Sponsored

Front Fog Lights & Curious

Centurion07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
I'm confused!

In the handbook the bulb list contains the DRL bulb which is a P13W/30w, and also a foglight bulb which is a H8/60w.

I thought our foglights WERE the DRL's (B)?

A US DRL
B UK DRL/foglight
C sidelight
D indicator
E headlight
Sponsored

Last edited:

friendgr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes. In fact, the european B fog lights include TWO lamps inside. One serves as DRL and another one for fog lights.

Both are completely awful and useless (not bright at all) .

Totally failed lights.

OP
OP
RandyStang

RandyStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
Muscle Car Lover
I'm confused!

In the handbook the bulb list contains the DRL bulb which is a P13W/30w, and also a foglight bulb which is a H8/60w.

A US DRL
B UK DRL/foglight
C sidelight
D indicator
E headlight
Theres two bulbs in the "fog light" assembly.... the lower is the DRL (P13W) and the upper the fog light... turn your car on and light dial to 0, then look at the front of your car and all will become clear :)

Big_G

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Fastback
For the sidelights, put in a search W5W error free LED that will sort them buggers out for ya...
How the hell did you get the sidelights changed??!?! I looked at Diode Dynamics video just for reference but hey surprise surprise ours are different, i'm assuming it the grey connector to the left of the indicator? tried to turn it counter clockwise, would it budge? would it hell.
All i've succeeded in doing is ripping my arm apart on the plastic wheel tub.

Sponsored

Ian whu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
How the hell did you get the sidelights changed??!?! I looked at Diode Dynamics video just for reference but hey surprise surprise ours are different, i'm assuming it the grey connector to the left of the indicator? tried to turn it counter clockwise, would it budge? would it hell.
All i've succeeded in doing is ripping my arm apart on the plastic wheel tub.
pair of pliers, i know, they are a pain

Ian whu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
no mate, just the holder, u only have to turn it a bit, then will be easy

Sponsored

McDoodle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A grey car
I'm confused!

A US DRL
B UK DRL/foglight
C sidelight
D indicator
E headlight
I've just ordered a full set (except for headlights) of replacement front bulbs. I couldn't seem to get them all from one place so I had to order from a variety of sources (I looked on ebay, horizon LEDs, HQ automotive lighting, XenonBulbs and a few others). Looking at the DRL bulb it doesn't look like there is much room inside the actual lens unit so I think you'll probably need a fairly compact replacement bulb (there seem to be quite a few different designs of bulb for each application). For this reason all the bulbs I've ordered are CREE LED Canbus bulbs. Not cheap, but seem to be the best things out there.
I'll hopefully have them all by the weekend so if they fit I'll post up the details and look very clever :D ..... if they don't fit, I won't post anything in order to avoid looking like a complete t:censored:at who ordered the wrong bulbs! :doh:

McDoodle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A grey car
I created a thread with all the lighning stuff for our 2015 Mustangs
So you can check if you ordered the right bulbs :)

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42444
Cool. Thanks for that.

However, the UK owners manual says the front indicator bulbs are PY21W (bayonet fixing) rather than WY21W (blade). Is that an error in the UK manual I wonder? ..... and could I be on the way to looking like a t:censored:at! :D

John577

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White Fastback Mustang GT
Cool. Thanks for that.

However, the UK owners manual says the front indicator bulbs are PY21W (bayonet fixing) rather than WY21W (blade). Is that an error in the UK manual I wonder? ..... and could I be on the way to looking like a t:censored:at! :D
The French manual says the same. Or, we don't have PY21W on the car...
The right bulb is WY21W.

McDoodle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A grey car
The French manual says the same. Or, we don't have PY21W on the car...
The right bulb is WY21W.
Silly me. Fancy referring to the owners manual in order to obtain important information about my vehicle. What was I thinking? :)

-------------------------------------------------------------

Edit. The online version of the manual does say WY21W. Probably best to refer to that from now on.
Sponsored