Sponsored

Found this defect on my CPO Bulitt. Thoughts on how to go about getting this fixed?

geep81

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium
This totally looks like damage from someone placing something heavy there at some point. Perhaps a Lowes run for some 2x4s from the previous owner...

OP
OP
nik_the_titan

nik_the_titan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nik
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ecoboost Mustang
If THAT little crease is the only imperfection you found on a five year old car, and that's a real Bullitt, hold on to it for dear life because the value of that car is going to go up.

And use the same level of care, if not better, used the previous owner.
If THAT little crease is the only imperfection you found on a five year old car, and that's a real Bullitt, hold on to it for dear life because the value of that car is going to go up.

And use the same level of care, if not better, used the previous owner.
IMG_9314.jpeg

I plan on doing so! Previous owner only put about 2000 miles in 5 years. I think I’d add a few more :)

joe603

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium PP
wonder if a carefully used heat gun would smooth it out?

luca1290

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luca
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Mercedes A250 4Matic (W177)
Congratulations!
You hit a rare find. The car is 100% stock?

Sponsored

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
You must be new to automobiles. No manufacturer in the US and most of Europe/Asia uses real leather interior. This is nothing new. You think you're gonna buy a $35k-$40k car and get $25k leather interior? You buy a quarter million dollar Porsche, Lamborghini or Ferrari then yes, your leather interior is REAL leather. Even Katzkin uses synthetic leather main seating surface and real leather trim around the outside and that's the cheapest Brazilian raised leather you can buy. A leather belt costs $50-$500. Think about it. News flash, your leather chair from Costco isn't leather either. You want real leather, raise cattle or go hunt. Not trying to be a jerk, just encouraging folks to think before buying the BS marketing from manufacturers. Back in the day, Chrysler used to advertise Rich Corinthian Leather for their LeBaron interiors. There's no such thing as Corinthian leather. It's as fake as LeMans stripes on a non-Shelby. Just drive your car and enjoy it. Play some good tunes and drive it. Life is shorter than you think. If you can get a beautiful woman in the passenger seat who's not annoying, even better. Go kill some tires!
Yes, I know. I don't understand why you're repeating me in OCD details, but there you have it.

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
wonder if a carefully used heat gun would smooth it out?
No. The grain and pattern is pressed into the leather with heat and enough pressure to result in amputations if you get an appendage in the way. But, that doesn't remove scars. I got called a lot to clean the remains of fingers and hands from the press plates, when I worked for my dad years ago. Boy, do I have stories!!!