Sponsored

GT350 as a daily driver?

xlover

King of Laserball
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BMW M
Just as a quick check, Tire Rack listed the front tire (295/35-19) cost at $422. I presume it would be a little more for the rear 305/35-19 tires. Time to get a tire sponsor :)

I also am curious what insurance costs would be for this vehicle.
Probably not that much more than loaded GT. The insurance will be based mostly on the value of the vehicle and they will use the mustang line as a whole for the "other" factors. no matter what enthusiasts think in this case it is "just" a 50-60k mustang.
Sponsored

backhill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E90 M3
Financially, everyone should be in a 10 year old Focus.
A little far. I just know my friends' personal financial situations and they are not the most sound in judgement when it comes to such decisions.

I don't come to the forums to have someone tell me "if you use this as a DD you probably can't afford it" and I think most will agree that comment was insulting. We are all adults and can make our own financial decisions.
Was not my intent at all. I was replying to another member that assumes everyone that drives high priced vehicles can obviously afford more (a beater in this case). I was in that position 15 years ago, stretching myself to have the coolest car my money could get me, and was staying home every weekend night counting my pennies and praying nothing major broke on the car. I could barely afford to spend the money on an extra tank of gas to take it out for a drive on the weekends. That was my "adult" financial decision that no one could talk me out of, but I learned from it quickly. I'm more fortunate now to be able to enjoy something without worrying about maintenance, tires, depreciation with miles and time, etc. Wealth cannot be measured by the car someone drives, or the clothes they wear, or the watch they have. It is very easy to stretch yourself to the limit financially with those things and still get by.

m4a1mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '19 XC90, '13 335i
It is very easy to stretch yourself to the limit financially with those things and still get by.
It's also very easy to judge and throw everyone under the same blanket. Why don't we just avoid that can of worms an stop making assumptions. No one here should have to defend whether or not they can afford their car.

backhill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E90 M3
It's also very easy to judge and throw everyone under the same blanket. Why don't we just avoid that can of worms an stop making assumptions. No one here should have to defend whether or not they can afford their car.
I never assumed anything about anyone. My posts are in a reply to someone else assuming that because they can afford X car, then they must be able to afford Y car. I'm simply stating that is not always the case.

I don't know what you bring home. It's none of my business and I don't particularly care.

CannMann21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No Car
Kinda going off topic here, but everyone has something they don't mind splurging on. Some spend it on clothes, at bars on the weekend, etc., but for most on here, cars are our kryptonite. Non-car guys won't understand because to them it's just a means of transportation.

Find what you enjoy in life and don't look back.

Sponsored

Backorder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Tiguan...:-(
Was not my intent at all. I was replying to another member that assumes everyone that drives high priced vehicles can.

Sorry for my rant. It was directed at this guy, not you. Either way, I think I've calmed down now...maybe :-D

IMO, if you need to drive this car as a DD you can't afford it.
Crazy to drive cars like this in winter, its not made for it, never mind
the obvious fact it is a limited production car. It was designed to enjoy,
But I doubt the designers had doing donuts in snow as one of ideas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ohtobbad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
Sorry for my rant. It was directed at this guy, not you. Either way, I think I've calmed down now...maybe :-D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Like anyone here, I am entitled to my opinion, it was not directed at anyone personally, if you took it personal, thats your own issue.

I have been a car guy my whole life and yes as far as money goes, we all know
( or should) cars are financially a bad deal. That said a car like this is not practical for a DD IMO.
EG: ( true story) I seen beautiful 1965 Mustang on Sunday, not a drop of snow on the ground, but road had been salted several times, I just about cried!!!
Ya he was safe and enjoying his car, good for him. But as a car guy I hate seeing
it driven in these conditions, again IMO.

moto vudu

No Guts - No Glory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP 50 Yr
I would worry about 1965 car getting salt on it more than a modern car. Today's cars have much better corrosion protection. If you wash the salt off as soon as you can I doubt you'd ever see a problem.

nametoshowothers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
description of cars
Like anyone here, I am entitled to my opinion, it was not directed at anyone personally, if you took it personal, thats your own issue.

( or should) cars are financially a bad deal. That said a car like this is not practical for a DD IMO.
EG: ( true story) I seen beautiful 1965 Mustang on Sunday, not a drop of snow on the ground, but road had been salted several times, I just about cried!!!
Ya he was safe and enjoying his car, good for him. But as a car guy I hate seeing
some of don't live where there is salt, and since cars are crap investment, why not drive it until it falls apart and enjoy every moment

blitzburgh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BMW M2C

Maybe his doctor just told him he has cancer and will die in 6 months, so he's out driving his car. Who cares? Its his car his life. You could get hit by a snow plow tomorrow. I say drive the car.

Then again I live in California and we don't have snow.

Sponsored

H1 GT

Crew Chief
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Vehicle(s)
15 4C, 97 H1
Not true, drove my GT through the past 3 winters, and made it through every storm. Some where high enough to pack the grill with snow, and she still drove great.
True, it can be done, just don't get pissed off when I'm passing you over a double yellow.

BlackDragon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT
True, it can be done, just don't get pissed off when I'm passing you over a double yellow.
Doubt it, I go with the flow of traffic just fine, never get beeped at or passed. I have however passed plenty with 4wd who are stuck for one reason or another. I just don't do anything stupid, and mind my surroundings.

Gman11Gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Well, some people like myself actually want a nice performance car but can't afford to have 2 or 3 cars for different occasions. And Ford has already said they will be producing this car in numbers similar to the GT500 (i.e. 4-5K per year), so if they do a 3-4 year production, that's anywhere from 12,000 to 20,000 cars.

To the OP, if you like it and can afford it, get it and enjoy the hell out of it every single day.:D
I think you are all missing my point. Driving it to work, or putting it in parking lots around where I live would be very foolish. I have had my car hit 3 different times. You can buy a little old Honda Civic or something not to worry about in the traffic around here and the crazy drivers. This car if I had it would do the same as I do now. I would drive it on the weekends or nights.

That's just me. Yes I would still keep the mileage low, but drive it hard when I do drive it.

Trackaholic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 350Z, 2016 GT350, 2018 Pacifica Hybrid

Ironically, this picture was just posted in another thread:

I live in Norther CA so I don't see snow very often, but I'd still be DD'ing the crap out of this car, no matter the weather.

-T

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
When you're at the very end of your life, do you think you'll look back fondly at the days your GT350 sat in the garage while you drove your beater?
Sponsored