Sponsored

Front Number Plate Holder - Discount Code: "Mustang6G" @ LakinPlates

Azairious

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 SSZ Ute (current), 2017 Race Red GT (Current)
i think a lot of people will be removing the bracket and colour coding them. the front i'm not too concerned about on race red, but if the back one is huge and sticks out i'll probably do this.
Sponsored

gs60wa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Can you guys in Melbourne please post a pic of the number plate mounting systems front and rear as soon as someone gets a car that is registered. Cheers

ssb

50 DARK
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Black 'vert GT & BMW M Coupe
I asked my dealer about this since I want to get personalized plates, and he said they're going to take measurements to get templates sorted - so it sounds like the dealers will have their own options - which would be great! :)

He seemed happy enough to hold off putting plates on.

Aus-MustangGT

Aus-350
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 WRX/Evo 8 ADM
Just for people who are wondering a sto n sho is legal in the state of Victoria, however this will only work if you have a USA style plate. Not sure what will happen with the rear plate I am yet to find a solution

Melbnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt
It's funny but this number plate thing is actually really annoying me! The rear plate holder is terrible and will probably annoy me to no end

Sponsored

ssb

50 DARK
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)

Melbnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt
Here is the picture that [MENTION=10263]XR6VCT[/MENTION] is referring to

ujKsSsg.jpg
That is horrendous!!

I am going to wait until Jan and hope that someone has a better solution for the rear. I'll get a sto and show for the front then cut it down to fit

XRFutura

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT
That is horrendous!!

I am going to wait until Jan and hope that someone has a better solution for the rear. I'll get a sto and show for the front then cut it down to fit
Looking at the picture, the bottom of black part is curved, we sure that isn't just the bag holding the trade plate dangling down.

ssb

50 DARK
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Looking at the picture, the bottom of black part is curved, we sure that isn't just the bag holding the trade plate dangling down.
+1 that's exactly what it looks like

Sponsored

XR6VCT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Manual Mustang GT
It is possible that is the case XRFutura and ssb.

However if you look below this is the picture quick duck posted earlier in the thread. The number plate bracket here comes down to the same crease in the bumper as the black object on the yellow mustang.

ohhh and for the sake of keeping info in the related thread... heres the rear holder they send

Deano

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic Ecoboost
Can't we just use 3m tape for the rear plates? Or is it a requirement that plates must be screwed into place?

Drewbo

WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase
Here is the picture that @XR6VCT is referring to

ujKsSsg.jpg
Off topic, but that rear glass/third brake light alignment is one of the best examples I have seen.

Sure hope that the rest of our cars are as good.

:hail:

gs60wa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I sent the hideous images in this thread to Ford Au along with this message:

"Are you able to confirm what the Australian number plate mounting system will be for Mustang ? There are pictures of a Ford Au registered Mustang in Melbourne with these black mounting plates which are hideous and represent major problems for those of us using slimline plates."

... this was the response.

Hi Greg, the mounting brackets you see above are identical to what our Mustangs will receive. However the rear won't necessarily have a bracket because it’s not required – a number plate can be mounted directly to the bumper fascia. As for the front bracket, it is supplied ex-factory as standard, and can accommodate number plates of varying dimensions, reflecting the Mustang as a world car. The discretion is always with a Dealership and ultimately the Mustang customer whether to use them or not. Plates can be mounted directly on front fascia / bumper.
Thanks, ^JS.
Sponsored