Aussie MustangGT

2016 Mustang GT Auto
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Auto
I don't know exactly what you guys are looking for but these are the front and rear number plates on my ex FPV R-Spec. The front plates are slimline and the rear plates are full size. They have a perspex covering. They did involve two screws per plate along the top, but I don't know how you can avoid the screws.
Ian.
IMG_1997.jpg
IMG_1992.jpg
Number Plate Front.jpg
Rear Number Plate.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

Melbnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt
I don't know exactly what you guys are looking for but these are the front and rear number plates on my ex FPV R-Spec. The front plates are slimline and the rear plates are full size. They have a perplex covering. They did involve two screws per plate along the top, but I don't know how you can avoid the screws.
Ian.
now that is a nice looking car!!

I for one will be going with a sto and show type arrangement on the front and will mount something like the above wither with tape or screws pending the location.. None of this blackboard sized rubbish..

gs60wa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
From over in the UK posts, these are the rego plate mounting they are shipping with Mustang. Thankfully they are not already attached :)

Looking forward to seeing the first cars on the road in Melbourne end of next week and how your dealers are attaching plates. Particularly slimline on the front bumper which is curved.
IMG_6804.JPG
IMG_6805.JPG
IMG_6807.JPG
IMG_6810.JPG

Aussie MustangGT

2016 Mustang GT Auto
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Auto
What's wrong with curving the front slimline plate and screwing it on with the appropriate plate cover and frame with perspex insert which you can buy from Super Cheap as in my car above. If you leave it to the dealer, they will use what comes with the car or just use one of their in-house frame surrounds plus two screws.
Ian.

ecoboyboost

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
White EB auto
Ford AU told me the car is arriving with front bracket fixed and no rear bracket. Hopefully the front bracket id supplied but not fitted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sponsored

gs60wa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Ford AU told me the car is arriving with front bracket fixed and no rear bracket. Hopefully the front bracket id supplied but not fitted.
Ford Au told me this : "As for the front bracket, it is supplied ex-factory as standard, and can accommodate number plates of varying dimensions, reflecting the Mustang as a world car. The discretion is always with a Dealership and ultimately the Mustang customer whether to use them or not. Plates can be mounted directly on front fascia / bumper."

UK Mustangs are arriving with these "brackets" not attached, just supplied.

gs60wa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
What's wrong with curving the front slimline plate and screwing it on with the appropriate plate cover and frame with perspex insert which you can buy from Super Cheap as in my car above. If you leave it to the dealer, they will use what comes with the car or just use one of their in-house frame surrounds plus two screws.
Ian.
My DP has agreed not to fit any plates to my GT until I come up to the dealership once my car is delivered so we can look at how I want them mounted. I don't mind the Super Cheap option you talked about Ian. :cheers:

http://www.supercheapauto.com.au/on...cessories/number-plate-frames.aspx?id=1021706

Aussie MustangGT

2016 Mustang GT Auto
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Auto
My DP has agreed not to fit any plates to my GT until I come up to the dealership once my car is delivered so we can look at how I want them mounted. I don't mind the Super Cheap option you talked about Ian. :cheers:

http://www.supercheapauto.com.au/on...cessories/number-plate-frames.aspx?id=1021706
Mine were those first Altrex ones (one small & one large) with clear perspex covers and those corner bits that click up and then lock down. They have lasted well on about four cars.
Ian.

RSPEC-015

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Territory & Mustang GT
I don't know exactly what you guys are looking for but these are the front and rear number plates on my ex FPV R-Spec. The front plates are slimline and the rear plates are full size. They have a perplex covering. They did involve two screws per plate along the top, but I don't know how you can avoid the screws.
Ian.
I do have a soft spot for the R-Specs!

Nice looking car.

WILDB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT convertible Oxford White
I have contacted Philip from Lakin Plates and sent some photos to see what he can offer.

I've used his brackets in the past on my last car and they are extremely well made and mount the plates perfectly.

Have a look at his site - https://www.lakinplates.com.au/

Here's a TT with his brackets.

Sponsored

car

Car
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT550 2018
I think if the mounting plate was trimmed to match the plate size it would look ok.

Notes

Moustang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BLACK S550 EB/AT/PP/EU
From over in the UK posts, these are the rego plate mounting they are shipping with Mustang. Thankfully they are not already attached :)

Looking forward to seeing the first cars on the road in Melbourne end of next week and how your dealers are attaching plates. Particularly slimline on the front bumper which is curved.
These stock holders make 4 nasty holes in the bumper and also IMHO doesn't look good, some of us in Europe used these simple fix things and works pretty well...

The stock backside holder is all right as long as your dealer doesn't add their own promotion plate on top of it as my dealer does, then it looks horrible.

Cheers!

http://www.amazon.de/HP-Autozubeh%C3%B6r-Kennzeichenhalter-Simple-Fix/dp/B004YCVW1Q/ref=pd_sim_263_1/277-6558254-6895060?ie=UTF8&dpID=51j1%2BiNjvfL&dpSrc=sims&preST=_AC_UL160_SR160%2C160_&refRID=1DB3CBE0MXC0C8A0BBR2

SnowyB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DIB Mustang GT
does anyone here have a craigs custom bracket? if so what are the dimensions? I would like one but have a slimline number plate so don't want the bracket overhanging the plate.

ecoboyboost

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
White EB auto
100x200

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk