RandyStang

RandyStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
Muscle Car Lover
O well, my method didn't go to well... I ordered some standard P13W LED's off Fleabay and by the time I trimmed them down enough to fit in the DRL hole, they fell to bits in my hands... Anybody wishing to swap out, take Ian Whu's advise and buy the jobs that will fit in the holes! :headbonk:

Looks to me that the DRL holes maybe undersized in comparison to other manufactures that use a similar set up... :shrug:
Sponsored

Ian whu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
i tried that aswel, before i bought the ones that fit :)

O well, my method didn't go to well... I ordered some standard P13W LED's off Fleabay and by the time I trimmed them down enough to fit in the DRL hole, they fell to bits in my hands... Anybody wishing to swap out, take Ian Whu's advise and buy the jobs that will fit in the holes! :headbonk:

Looks to me that the DRL holes maybe undersized in comparison to other manufactures that use a similar set up... :shrug:

benanderson89

Hooneriffic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Some cheaper cars do the fog light DRL trick, so the fuzz wont care. The MOT centre will care if the DRLs are missing completely however. :headbonk:

I'm going to be replacing the DRLs for sure. I hate the orange lights. Though I'll be getting a strip of LEDs from halfords to fit to the car instead of using the fogs. I think I've mentioned these before on the forums.

I don't want to spend a stupid amount of money on some new DRLs or an entirely new set of front lights, so these will do me fine. I think affixing them between the front fog and the indicator would look pretty good IF they fit - a strip of LEDs would look quite fetching IMHO.

Untitled.png

Big_G

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Fastback
Some cheaper cars do the fog light DRL trick, so the fuzz wont care. The MOT centre will care if the DRLs are missing completely however. :headbonk:

I'm going to be replacing the DRLs for sure. I hate the orange lights. Though I'll be getting a strip of LEDs from halfords to fit to the car instead of using the fogs. I think I've mentioned these before on the forums.

I don't want to spend a stupid amount of money on some new DRLs or an entirely new set of front lights, so these will do me fine. I think affixing them between the front fog and the indicator would look pretty good IF they fit - a strip of LEDs would look quite fetching IMHO.

Untitled.png

Oh god no, don't do it! Nothing worse than a car with stuck on lights.

benanderson89

Hooneriffic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Oh god no, don't do it! Nothing worse than a car with stuck on lights.
Considering how FUGLY the stock DRLs are, its a vast improvement.

Sponsored

benanderson89

Hooneriffic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Considering how FUGLY the stock DRLs are, its a vast improvement.
Just change the bulb :shrug::crazy:? Or get one of the EU guys to put them into the strips?

Or we still working out how to do this (totally phased out of following the lights mod thing as i'll just change my bulbs to white light rather than orange if it's 'that easy'?)

Sponsored

benanderson89

Hooneriffic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Sorry mate but they're not, that's a halfords car crash fitting those. Just buy the Konik LED bulbs to replace the halogens.
I really do hate looking like I left the foglights on - I'd much rather have the strip or the angel eyes posted above.

EDIT: If I could find some strip housings like this I'd be set.

John577

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White Fastback Mustang GT
I really do hate looking like I left the foglights on - I'd much rather have the strip or the angel eyes posted above.
I can agree with you, the DRLs into the fog lights are so ugly !
And are still Ugly with a LED bulb

Ian whu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Sorry. I agree with big _g. They will look so wrong. 35 k car and stick a set of £10 tacky lights on it. :(

benanderson89

Hooneriffic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Sorry. I agree with big _g. They will look so wrong. 35 k car and stick a set of £10 tacky lights on it. :(
Well obviously I wont get the £10 set - I just pulled up the picture as an example of an LED strip.