Sponsored

Front Tribar LED with Sequential Turn MOD! (new thread)

Ian whu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Ouch, not good, I have a set of the rgb fogs to go on, Thought I'd try them first, Plugged them in etc,
They just flashing all colors, DD said its proplably the controller, so waiting for a replacement

After 2 days of happiness, the tribars are definitely dead ... :tsk:

I had the "great" surprise tonight while driving home to see the front of my car shining like a christmas tree ... No joke, it's real ...
The tribars goes crazy and it changed all alone all the colors.
First I thought that I touched the RGBW controller but NO, it was in a safe place..

I stopped in a parking to have a look at it and ... Nothing .. They stopped to work !! After some trying, they finally light up, but the white color was dead, nothing came out. Change to the color option, and the colors worked. Swapped to white, nothing ... !

Once back home, I checked under the hood and saw that the 2 new, yes NEW drivers began to melt ... ! I placed them around the battery and thought it was for that point but NO, don't noticed any heat after my driving home.

So for now, I removed the RGBW controller and I've put electrician tape around the power and ground cables... Don't want to risk any problem with that or to burn the car to the ground ...

Bye bye tribars ... :frusty: :tsk: :(
Sponsored

John577

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White Fastback Mustang GT
Ouch, not good, I have a set of the rgb fogs to go on, Thought I'd try them first, Plugged them in etc,
They just flashing all colors, DD said its proplably the controller, so waiting for a replacement
That's also not good, a chance you noticed that before mounted on the car ...

John577

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Installed yesterday the spare set of drivers I had at home, good thing, the LED's work ... :hail:

On this picture, you have the difference between the first version of the driver (on top of the picture) and the new version ...

Actual setting :

I really do hope the drivers will not burn ...

OP
OP
papinist

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EcoBoost MT Race Red EURO - NO MORE
This is the set you had before, right?

John577

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No that's not the old set.

To explain, the first time I had the dimmed problem on one side, DD sent me a first set of drivers (the first version) but I don't want to install them.
Then, they said they will send me the new more powered version, for that it took that long to solve my problem.

Now, that the new more powered have burned, I installed this set to have the tribars on the car.

The old set is quite unusable now ...

Sponsored

OP
OP
papinist

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
:ninja:
so many sets, so few tribars working :headbonk:

Patrickisnutz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP competition orange
where did you guys get the bulbs?

I`m fairly new to this and I live in Germany with my German Mustang and I REALLY want the tribar lights and Taillights but to be honest I have no idea what I am doing :(

emix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT manual LB
Hi everyone! I've just ordered my Mustang GT coupe, and I'm looking into getting this mod done when my car arrives 6-8 months from now. I've been told by my local dealer than any such modifications will void my warranty. I was planning to do this mod and change the exhaust, but my plans are on hold for now. Has anyone asked their dealers in EU about this? Is it true that DRL mod and exhaust (not touching catalytic converters) will void the warranty? I think my dealer is either uninformed or just being overly cautious. Would really appreciate some feedback on this because I want to negociate this issue further with my dealer.

OP
OP
papinist

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
This really depends upon your dealer and your national Ford branch. For example, here in Italy they take every chance to deny warranty (not only on cars). So if you change even the least important thing, you lost your warranty.
For sure here messing with lights, exhaust, intake etc voids my warranty...

[MENTION=20832]Patrickisnutz[/MENTION]: A guy outside the forum did it for most of us; however, due to some issues between this guy and the forum admins (you can read about it in the old thread), we cannot refer to him here.
Another chance for the fron tribar is diode dynamics - even it's not my personal recommendation due to some bad issue on John's car.

Sponsored

Patrickisnutz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I read about a guy in Poland who does it...but it seems really iffy

If I knew how to do it myself I would

OP
OP
papinist

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Doing it yourself is very difficult, unless you are an expert of electronics (to build led boards\drivers) and headlights (to open without breaking it and reseal)

Patrickisnutz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
...well I am no expert...I´d gladly pay someone while I help (for learning purposes) Do you know anyone who can do that?

OP
OP
papinist

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
unfortunately, no :(

NicoMCH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EU GT 2015
Hi everyone! I've just ordered my Mustang GT coupe, and I'm looking into getting this mod done when my car arrives 6-8 months from now. I've been told by my local dealer than any such modifications will void my warranty. I was planning to do this mod and change the exhaust, but my plans are on hold for now. Has anyone asked their dealers in EU about this? Is it true that DRL mod and exhaust (not touching catalytic converters) will void the warranty? I think my dealer is either uninformed or just being overly cautious. Would really appreciate some feedback on this because I want to negociate this issue further with my dealer.
My exhaust was made and installed locally by a Ford garage, he sais if I ever have warranty problems I should go through him. So it really depends on the garages I think.
Sponsored