Sponsored

Fuel pump / BAP Problem

Barrelrolll

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP COMP ORANGE
Hello everyone,

My 2015 GT PP with a P1SC HO system died on me today on my commute home. I have ID1050x injectors along with the non-programmable vortech BAP running a Lund tune. I have had the procharger on for over 5000 problem free miles so far and have loved every second of it - until today.

I was less than a mile from home while coasting on an off ramp when my rpms dropped to 0. I tried restarting while coasting and the engine cranked and fired, but ran rough and would not respond to any throttle input and CEL popped on. I coasted to the shoulder and luckily a flatbed tow truck was nearby and was able to get the car home. I used my old X4 handheld to run the code and it came back with:

U0109 - Lost communication with fuel pump control module A
and
P025A - Fuel pump module A control circuit/open

So I am fairly sure that something is up with the BAP. I installed it using the correct gauge wire with heat shrink butt connectors. This literally just happened 30 minutes ago and searching the codes on this forum came back with nothing, so I was hoping that some of you fellas might have some advice. I am going to go check the fuses and all of the BAP connections. If that turns up nothing should I try and take out the BAP completely and rewire the pump like stock?

Thanks in advance!
Sponsored

kcc0521

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bo
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT PP
I would start there. It is too bad that you don't have a harness you can just unplug. You might want to wire a plug in so you can take it on and off easily.

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto
Good possibility just blew the fuse.
Yep check fuses first,if good then take bap off and see if car runs and code dont come back.WARNING!!!!.Do not do any wot pulls with bap inhooked.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Barrelrolll

Barrelrolll

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP COMP ORANGE
It turned out to be a bad wire connection between the BAP and the fuel pump. I got a soldering iron and did it right this time. Working great now!

venumous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16' Procharged GT
Good to hear man!
Sponsored