Sponsored

GT PP engine knock/ping/tick?

justinakajuice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Prem. Auto
Ugh. Sorry, man. That is the same noise I was hearing. Take it in. I have also heard of defective manifolds, which is what I was hoping mine was. Maybe you will luck out.

Mine has already been replaced and the techs are driving it around today and are going to park it overnight to make sure there are no leaks and I should have her back tomorrow after work.
Sponsored

rhstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium Mustang GT (50 Anniversary Package)
Ugh. Sorry, man. That is the same noise I was hearing. Take it in. I have also heard of defective manifolds, which is what I was hoping mine was. Maybe you will luck out.

Mine has already been replaced and the techs are driving it around today and are going to park it overnight to make sure there are no leaks and I should have her back tomorrow after work.
So what exactly did they replace on yours?

justinakajuice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Prem. Auto
Short block. =/

rhstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Mr.Black

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Competition Orange GT
Here is a video of mine, it doesn't sound quite the same to me. What does everyone think?

Sponsored

rhstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Something doesnt sound normal :(

rhstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So I am still confused what caused this issue. Is it anything actually related to the oil change? Or the oil itself? I mean I still have the original oil I took out should I put it back in :)

Asharus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Angelo
Vehicle(s)
2018 Challenger Scat Pack
google search "coyote tick" for endless theories on it.

Mr.Black

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Competition Orange GT
So is the sound my car is making normal or is it bad? I can hear the metal tick in some of the other video's but I don't hear it in mine, or is it something else I'm not hearing?

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
So I am still confused what caused this issue. Is it anything actually related to the oil change? Or the oil itself? I mean I still have the original oil I took out should I put it back in :)
What oil did you put in? I don't think anyone has found the real answer to why this occurs ... it's a bizarre issue for sure.

Sponsored

rhstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What oil did you put in? I don't think anyone has found the real answer to why this occurs ... it's a bizarre issue for sure.
Mobile one 5w-20 full synthetic

OP
OP
Ruby305GT

Ruby305GT

Work hard, play harder.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 premium GT

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
Mobile one 5w-20 full synthetic
Does the noise happen even right after a cold start-up, or only after the oil gets hot? One theory is that some engines are sensitive to the thinner 5W-20. If mine starts ticking after the first oil change, I'll put some 5W-30 in it to test the theory.

rhstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Does the noise happen even right after a cold start-up, or only after the oil gets hot? One theory is that some engines are sensitive to the thinner 5W-20. If mine starts ticking after the first oil change, I'll put some 5W-30 in it to test the theory.
I only tend to notice it after about 5 mins of idle but I honestly still trying to narrow down the steps to reproduce it every time

justinakajuice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Prem. Auto
Short block was swapped out; noise still there. Ford engineers are having the techs go through valve clearances. Possible valve issue that will need work or a replacement head(s), or the replacement short block is also defective. Should have another update tomorrow.

Both of those videos sound similar, that last one seems louder than mine. I park in a parking garage at work and have to badge into the campus to get through so my window is usually down going into the garage. Embarrassing to have that loud of a tick coming from your new $42k car. Heard it next to jersey walls driving down the road as well. Get out of the car while its running and you hear it.

Bring those cars to your dealers, guys. Don't sit on it. Let them know what I am going through. Again, I will have an update tomorrow.

Edit: Oh, and I never made it to the first oil change.
Sponsored