Sponsored

Found this defect on my CPO Bulitt. Thoughts on how to go about getting this fixed?

nik_the_titan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nik
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ecoboost Mustang
Found this almost crack like thing on my leather seats. Thoughts on what I can do to get this fixed up?

IMG_9289.jpeg
Sponsored

MattMPA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT, 2016 Interceptor Utility, 2005 Excursion
That doesn't look like a crack to me. Looks like an imperfection in the leather grain. Is the surface broken/split? You'll see odd spots in leather all over...even the steering wheel. It's disappointing...but not unexpected.

It's frustrating for those of us with OCD...but leather gets creases as it's used. Need to learn to deal with it. I'd expect a replacement to be no better.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Itā€™s a 2019, the 3/36 is done as far as trying to warranty it.

Here is Ford GSBā€™s pertaining to leather warranty coverage.
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...-used-to-be-gsb-g0000129.112230/#post-3696543

Again, thereā€™s nothing that can be done since the 3/36 is done. It doesnā€™t matter if itā€™s CPO or not either.

If you bought a Ford ESP warranty, you would have to read through all of the fine print to see if upholstery is covered. Most likely not covered by an ESP either.

OP
OP
nik_the_titan

nik_the_titan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nik
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ecoboost Mustang
That doesn't look like a crack to me. Looks like an imperfection in the leather grain. Is the surface broken/split? You'll see odd spots in leather all over...even the steering wheel. It's disappointing...but not unexpected.

It's frustrating for those of us with OCD...but leather gets creases as it's used. Need to learn to deal with it. I'd expect a replacement to be no better.
Surface seems fine, seems more like a crease like you said. Dang that kinda blows but thanks for your reply

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Surface seems fine, seems more like a crease like you said. Dang that kinda blows but thanks for your reply
Try a leather conditioner to see if you can soften up that crease a bit.

Sponsored

OP
OP
nik_the_titan

nik_the_titan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nik
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ecoboost Mustang
Itā€™s a 2019, the 3/36 is done as far as trying to warranty it.

Here is Ford GSBā€™s pertaining to leather warranty coverage.
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...-used-to-be-gsb-g0000129.112230/#post-3696543

Again, thereā€™s nothing that can be done since the 3/36 is done. It doesnā€™t matter if itā€™s CPO or not either.

If you bought a Ford ESP warranty, you would have to read through all of the fine print to see if upholstery is covered. Most likely not covered by an ESP either.
All CPO vehicles come with Premium care although Iā€™m not familiar if that covers interior defects.

MattMPA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT, 2016 Interceptor Utility, 2005 Excursion
tried that, didnā€™t really help much :/
Unfortunately, most modern car leather is "coated" and doesn't absorb leather products. They act more a dressing on the surface.

mmff88gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Convertible

Since leather is a natural product, it comes with some natural imperfections. That may just be a healed scar that the "donor" cow suffered during its lifetime. Rolls Royce and Bentley may carefully choose portions of hides that are flawless from which to cut seat leather. I'll bet Ford doesn't.

Mike Pfeifer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red Mustang GT A10
Since leather is a natural product, it comes with some natural imperfections. That may just be a healed scar that the "donor" cow suffered during its lifetime. Rolls Royce and Bentley may carefully choose portions of hides that are flawless from which to cut seat leather. I'll bet Ford doesn't.
100% agreed. Also, it IS a pre owned car. Certified doesnā€™t make it a new car. Something like that would not fail inspection.

Sponsored

rocsteady

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
Just my two cents, having worked in a dealership for over a decade. For something like this I was often underwhelmed with the factory replacement, and on a number of occasions, everyone (the customer, the tech, and I) felt after replacement that it was better before it was touched. I do get it though, I'm the same way, there's a few little things that bug me that no one else would even notice. See if you can deal with it until you decide to get an upholsterer to install fancy schmancy neon yellow/green leather seats with bright red stitching; problem solved...

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
Nothing. It's not a "defect", it's a normal part of being a 5 year old used fleet rental car.

Stop obsessing, it's fine.

Last edited:

MiamiGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I would soak it heavily in leather conditioner and leave it. Then add some more condtioner and use a leather brush to see if it smooths out.

If you want to try to fix it, you can sand it down with sand paper and fix the color / coat with products from seatdoctors.com.

Whilst I understand how these defects can be bothersome, I would advise you to leave it be if the conditioner doesn't work. You will probably throw yourself into an endless loop of "making it worse."

Hoofer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Boz
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Vert, PP1, MagneRide, ActiveExhaust, B&O
Found this almost crack like thing on my leather seats. Thoughts on what I can do to get this fixed up?

IMG_9289.jpeg
Dude, leave it alone. Go do something memorable with your family or friends instead. Life is too short to worry about insignificant variations in your car seats leather. I'm serious.