MARFOR

2017 Ruby-red GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 & 2015 STI
Was the salesman retarded? Seriously ...

Unless you are US Army Infantry or a woman pick Lightning Blue. ;)
Totally agree regarding the Grabber Blue, Queen of Battle.
Lightning Blue all day long. :D
Sponsored

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!
I wouldn't want to know how much the ADM is on their Focus RS there... and what that SA would fabricate about it. :eyebulge:

straightliner1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R #HR262 / 2018 GMC Yukon XL Denali
The greater Sacramento area has a lot of hidden money. With that said the competing dealerships (Folsom Lake Ford and the chain of Future Ford stores) have some of the most absurd ADMs I've seen on the internet. Future Ford was asking $120K for their first 2016 MY GT350 allocation and wound up selling it for $109k~. I asked about it while buying my Exploder in January of this year. If they can find asses for those seats at $110K more power to them. However, an educated buyer will shop around and do their homework - hence many of us the buying from out of state. Props to those of you who have done your homework and received both a decent deal and the proper treatment you deserve. For those of you in NorCal, call Elk Grove Ford. They have done several people GT350 buyers right. I'm unsure of their remaining allocations, but it's worth a sho

In closing, that salesman is a disgrace to the trade. How he's on the floor representing his brand without even the most basic product training is beyond me. No wonder turnover is so wild in the car business!

Deca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
looks like they both have great panel fitment btw

Sponsored

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
The greater Sacramento area has a lot of hidden money. With that said the competing dealerships (Folsom Lake Ford and the chain of Future Ford stores) have some of the most absurd ADMs I've seen on the internet. Future Ford was asking $120K for their first 2016 MY GT350 allocation and wound up selling it for $109k~. I asked about it while buying my Exploder in January of this year. If they can find asses for those seats at $110K more power to them. However, an educated buyer will shop around and do their homework - hence many of us the buying from out of state. Props to those of you who have done your homework and received both a decent deal and the proper treatment you deserve. For those of you in NorCal, call Elk Grove Ford. They have done several people GT350 buyers right. I'm unsure of their remaining allocations, but it's worth a sho

In closing, that salesman is a disgrace to the trade. How he's on the floor representing his brand without even the most basic product training is beyond me. No wonder turnover is so wild in the car business!
Certainly agree with all of your comments that this sales person really has no idea of the product he is selling and the brand that he is representing.

Having said that this individual is a direct reflection of the senior management and ownership of this dealership/dealerships.

A senior manager from the dealership had to have hired this individual therefore I look directly at the management for their failure in training their sales people properly or just hiring the wrong people to start with.

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

MAV

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
And uninformed salesmen can cost the dealership money, too. I bought a 2008 Malibu that had aftermarket leather installed on the seats. The sales person assumed the leather was included in the sticker price (wasn't aware it was aftermarket), and they had failed to include the upcharge on the buyers order.

As I was leaving with the new car, the sales manager came out and flagged me down and said, "We can't sell you this car for that price!" I said, "You just did."

mattlqx

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mach 1, '16 F-150, '14 Fiesta ST, '14 Audi A7
Looks like they fixed the rear bumper cover fitment issue on the 2017's. I've seen a few 2017 pictures and they all look good, so far.
It still gets worse as the car gets driven, just like on the '16s. I expect I'll have to have mine taken off and reinstalled by 5k miles.

96cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
Well, now I know where I could go to view a full inventory of GT350's, because they're never going to sell any with that level of ridiculousness. They really should be ashamed of themselves with those asking prices.

I looked at the Grabber before I ordered my LB, and I prefer the LB. The grabber is a nice color, but I think it's more for those that want the flash or have owned a Grabber Blue car in the past and want to continue their tradition. For me personally, I think I'd get tired of it. The car stands out on it's looks alone to me.

GTP

Deutsche Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10 Outrageous Orange HPDE mods
[MENTION=11664]scarface[/MENTION] I think that it is important to view both colors outside on a sunny day. All cars look their best this way, and it might just change your impression from whatever it was when viewing indoors.

While I like GB, I too believe it works best on s197 and not as well on s550. However, the GT350 looks better in GB than does a GT, imo.

I like DIB okay, but I like this new Lightning Blue better.

If you want your car to gleam in the sun, get Lightning.
If you want your car to look more Race Car, get Grabber.

Finally, imagine if you might tire of either color, and then get the other one.

Sponsored
OP
OP

scarface

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your mom
Both colors look good, but I prefer Lightning Blue.

Do you know how long the Lightning Blue has been at the dealer? I contacted them back in June about an LB they had. ADM was $40K, but they offered me a great sale price of only $25K ADM :crazy: Wondering if it's the same one?
I believed its the same one from June, but I won't take the salesman word for it, he was clueless.

OP
OP

scarface

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your mom
@scarface I think that it is important to view both colors outside on a sunny day. All cars look their best this way, and it might just change your impression from whatever it was when viewing indoors.

While I like GB, I too believe it works best on s197 and not as well on s550. However, the GT350 looks better in GB than does a GT, imo.

I like DIB okay, but I like this new Lightning Blue better.

If you want your car to gleam in the sun, get Lightning.
If you want your car to look more Race Car, get Grabber.

Finally, imagine if you might tire of either color, and then get the other one.
100% agreed. I used to have a Sonic Blue Roush, the Sonic Blue is very close to LB, but like you said, indoor vs outdoor, the hue changes. I think any color on the GT350 screams race car.

OP
OP

scarface

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your mom

Also try Harrold Ford. When the 2013 GT500 was introduced, ADM was seen all over the place. I got mine through the internet department, drove off with $1k off MSRP, a few members from the GT500 forum also got their GT500 from Harrold. I agreed with you on Future Ford, they had 2 Ford GTs sitting on the showroom floor back in 2005, priced at $500K (msrp $149), it sat there for 4 years. Back to the salesman, I think people are forgetting, while these salesmen are representing the brand, they are also selling cars ranging from $16K to $400K (17 Ford GT), so I don't expect much from a Ford's salesman, I usually just ignored them when I am on the lot. Have not done business with Elk Grove, but will keep them in mind, not in a super hurry for a GT350 as we are expecting another baby in a few months, but once everyone in the family is settled in, I am hopping there will be a GT350 in the garage.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Lightning over Grabber is my opinion.
Sponsored