RandyStang

RandyStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
Muscle Car Lover
See, now yours have a hint of blue/purple in them compared to Gibbo's.

Do they look like that IRL?
Its most likely because of my flash and garage lights. However, still a shit load better than traditional bulbs, thats so last centuries motoring :D

Big_G

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Fastback
Its most likely because of my flash and garage lights. However, still a shit load better than traditional bulbs, thats so last centuries motoring :D
Which leds did you buy?
I keep saying we need a sticky for bulb replacement, make/model/type, etc.

The DRL are the hardest to get right, the Konik P13W that Ian bought are expensive but they're the correct length & have the correct size base. They're the only ones confirmed as fitting so far.

Sponsored

OP
OP
RandyStang

RandyStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
Muscle Car Lover
Which leds did you buy?

The DRL are the hardest to get right, the Konik P13W that Ian bought are expensive but they're the correct length & have the correct size base. They're the only ones confirmed as fitting so far.
For the sidelights, I bought the first lot of CANBUS that came up on Ebay as they are all pretty standard, cost about a fiver for the pair. Not had a problem with any that I have bought off there with previous cars.

As you say, the DRL's are a little more tricky and unless you want to pay nearly 100 quid for the ones Ian bought, there isn't much of a choice by the looks of it.

I may just buy some ell cheapo's (10 / 15 quid) off ebay and see how I get on, if the worst come to the worst and they don't fit for whatever reason, then I can always revert to the OEM bulbs, with not a lot of dosh lost in the process either.

I will keep posted if I go that route :gossip:

Centurion07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Which leds did you buy?

I've got the diagram ready, just need some exact bulb specs now to form a list! ;)

tEy2rTyh.jpg

I've found some P13W bulbs which SHOULD fit the DRL/foglights (B) at a similar cost to those Ian got from Aus. http://www.horizonleds.co.uk/p13w-cree-led-bulbs/p13w-reflective-cone-led-45w

The headlight bulbs (E) I believe are DS8 25w and the only upgrade is to go to a DS3 35w like the US cars, but those bulbs would require a slight modification to fit (maybe a ballast too IIRC?).

Big_G

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Fastback
For the sidelights, I bought the first lot of CANBUS that came up on Ebay as they are all pretty standard, cost about a fiver for the pair. Not had a problem with any that I have bought off there with previous cars.

As you say, the DRL's are a little more tricky and unless you want to pay nearly 100 quid for the ones Ian bought, there isn't much of a choice by the looks of it.

I may just buy some ell cheapo's (10 / 15 quid) off ebay and see how I get on, if the worst come to the worst and they don't fit for whatever reason, then I can always revert to the OEM bulbs, with not a lot of dosh lost in the process either.

I will keep posted if I go that route :gossip:
Is there not a specific bulb type for the side lights? like the DRL are P13W. Are they T10?
I believe Ian bought Diode Dynamics ones which didn't fit, then el cheapo ones which also didn't fit. The Konik ones fit but as they're Australian cost a bit! Not ÂŁ100 though

Ian whu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
With import duty , think they worked out about 55

Elcheapo, I did make fit, but only lasted a day.

OP
OP
RandyStang

RandyStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
Muscle Car Lover
Is there not a specific bulb type for the side lights? like the DRL are P13W. Are they T10?
I believe Ian bought Diode Dynamics ones which didn't fit, then el cheapo ones which also didn't fit. The Konik ones fit but as they're Australian cost a bit! Not ÂŁ100 though
For the sidelights, put in a search W5W error free LED that will sort them buggers out for ya...

Sponsored
OP
OP
RandyStang

RandyStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
Muscle Car Lover
With import duty , think they worked out about 55

Elcheapo, I did make fit, but only lasted a day.
Thats not so bad then but i am sure when i clicked on your link it said 95, however, it could of been Oz bucks now coming to think about it :doh: Note to ones self, must wear my specs when reading :D

Ian whu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I bought a set of USA fog lights, so going to do away with DRL soon,
Even with led Drl they still look awful

smidra

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EB PP / 2011 Focus EB Titanium

Kiwimatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic GT
Yes mate , the ones I posted in pic, are a bit expensive though. Must be cheaper options out there
Ian, I got the bulbs from blingworks. LHS fit fine, can't for the life of me get the RHS in place. Did you have any issues?