Grab your pitchforks and light your torches, EB vs GT vs *gasp* Camaro

OP
OP

USAFDave13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
89' GT (Sold)
Agreed, that's why this is so hard. That $48k for the Camaro is a tough pill to swallow even if I lease it. $48k is deep into German luxury territory. Edit* But I like all my bells and whistles, I'll only do fully loaded. If bare bones and HP was my goal, i'd keep my 400rwhp fox body.
Sponsored

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
Hell if you can afford it buy a base GT350

Blk2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Agreed, that's why this is so hard. That $48k for the Camaro is a tough pill to swallow even if I lease it. $48k is deep into German luxury territory.
There are nicer cars for $50k to drive than a Chevy. That's right around M2 territory which is no slouch.

Plus the new Camaro looks just like the old; it's boring. And to me the interior looks cheesy and plasticy. Just doesn't look right (nor the huge gauge cluster "hump"). To me it looks like an interior catered to the 16-21 year old crowd.

The Mustang interior screams clean and elegant like competing with the European cars.

Not even counting that hug price gap. You could mod the GTPP with what you want for $40k. You only have $2k of mods.

OP
OP

USAFDave13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
89' GT (Sold)
I'd buy a gt350 in a heart beat if I could get the performance/track pack with Nav and with leather recaros.

J_MENIS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP
I just started reading about the EB issues yesterday, but like any product you there is much more motivation to post about issues rather than great experiences. I don't know if i'm recognizing the pattern correctly but it seems like a majority of the EB issues come from early 2015 model builds???
Not sure, so I cant tell you. But thats what it does seem like. Another thing to consider with a modded EB power tapers at the end, which was real noticable stock. But with just the stuff I have on you can minimize that. So when it comes to having fun. You can get GT power that hits all down near 3k rpm to about 5.5k rpm. Which to me is enjoyable. But id suggest research more and test drive. Because people do have a point 10k more for a camaro is a lot you can use to other things. With my setup alone ive roll raced a bad driver in a 15 PP GT and pulled him 2 of 3 times. And im sure I am only making around 310whp but my AP reads around 390 wtq. Not saying im faster than Gts.But sure can be as fun or even more fun. In the end its all preference.

Sponsored

OP
OP

USAFDave13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
89' GT (Sold)
See, I'm the weird guy. I HATED everything about the 5th gen Camaro but they fixed everything I hated with the 6th gen. I love the front, the back and the interior. The only thing I'm not a fan of is the spoiler but I can order it with the new blade spoiler which solves that issue.

Asharus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Angelo
Vehicle(s)
2018 Challenger Scat Pack
dont compare a heavily discounted premium GTPP vs MSRP 2SS. do yourself a favor, test drive both cars, have them price out how much they are OTD with all discounts, etc. you'll be pleasantly surprised and will most likely end up with a 2SS. i wouldnt take advice from this crowd. most are ford fanbois, if you can't tell already. just like the guy below.. 48k MSRP again. nobody pays MSRP anymore unless you're awful at buying cars.

here's a more realistic price of what to expect to pay for a 2SS camaro with NPP exhaust and magnetic ride control

J4kpDFb.png

about 700 below invoice at those dealerships

Last edited:

Azzurro

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT Premium. Race Red
$48,000 for a Camaro? Not on ANY planet in ANY universe.

Chameleon

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ebay.com
Vehicle(s)
03' Cobra, 05' GT, 13' GT, 15' GT

Sponsored

kray

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT 2014 Edge 2013 F150
Seems as though you had your mind made up before you posted. Your local Chevy dealer opens around 9:00 am in the morning and the Camaro G6 forum will welcome you with open arms. I am sure you will love your new Camaro! Congratulations!

Hopefully this thread ends right here!

OracleHCR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Otis
Vehicle(s)
2018 Lightning Blue GT Premium PP1, Mag, AE
I test drove a 2SS because.... why not? I test drive all the new cars when they come out. That car is pretty bad ass. You still can't see for shit but the interior is much upgraded. The controls for the a/c could be positioned better but it isn't as cheap feeling as it used to be. It is a very fun car to drive. Was it worth the extra $7k to a comparably equipped Mustang? If you are a Chevy guy, yes. A die hard Ford guy probably would put the extra money into mods. I wouldn't mind driving one on a daily basis but don't look for me to go trading in my Mustang for it.

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
dont compare a heavily discounted premium GTPP vs MSRP 2SS. do yourself a favor, test drive both cars, have them price out how much they are OTD with all discounts, etc. you'll be pleasantly surprised and will most likely end up with a 2SS. i wouldnt take advice from this crowd. most are ford fanbois, if you can't tell already. just like the guy below.. 48k MSRP again. nobody pays MSRP anymore unless you're awful at buying cars.

here's a more realistic price of what to expect to pay for a 2SS camaro with NPP exhaust and magnetic ride control

J4kpDFb.png

about 700 below invoice at those dealerships
Some of us arent "fanbois". You couldnt pay me to own a direct injection engine, ecoboost included. Some of us absolutely dont like gms long term quality either. But he most definitely should test drive everything. These threads are dumb. Good way to up your post count though:D

Ps true car is stupid. Its not even invoice.

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
I'd buy a gt350 in a heart beat if I could get the performance/track pack with Nav and with leather recaros.
Then buy a 2017. The will all have the track pack /R coolers and choice between seats and electronics.

Asharus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Angelo
Vehicle(s)
2018 Challenger Scat Pack
yep, you're right. the LT1 being a DI engine, and the vast amount of issues posted in the camaro issues section of their forum http://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=257 are 2 things on the list i tell myself to believe i have a better car
Sponsored