood but not the snorkel. I think I can reuse the one from my stock intake. Will check tomorrow

dev1360

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DIB 2016 S550
If the tube the MAF is in is larger, it'll need tuned. 350 maf or not.

MAF transfer area needs adjusted.

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
Hi there

You need to check following:

1. Part number on GT350 MAF sensor same as one on your GT MAF sensor? If they are different then put your GT MAF sensor into the 350 intake.
2. You will 100% need a custom tune for this intake, do not run it without a tune, you could cause engine damage.
3. Speak to JDM about getting a high flow cone filter as the stock GT 350 filter is a little restrictive, JDM found an additional 7RWHP by swapping out cone filters. JDM could also supply you a tune as they are the only tuner who has tuned GT 350 intake manifold with 350 TB and GT TB along with numbers intakes, Steeda, JLT, stock, 350 GT etc.

Get in touch with JDM they can advice you best on this setup I feel. :)

Sponsored

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
From what I've gathered, to anyone looking to utilize the GT350 CAI there are a few things to consider:

- The air filter sits directly below the driver side hood vent, you will need a shield or water proof pre-filter if you DD the car in bad weather with the stock paper filter.

- The GT350 front snorkel is not a perfect fit, and it needs to be modified slightly to work properly with the GT fascia.

- You will need a small "spacer" or band to connect the tube to a GT throttle body due to the TB diameter difference. One solution is to hack up the factory GT intake tube where it mates to the TB and use the rubber from it to make a gasket of sorts.

- You will need to use your GT MAF, and a tune is mandatory.

- The GT350 CAI does not use the vacuum port on the passenger side, you will either have to plug that hose, add a port to the tube, or splice it into an existing one elsewhere.

Speaking of vacuum ports OP, it almost looks like the one on yours is broken?

I was intending on going this route, but recently Ford jacked up the price on the OEM GT350 CAI making it a bit less attractive, to me at least. And, not wanting a hacked up installation, I'll continue to wait for the Ford Racing unit....

Sasuketr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GTPP
I would like to know if anyone has installed a GT350 cold air intake on a GT. I recently purchased the intake and test fit it on my car to see if it would work. The intake is quite larger than the stock intake, I think it's pretty close to the diameter of a JLT. I did notice that the connection to the throttle body is larger than stock and would need some kind of an adapter/reducer to make it work. It also came with the stock GT350 MAF sensor. My question is, if I make an adapter to connect to throttle body would it work without any issues? Will using the stock GT350 MAF in the intake track to measure the air flowing into the intake work with my stock calibrations or is a tune required? I really don't think I need a tune do to using the correct MAF sensor for this intake. I will eventually be installing a GT350 intake manifold and throttle body along with this intake but I would like to have this installed with my stock intake.

Why bother with this, when Roush makes the same intake but proper fit for the gt?

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Why bother with this, when Roush makes the same intake but proper fit for the gt?
Because before Ford wised up and bumped the price ~10X, you could get one of these for under $30.....

mm2015

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT PP
Speaking of vacuum ports OP, it almost looks like the one on yours is broken?

I was intending on going this route, but recently Ford jacked up the price on the OEM GT350 CAI making it a bit less attractive, to me at least. And, not wanting a hacked up installation, I'll continue to wait for the Ford Racing unit....
Yeah OP, you do have a broken vacuum port on your intake.

I cut up a 3.50" silicone adapter, and slipped it into the GT350 intake to adapt to the throttle body. You'll need a tune, swap your MAF, plug a vacuum line, and replace that filter.

I haven't installed mine yet, but I've helped install another.

OP
OP
El_Centenario

El_Centenario

5L V8PWR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for all your input, I'll definitely contact my tuner to get a tune using my MAF. As one of you guys mentioned one of the ports is broken due to shipping, good thing part was still in package material. I'll just glue it back on. This was bought fairly cheap and is intended to be mocked up and see if I can make it work. I'll contact Lund Racing since they are getting my E85 tune done and ask them if they have worked with this intake.

Sponsored
OP
OP
El_Centenario

El_Centenario

5L V8PWR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Yeah OP, you do have a broken vacuum port on your intake.

I cut up a 3.50" silicone adapter, and slipped it into the GT350 intake to adapt to the throttle body. You'll need a tune, swap your MAF, plug a vacuum line, and replace that filter.

I haven't installed mine yet, but I've helped install another.
Thanks! Did your tuner use the MAF parameters for a JLT intake? This intake sure does look close to a 4" intake. If not, how did your tuner calibrate for this intake?

mm2015

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT PP
Thanks! Did your tuner use the MAF parameters for a JLT intake? This intake sure does look close to a 4" intake. If not, how did your tuner calibrate for this intake?
I've only helped a friend install one on his car, mine is still sitting in my trunk waiting for me to not be lazy. As for the tune, I just had lund send me a replacement for my steeda flex-fuel tune. He has made tunes for a couple guys in Houston that are running this intake, so I'm pretty confident he'll be able to set you up right.

OP
OP
El_Centenario

El_Centenario

5L V8PWR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
I've only helped a friend install one on his car, mine is still sitting in my trunk waiting for me to not be lazy. As for the tune, I just had lund send me a replacement for my steeda flex-fuel tune. He has made tunes for a couple guys in Houston that are running this intake, so I'm pretty confident he'll be able to set you up right.
So your friend requested a Steeda CAI tune and it worked with this intake? How did the car respond to this intake with the Steeda tune?

mm2015

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT PP
So your friend requested a Steeda CAI tune and it worked with this intake? How did the car respond to this intake with the Steeda tune?
Sorry that may have been confusing. Others in Houston are currently running this GT350 intake with a lund tune with no issues.

I myself have a steeda intake installed, currently. I have a GT350 CAI sitting in my trunk waiting to be installed. I also already got lund to send me a new tune for the GT350 CAI, but I just haven't loaded it into the car yet, because I haven't installed my intake. Once I'm not lazy and install the intake, I'll load the new tune up and see how it runs. I don't expect any power gains, mostly just looks more OEM (and the entire intake was $25).

derieuz

The Young Fella'
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Did the snorkel from the stock airbox line up with the GT350 intake? How did you rig this? I will also be messing with a GT350 airbox.
Sponsored