GT vs Demon

Angry50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
Also the guy was bragging about how NHRA has banned the Demon from competition so the number that will make it to actual NHRA events will be zero I assume. Even if that wasn't the case I doubt many of them will make it to the strip at all since production is so limited. I don't even know how they can make all these best of claims for mass produced cars when they are only building 3,300 of them.
ya you would be lucky to see one at a strip. 3k is probably the number required to qualify as a mass produced car.. lol this car was designed to talk smack and break records. maybe they are testing the waters to make more.. some of these things might pass down or become options on the hellcat on others
Sponsored

cobra1320

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Cobra
Also the guy was bragging about how NHRA has banned the Demon from competition so the number that will make it to actual NHRA events will be zero I assume. Even if that wasn't the case I doubt many of them will make it to the strip at all since production is so limited. I don't even know how they can make all these best of claims for mass produced cars when they are only building 3,300 of them.
If they sell well you can bet they will make more than 3300. I do think there is a limited market for the car, especially if priced too high.

1mic

Banned
2 mph so everybody sees u
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
God bless America, all 8.4 liters -Randy Pobst
juic3d's snow whiTTe (stock internal 5.0, TT w/supporting mods- fuel injectors, fuel system, drag wheels/tires, suspension and auto) was able to do 8's. I asked him on SVTP about how much total he had into the car and he said about $20k.

If the Demon is $100k, a new mustang can be built to be faster for half the price. But imo, that is a ricer argument because you can build a fox to beat both for half the price of a $50k built s197 or s550 mustang!

If you want to build a Demon killer, get an auto 5.0, single turbo kit, opg, drag wheels and tires.
Heres a setup running e85 with a blower, no suspension mods from what I recall:
[ame]

^ the guy even has 100lbs of sound deadening material, he ran his best time at the end of the video 9.390 @ 147mph.

Angry50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
juic3d's snow whiTTe (stock internal 5.0, TT w/supporting mods- fuel injectors, fuel system, drag wheels/tires, suspension and auto) was able to do 8's. I asked him on SVTP about how much total he had into the car and he said about $20k.

If the Demon is $100k, a new mustang can be built to be faster for half the price. But imo, that is a ricer argument because you can build a fox to beat both for half the price of a $50k built s197 or s550 mustang!

If you want to build a Demon killer, get an auto 5.0, single turbo kit, opg, drag wheels and tires.
Heres a setup running e85 with a blower, no suspension mods from what I recall:

^ the guy even has 100lbs of sound deadening material, he ran his best time at the end of the video 9.390 @ 147mph.
there is something to be said about a vehicle that rolls out with a warranty. or even to know that the car was built to handle all that instead of wonderign when an axle will break or drive shaft or something else

cobra1320

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Cobra
At what point do road course tracks require a cage, no experience with track cars as I'm more into drag racing.

Sponsored

Genxer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT / Perf pack / DIB
Vehicle Showcase
what's really going to be impressive is how these things will be once the aftermarket world gets to them. they mentioned beefed up rods, pistons, cams, etc as compared to the hellcat. plus, a bigger 2.7L blower. i image you're going to see some 900+ rwhp demons soon after the release. i'm curious to see if they can break into the 8's.
Will there be much aftermarket support for a run of 3k cars? If I was in the business it would probably be a pass for me.

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
Here is what's done to that car;

'15 long block, Stage 3 N.A. cams, VMP Gen 2, Ford Monoblade, VMP Ice tank, E85, Circle D 2C converter, Stock 6R80, Built 8.8 with 3.15 gear.
Stock control arms with Tig Vision A.R.B, Viking rear shocks, and a Fore setup with twin 465 pumps.

Car is definitely FAST!! Comes off the line hard.:headbang:

Coyote Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0 Coyote Red
Vehicle Showcase
Why 3.15:1 gear? I'd like to know, really. I always see 3.55:1 to 4.65:1 or 4.30:1 or 4.10:1 full race gears.

Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Why 3.15:1 gear? I'd like to know, really. I always see 3.55:1 to 4.65:1 or 4.30:1 or 4.10:1 full race gears.
My assumption would be that with the converter and blower the engine has plenty of torque to launch well without steep rear gears.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
My assumption would be that with the converter and blower the engine has plenty of torque to launch well without steep rear gears.
Yep. No need for stout gearing with a ton of torque.

1mic

Banned
2 mph so everybody sees u
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
God bless America, all 8.4 liters -Randy Pobst
Here is what's done to that car;

'15 long block, Stage 3 N.A. cams, VMP Gen 2, Ford Monoblade, VMP Ice tank, E85, Circle D 2C converter, Stock 6R80, Built 8.8 with 3.15 gear.
Stock control arms with Tig Vision A.R.B, Viking rear shocks, and a Fore setup with twin 465 pumps.

Car is definitely FAST!! Comes off the line hard.:headbang:
Here's YDBT thoughts on the Demon:
[ame]

He does mention the car that i posted a video of, car + mods were less than $50k.

Still the Demon is a baaad mofo. I dont think Ford or GM cares about making oa street legal drag car but who knows.

Lonmon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10spd Base
I cant wait to see how the hand full of Demons that ever see a drag strip actually hold up pass after pass and how well they are warrantied if and when they break. I bet they hold up about as well as any other 1000hp car does. Everybody talking about them being built for this kind of power and warranty. Lets see..... LOL

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
Here's YDBT thoughts on the Demon:

He does mention the car that i posted a video of, car + mods were less than $50k.
Still the Demon is a baaad mofo. I dont think Ford or GM cares about making oa street legal drag car but who knows.
HA HAAAAAAAAAAAAA
That's awesome. I love Yolo. He tells it like it is. I think that it's awesome that he works for VMP Performance now. He really knows his stuff.
That's why I'm not fan boy of any brand. Yes, I own a '13 Roush Stage 3. But, I also own a '16 Ram Sport 4X4, regular cab as my daily driver.
And,.....depending on the power/torque levels and overall performance of the new GT500, if I don't like it,......Hellcat, here I come. :D :thumbsup:
Sponsored