Sponsored

GT Clutch Effort?

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
That is the exact clutch I had in mind my friend uses one and he couldn't be happier.

Make sure to get an adjustable slave cylinder as the one I helped a buddy install grabbed right at the top of pedal travel and I personally did not like that. He had it redone by JPC and it was better but still not the way he liked it and ended up replacing the entire setup with a Centerforce Dual Friction. It was a 'vert so he never raced it.
Sponsored

MustangCollector

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various vintage shelbys
car is a breeze to drive every day. in my traffic trust me i would complain but its perfect. cars like BMW and Audi have harder clutch pedals and are harder to drive smooth this car is really nice in the manual.

Ruby305GT

Work hard, play harder.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 premium GT
I test drove a GT over the weekend before placing my order. The clutch was very soft, but for comparison,I had a 2011 GT500. I love the feel of the GT500 clutch pedal, it feels just right with resistance and feedback. On the 2015 the clutch engages/dis-engages right when you press it, I would say the first 1/8 of the press does it (same as GT500). The rest of the travel does nothing, in my experience, just useless energy being used by legs. Is there a simple way to stiffen this up a bit? Say the helper spring mentioned or some other mod? This is the only thing I did not like about the test drive, but I can DEFINITELY live with it or just pay for a part to stiffen it.

byklin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT
when i went to test drive the mustang gt i noticed that the engagement point was very high up. how do you fix that without breaking your wallet?

Rv-Junke

Rv-Junke
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2021 Black GT - PP
when i went to test drive the mustang gt i noticed that the engagement point was very high up. how do you fix that without breaking your wallet?
Drove mine at dealer yesterday, and I am picking it up today and compared to my 2014 GT500, the clutch feels super soft. I like that it is softer, and agree it will be easy to teach my kids and in traffic but I'm fearful it maybe too soft for me. If anyone has removed the assistance spring I would love to hear from you, or how hard the job was. Thanks.

Sponsored

Grintch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
I agree that it pretty light, and the engagement point is too high up. I hope both issues can be improved, but it's not a deal breaker.

Rv-Junke

Rv-Junke
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2021 Black GT - PP
I agree that it pretty light, and the engagement point is too high up. I hope both issues can be improved, but it's not a deal breaker.
Agreed...My Gt500 Grabs within about 1/2", so I'm ok with the tall grab, its the resistance, I need to get used too. And no way a deal breaker, Ford killed this car...truly a Proper sports car, with Muscle DNA

black2015gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2015 GT Premium PP
I'm not sure if my clutch issues are just me getting used to a manual again after 20 years of automatic or a touchy clutch. The way I always shifted was to push in the clutch as I let off the gas, upshift and add throttle as I let out the clutch. With my new GT, the RPMs drop so quickly that I find it lugging (or even jerking) as I let out the clutch and add throttle (mostly from 1st to 2nd). I think this is mostly because the clutch point is so high that I'm not timing the throttle correctly. It's clear that I need to add more throttle, earlier to get the RPMs back up before clutch is fully out. The challenge is to time it right. I've had more trouble with this than any other manual I've driven. Anyone else have similar issues. Love the car and have only driven 200 miles so still getting used to it.

350sexZ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ernest
Vehicle(s)
2015 50yr ww 6spd -2014 explorer sport
I had the same problem, for me it was because the clutch feel was too soft for my liking and couldn't feel the engagement point. Took off the clutch spring and holly to the Molly it was exactly what I wanted to feel. About 40 to 50 PERCENT STIFFER and can actually feel it engaging. But if you don't like a stiffer feel don't do it.

Sponsored

spoole96

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
I took my spring assist out almost a week ago. It stiffens up the clutch quite a bit (but not to much at all). You can also feel when the clutch disengaged (for lack of a better term) much sooner when letting out the clutch. I didn't know if I was going to leave the spring out or not when I first drive it. But after a few days, I've gotten used to 1-2 and 2-3 shifts again. Over all, the clutch feels much shorter now.