bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
I cant wait to see how the hand full of Demons that ever see a drag strip actually hold up pass after pass and how well they are warrantied if and when they break. I bet they hold up about as well as any other 1000hp car does. Everybody talking about them being built for this kind of power and warranty. Lets see..... LOL
I don't think Dodge even cares. If they have to replace an axle or an input shaft every so often. The publicity they are getting from this car is priceless. It'll help sell V6-V8 challangers. When one of these things shows up at the track. Everyone will fawn over it.

sandpiper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium
Here is how Dodge gets that great 0 to 60 time.
They also serve double duty as the Mother of All Bombs
FB_IMG_1492352684399.jpg

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
I don't think Dodge even cares. If they have to replace an axle or an input shaft every so often. The publicity they are getting from this car is priceless. It'll help sell V6-V8 challangers. When one of these things shows up at the track. Everyone will fawn over it.

This.

And the whole Demon ad campaign was perfectly done, IMO. Cool teaser videos every so often for weeks to build hype. Impressive marketing, especially considering the limited build, which spills over into the rest of the Challenger line.

1mic

Banned
2 mph so everybody sees u
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
God bless America, all 8.4 liters -Randy Pobst
Here is how Dodge gets that great 0 to 60 time.
They also serve double duty as the Mother of All Bombs
USS challenger and USS charger!

The hellcats and demons arent going to save Dodge. Someone will have to buy the company or they will become the next Pontiac. Imo, the only brand that can make performance cars and be sustainable has a long history and a diehard fan base maybe even surpassing Corvette's (yea better than corvette's), and thats Porsche.

Sponsored

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
The main thing keeping FCA afloat these days is Jeep and, to a much lesser extent, the Dodge (er, Ram) trucks.

All it will take to seriously damage them is a hike in gas prices, and nobody will be buying those cash cows either.

Jdenkevitz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby GT PP. Former 2016 Ecoboost owner.
Is this reasonable?

Take a base s550 GT = low 30's.
How much would a Twin turbo Hellion setup, driveshaft, half shafts, clutch, e85 setup cost? Build up the motor (OPG, extra forged internals).

30k or so for that?

60kish reasonable? 1000+ hp?

SQ_S550

rollin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Is this reasonable?

Take a base s550 GT = low 30's.
How much would a Twin turbo Hellion setup, driveshaft, half shafts, clutch, e85 setup cost? Build up the motor (OPG, extra forged internals).

30k or so for that?

60kish reasonable? 1000+ hp?
In a year, 2 years, or even 10 years, what car will still be worth 80-100k? most of the Deamons will be in collector hands, this will keep resale high for them.

RaceRed5.0

Threads
Reaction score
From Texas to Louisana to California back to Texas
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT 3.55, Modded 2006 Pontiac G6
Ran into one today.
I don't think that is one no badge and those fenders look aftermarket. It looks more like a V6 to me, because the 5.7 liter RT Hemi's have a HEMI badge on the side at least most of the newer ones do.

Sponsored

JohnZiraldo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
86 Mustang GT Conv., 11 Edge Sport
Wow! That sure looks like the pavement on a street in Sterling Heights. My back is hurting just thinking what it must be like to be riding those bumps in the Demon.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Thats the same car that car and driver thought was a Demon test vehicle. Do a quick google search.

MRose

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
I don't think that is one no badge and those fenders look aftermarket. It looks more like a V6 to me, because the 5.7 liter RT Hemi's have a HEMI badge on the side at least most of the newer ones do.
Not sure. The bolted on fender flares don't match the production vehicle. It had manufacturer plates on it and my friend at Continental said that car had been in his shop and was a demon.

RaceRed5.0

Threads
Reaction score
From Texas to Louisana to California back to Texas
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT 3.55, Modded 2006 Pontiac G6
Not sure. The bolted on fender flares don't match the production vehicle. It had manufacturer plates on it and my friend at Continental said that car had been in his shop and was a demon.
I guess so it certainly doesn't look like a a Demon but if it is the test car it makes sense to look something like that.
Sponsored