Sponsored

Front pony replacement on 2018

opengl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1 400A 6MT
Has anyone with a 2018 replaced their front pony emblem yet?

Its not the same as 15-17's, there a whole additional shroud piece in the way, so you can't just remove the hood latch and reach through there. I tried the method in this video, but there's just nowhere near enough room in front of the A/C condenser to reach back and pop the old clips off.

Trying to avoid taking the bumper off. I was thinking maybe come up from underneath? Haven't taken the undertray off yet to see if that'll work.

Sponsored

Weasel1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
0_AEA07_E2_E74_F_4_CA0_B95_B_19_DBE6_AE2_AF6.jpg

I replaced mine with this one.

Storm728

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 gt
I did it, i pushed the top cover down to pop out all the push pins and wrestled it out. I ended up bending the lip on my condensor from trying to reach with my arm between it

Weasel1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP

Sponsored

PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback
Has anyone with a 2018 replaced their front pony emblem yet?

Its not the same as 15-17's, there a whole additional shroud piece in the way, so you can't just remove the hood latch and reach through there. I tried the method in this video, but there's just nowhere near enough room in front of the A/C condenser to reach back and pop the old clips off.

Trying to avoid taking the bumper off. I was thinking maybe come up from underneath? Haven't taken the undertray off yet to see if that'll work.

Hi. I have the same problem of not being able to fit my arm through the gap left by having 2 radiators and a condenser in the way. I want to fit a stanginator which has nuts on the back to screw up. Did you have any success coming from under the car. I didn't really want to take the large belly pan off if there was still no access.

Storm728

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 gt
Hi. I have the same problem of not being able to fit my arm through the gap left by having 2 radiators and a condenser in the way. I want to fit a stanginator which has nuts on the back to screw up. Did you have any success coming from under the car. I didn't really want to take the large belly pan off if there was still no access.
Ive done it twice now. Take the airbox out and really get the radiator as far back as you can. Helps if you have someone hold it in place so it doesnt fall forward. Then break off the tabs to free the old pony. Use a 1/4 inch deep socket to either press the new lock washers on or screw on nuts. Thats what worked for me although my arm got pretty beat up

PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback
Ive done it twice now. Take the airbox out and really get the radiator as far back as you can. Helps if you have someone hold it in place so it doesnt fall forward. Then break off the tabs to free the old pony. Use a 1/4 inch deep socket to either press the new lock washers on or screw on nuts. Thats what worked for me although my arm got pretty beat up
Thanks. I did notice that the air box was restricting the radiator movement. Do you have the 2 radiators and condenser on yours.

Storm728

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 gt
Thanks. I did notice that the air box was restricting the radiator movement. Do you have the 2 radiators and condenser on yours.
Yea and i have a trans cooler due to the automatic which makes it a little bit more difficult

PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback
Thanks. Much appreciated. I was going to try going from underneath but I will give your removal of the air box a go.

Sponsored

BigWormGraphix

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bigwormgraphix.com
First Name
Team BigWorm
Vehicle(s)
>=2005 muscle cars - camaro, mustang, challengers
You can remove the factory emblem by using a pick to pull near where the horse legs cross, then once the bottom is lifted up some you can pull the emblem off. The factory pegs break easy, we have done many this way since the 2018/19 came out. Actually is a lot quicker way of installing the 2015-17 emblems also.

https://www.bigwormgraphix.com/2015-17-mustang-black-front-horse-emblem.html

OP
OP
opengl

opengl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1 400A 6MT
Doesn't help if you get the OEM front emblem, since it doesn't have tape on the back and uses the pins/washers to install.

I actually still haven't done mine.

BigWormGraphix

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bigwormgraphix.com
First Name
Team BigWorm
Vehicle(s)
>=2005 muscle cars - camaro, mustang, challengers
Doesn't help if you get the OEM front emblem, since it doesn't have tape on the back and uses the pins/washers to install.

I actually still haven't done mine.
Correct, that would only apply to the aftermarket emblems. Forgot OEM emblems don't have the adhesive on them.

OP
OP
opengl

opengl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1 400A 6MT
I feel like I'm the only one who bought an OEM replacement and can't use any of these shortcut methods. I figured it'd be higher quality and lay down more evenly using the pins instead of double stick tape. Someday I'll install it!
Sponsored