yosv0610

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Yosvaldy
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Shelby GT350R
1706885080661.png

This photo is why I am partial to white with blue stripes. Literally the only reason. And why it is always #1 on my list, followed by the rest.

There really isn't a bad color for the Mustang 350R IMO. It's the metal, motor, suspension, and engineering that went into the car that makes it special.

It may not be an R, but c'mon (Full disclosure, those are @BigWormGraphix stripes, and have metal flake in them, not stock)....
1706885295128.png

1706885386761.png

Photo by #cainanalvesmedia
But this is not Oxford white as any non-heritage edition in GT350. That color is Wimbledon White with Guardsmen Blue racing stripes. This was used in the Heritage edition honoring that 1967 GT350.
Sponsored

BigWormGraphix

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bigwormgraphix.com
First Name
Team BigWorm
Vehicle(s)
>=2005 muscle cars - camaro, mustang, challengers
1706885080661.png

This photo is why I am partial to white with blue stripes. Literally the only reason. And why it is always #1 on my list, followed by the rest.

There really isn't a bad color for the Mustang 350R IMO. It's the metal, motor, suspension, and engineering that went into the car that makes it special.

It may not be an R, but c'mon (Full disclosure, those are @BigWormGraphix stripes, and have metal flake in them, not stock)....
1706885295128.png

1706885386761.png

Photo by #cainanalvesmedia
That is beyond a beautiful Mustang and if that's our stripes on there I would LOVE some photos and do a shout out.

Thanks
Steph- Team BWG

WItoTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
But this is not Oxford white as any non-heritage edition in GT350. That color is Wimbledon White with Guardsmen Blue racing stripes. This was used in the Heritage edition honoring that 1967 GT350.
We are getting too far into the weeds, for a personal preference. White with blue stripes is my favorite, Dark blue with white stripes is your favorite. We're good LOL (Yes I am well aware they have fancy names, but for the uneducated person like myself, that is what the colors are.:wink:)

GT350R still the greatest looking Mustang IMO.

yosv0610

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Yosvaldy
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Shelby GT350R
We are getting too far into the weeds, for a personal preference. White with blue stripes is my favorite, Dark blue with white stripes is your favorite. We're good LOL (Yes I am well aware they have fancy names, but for the uneducated person like myself, that is what the colors are.:wink:)

GT350R still the greatest looking Mustang IMO.
Nah!!! I didn’t mean to say you are an uneducated person, I had to googled it for that Wimbledon name, they are different whites but white at the end 😂😂

Sponsored

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Kona blue with white stripes?

IMG_4279.jpeg
Not difficult to really like this color/stripe combination especially if it just happened to be 1 of the 2 Kona Blue 2018 Base R models for 2018 which is the rarest color for a Base R model over the 4-year production.

As much as I like the above color/stripe combination, my favorite color/stripe combination is the attached as Shadow Black with Lightning Blue stripes.

JR157-25 (2).jpg

JR157 - 10 (4).jpg

yosv0610

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Yosvaldy
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Shelby GT350R
Not difficult to really like this color/stripe combination especially if it just happened to be 1 of the 2 Kona Blue 2018 Base R models for 2018 which is the rarest color for a Base R model over the 4-year production.

As much as I like the above color/stripe combination, my favorite color/stripe combination is the attached as Shadow Black with Lightning Blue stripes.

JR157-25 (2).jpg

JR157 - 10 (4).jpg
Mine is a 2020 model year.

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Mine is a 2020 model year.
Understood with Kona Blue launching during the final year of the Base R model which was 2018 and then of course Ford continued to offer Kona Blue for the next 2 production years as well.

WItoTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350

JR157-25 (2).jpg

JR157 - 10 (4).jpg
There is something up with that second photo, it might be a non-R with a red badge (The previous owner of my car did this, and I fixed it). The wheels look like Non-R wheels, and no wing/spoiler/gurney make me wonder. Maybe I am wrong?

I do like that color combo though.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
ok ok with the colors, lol. It's subjective. Point being, I haven't seen anything better than the 350R (and yes, 350 as well) in the works. For a moment, I liked the Mach and DH (mach over DH, honestly) but IMO, they didn't capture that specialness that the 350 has.

