Sponsored

Found this defect on my CPO Bulitt. Thoughts on how to go about getting this fixed?

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
I absolutely wouldn't not tolerate that. I'd be the biggest thorn in that dealerships side they have ever seen. I'd call all the 800 numbers, go off in the service depth, shitty reviews, harass them online etc. If non of that worked I'd trade it in.

On second thought, that's alot of effort. I'd probably just leave it be.
Sponsored

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
The tires on my 5 year old Mustang are defective......most of the tread is gone. How do I go about getting this fixed?

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
Consider going to a shop that designs and installs interiors. My initial thought it to see if they can steam it well to make it relax. Or, offer guidance as to how to keep the material at its finest, so it doesn't prematurely wear. FWIW, I'm already seeing some general wear on mine. I'm not concerned. I keep them clean, conditioned and always check my pockets (pokable offenses) before going on a drive.

Edit:

Bentley's process. It's a bit involved. Different colored marks tell the computer and laser where defects are, so as to avoid them. You can also watch the detail of putting leather on the steering wheel.

Last edited:

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
Sooooo....are we gonna just ignore that the seats aren't made from real leather?

Or no?

99Zeus99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Performance Pack Whipple Stage 1 Manual
Sooooo....are we gonna just ignore that the seats aren't made from real leather?

Or no?
You must be new to automobiles. No manufacturer in the US and most of Europe/Asia uses real leather interior. This is nothing new. You think you're gonna buy a $35k-$40k car and get $25k leather interior? You buy a quarter million dollar Porsche, Lamborghini or Ferrari then yes, your leather interior is REAL leather. Even Katzkin uses synthetic leather main seating surface and real leather trim around the outside and that's the cheapest Brazilian raised leather you can buy. A leather belt costs $50-$500. Think about it. News flash, your leather chair from Costco isn't leather either. You want real leather, raise cattle or go hunt. Not trying to be a jerk, just encouraging folks to think before buying the BS marketing from manufacturers. Back in the day, Chrysler used to advertise Rich Corinthian Leather for their LeBaron interiors. There's no such thing as Corinthian leather. It's as fake as LeMans stripes on a non-Shelby. Just drive your car and enjoy it. Play some good tunes and drive it. Life is shorter than you think. If you can get a beautiful woman in the passenger seat who's not annoying, even better. Go kill some tires!

Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
You must be new to automobiles. No manufacturer in the US and most of Europe/Asia uses real leather interior. This is nothing new. You think you're gonna buy a $35k-$40k car and get $25k leather interior? You buy a quarter million dollar Porsche, Lamborghini or Ferrari then yes, your leather interior is REAL leather. Even Katzkin uses synthetic leather main seating surface and real leather trim around the outside and that's the cheapest Brazilian raised leather you can buy. A leather belt costs $50-$500. Think about it. News flash, your leather chair from Costco isn't leather either. You want real leather, raise cattle or go hunt. Not trying to be a jerk, just encouraging folks to think before buying the BS marketing from manufacturers. Back in the day, Chrysler used to advertise Rich Corinthian Leather for their LeBaron interiors. There's no such thing as Corinthian leather. It's as fake as LeMans stripes on a non-Shelby. Just drive your car and enjoy it. Play some good tunes and drive it. Life is shorter than you think. If you can get a beautiful woman in the passenger seat who's not annoying, even better. Go kill some tires!
There is leather and there is leather. If the product comes from the hide of an animal itā€™s leather. Yes, there are quality levels. There are also production and processing levels. But that doesnā€™t mean the product on the seating surfaces of a Mustang isnā€™t real leather. But it certainly isnā€™t Rolls Royce quality, nor should it be.

Also Katzkin isā€realā€ leather. Ask anyone who has them.
https://faq.katzkin.com/hc/en-us/ar...als-does-Katzkin-offer-and-what-do-they-mean-

And everything you wanted to know about leather.

https://www.libertyleathergoods.com/types-of-leather/
https://www.libertyleathergoods.com/corinthian-leather/

Last edited:

99Zeus99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Performance Pack Whipple Stage 1 Manual
There is leather and there is leather. If the product comes from the hide of an animal itā€™s leather. Yes, there are quality levels. There are also production and processing levels. But that does mean the product on the seating surfaces of a Mustang isnā€™t real leather. But it certainly isnā€™t Rolls Royce quality, nor should it be.

Also Katzkin isā€realā€ leather. Ask anyone who has them.
https://faq.katzkin.com/hc/en-us/ar...als-does-Katzkin-offer-and-what-do-they-mean-

And everything you wanted to know about leather.

https://www.libertyleathergoods.com/types-of-leather/
https://www.libertyleathergoods.com/corinthian-leather/
Much better explanation than mine. Thank you.

OP
OP
nik_the_titan

nik_the_titan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nik
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ecoboost Mustang
Thanks everyone for posting. I think Iā€™ll probably take my dose of a chill pill and enjoy this beautiful machine. As mentioned in other posts, Iā€™ll try the conditioning and keeping it clean but when it really starts to bother me Iā€™ll talk to a local upholsterer about potentially steaming out the imperfection.

JetGray_Mach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 (HP)
Its just normal wrinkle from all the fart contamination that car has endured the 5 years in service. :like:

Sponsored

luca1290

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luca
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Mercedes A250 4Matic (W177)
Thanks everyone for posting. I think Iā€™ll probably take my dose of a chill pill and enjoy this beautiful machine.
If THAT little crease is the only imperfection you found on a five year old car, and that's a real Bullitt, hold on to it for dear life because the value of that car is going to go up.

And use the same level of care, if not better, used the previous owner.

Boyd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Boyd
Vehicle(s)
17 F5 Cobra, 93 Fox race car, 21 Mach 1, 23 F150
Wait a few years, then you can get all the wear taken care of at the same time.

Golf Cabrio Vorher 01.jpg

Bob Lob Law

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT Premium
Since leather is a natural product, it comes with some natural imperfections. That may just be a healed scar that the "donor" cow suffered during its lifetime. Rolls Royce and Bentley may carefully choose portions of hides that are flawless from which to cut seat leather. I'll bet Ford doesn't.

They use Italian leather. The only difference is they don't use barbed wire for fencing.

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
I will echo what mmff88gt said:

I worked with leather for many years. My dad owned a company that built and maintained leather tanning equipment. That imperfection is a scar, caused by barb wire. Don't treat it, steam it or do anything else to it. All you will do is damage the finish. Ford seat leather is "dead" leather, actually most car seats are. The finish is sprayed on and the grain is pressed in, it doesn't breathe. All you should do is keep it clean.

Also, I have never heard of a CPO that covered cosmetic flaws.

Last edited:

mmff88gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Convertible
Edit:

Bentley's process. It's a bit involved. Different colored marks tell the computer and laser where defects are, so as to avoid them. You can also watch the detail of putting leather on the steering wheel.
[/QUOTE]
Skye -- Wish you hadn't posted the You Tube of Bentley choosing leather for interiors. I was perfectly satisfied with my Mustang GT convertible. Now I feel that I "need" a Bentley Continental GTC Speed.
Sponsored