I do have mine for sale right now so naturally these are the questions floating around in my head.

Sponsored

WItoTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
ok ok with the colors, lol. It's subjective. Point being, I haven't seen anything better than the 350R (and yes, 350 as well) in the works. For a moment, I liked the Mach and DH (mach over DH, honestly) but IMO, they didn't capture that specialness that the 350 has.

I do have mine for sale right now so naturally these are the questions floating around in my head.
Agree 100%...Manual, NA, IRS, all the power to the rear, big ol' brakes, fender vents, and a factory exhaust note that sounds better than anything aftermarket? I don't know how Ford will top that in a car that is affordable to a sizeable market.

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
There is something up with that second photo, it might be a non-R with a red badge (The previous owner of my car did this, and I fixed it). The wheels look like Non-R wheels, and no wing/spoiler/gurney make me wonder. Maybe I am wrong?

I do like that color combo though.
There is nothing wrong with the second photo as that is the same vehicle (JR157) as shown in the first photo.

The second photo was taken at the FRAP holding area while it was waiting to head to the Mod Shop which is very close to the FRAP after which time the rear CF wing, CF wheels and rear seat delete would then be installed.

Those non-R wheels (some painted Orange and some painted Blue around the lug nut area) were the standard wheels for the R model when heading down the assembly line and helped the line workers differentiate the 2-seat models from the 4-seat models.

After hearing rumors about the Base R model being discontinued after the 2018 MY, I immediately ordered JR157 in August 2017 and was very fortunate that Ford of Canada decided to build a second Base R model.

Note the navigation globe missing on the rear roof of this vehicle which was the only way to differentiate a Base R from an Electronics Package R from the outside.

In addition to your comments regarding the long-term value of the GT350R, I also like the 8,250 RPM redline of the FPC engine, resonator delete, much lighter vehicle than the GT500 model and from a production numbers standpoint they are still quite rare.

For the 6-year run of the GT350R, the R-model comprised of 15.0% of total production (3,647) which is about half (29.3%) of the total GT500 production for the 2-seat model (4,142) for the 3-year run.

No question that the 3rd Gen GT500 model is an absolutely amazing automobile but for me the top dog is still the GT350R and can't imagine Ford or any other automotive brand for that matter ever building a Pony Car of this magnitude ever again.

WItoTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
There is nothing wrong with the second photo as that is the same vehicle (JR157) as shown in the first photo.

The second photo was taken at the FRAP holding area while it was waiting to head to the Mod Shop which is very close to the FRAP after which time the rear CF wing, CF wheels and rear seat delete would then be installed.

Those non-R wheels (some painted Orange and some painted Blue around the lug nut area) were the standard wheels for the R model when heading down the assembly line and helped the line workers differentiate the 2-seat models from the 4-seat models.

After hearing rumors about the Base R model being discontinued after the 2018 MY, I immediately ordered JR157 in August 2017 and was very fortunate that Ford of Canada decided to build a second Base R model.

Note the navigation globe missing on the rear roof of this vehicle which was the only way to differentiate a Base R from an Electronics Package R from the outside.

In addition to your comments regarding the long-term value of the GT350R, I also like the 8,250 RPM redline of the FPC engine, resonator delete, much lighter vehicle than the GT500 model and from a production numbers standpoint they are still quite rare.

For the 6-year run of the GT350R, the R-model comprised of 15.0% of total production (3,647) which is about half (29.3%) of the total GT500 production for the 2-seat model (4,142) for the 3-year run.

No question that the 3rd Gen GT500 model is an absolutely amazing automobile but for me the top dog is still the GT350R and can't imagine Ford or any other automotive brand for that matter ever building a Pony Car of this magnitude ever again.
Ahh. That's awesome you were able to get a build photo. I had no idea that was how the last bits were put together. Was every car in that photo a GT350/R? Thanks for sharing!

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Ahh. That's awesome you were able to get a build photo. I had no idea that was how the last bits were put together. Was every car in that photo a GT350/R? Thanks for sharing!
Based on my understanding those were all 2018 2-seat and 4-seat GT350 models.

rush0024

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350R | 2023 Ram TRX