Sponsored

Ford Racing ProCal Tune

Regs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2016 Echoboost
While driving home from work today, for some reason a new Lexus 460L decided he wanted to blow by me. Just to see what would happen, I put it in Sport and ended up pulling away around 100mph. At the next light, he pulled up short next to me and looked at my car. I guess he was looking for a 5.0 emblem. Many folks underestimate this car to begin with, but the FP Tune makes it a real sleeper. Just my 2cents.
I had a Volkswagen 1.8L Jetta try that on me last night lol. They think their 0-40 is quick, but once they get up in past 60mph the Mustang just pisses on most sedans.
Sponsored

rgingo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 2.3T/Auto/50-yr/FRT
I've been following this thread for a while now, but now (as of yesterday) I have the tune installed... so now I can add my own 2-cents. Since I only have about 30 miles on, the reprogramming has not finished yet. It feels more powerful, but I will wait before saying anything about power. The sound in the cabin seems similar to before even with the "sound-enhancements" deactivated. More on all of this later.

Redcruzer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 eco boost premium convertible, Ruby red
Got "The Box" today.:cheers: ( can't for the life of me figure out how to rotate an image here on my iPad)
image.jpg

Sponsored

Redcruzer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 eco boost premium convertible, Ruby red
The Ford Preformance Catalog was courtesy of the local Ford dealer where I purchased the kit. Good business practices! It's amazing how few Ford dealers are Ford Preformance dealers around here. Only one in the Bay Area. Eight plus million people....

Last edited:

JonD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EcoBoost
Tune going in... I'll add my experience with the 2017 Auto this weekend

*Update*
Installed putting some miles on the car this weekend

I'm going to try a few variations with the MIT to get whatever produces (if fitment works)
MIT+Green Filter/Stock Box
MIT+FP Tune Bucket

Last edited:

Regs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2016 Echoboost
I was quoted 1150 dollars 3 hrs of labor in NJ. Does that sound right? Looking for a place at does this seems not so obvious

Sponsored

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP
I was quoted 1150 dollars 3 hrs of labor in NJ. Does that sound right? Looking for a place at does this seems not so obvious
LOL find another place! Definitely should not be taking/charging more than 2 hours labor and you can buy the parts for < $500. Install of intake maybe 40 mins if you're not familiar. Install of tune took almost exactly 16 minutes but allow for more because of interpreting instructions and lack of familiarity. Either way, not more than 2 hours or they don't have a clue and you probably don't want them working on it anyways.

jtmat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vert turbo!!!!
No

Mine was about $750 parts/labor/taxes at a dealer. See if you can find another dealer or speak with the dealer that gave you the quote and ask to negotiate.

gotboost?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Triple Yellow
$225.89 at dealership were car was purchased (purchased tune separately from Levittown). I would road-trip if I had to.

JonD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EcoBoost
First impressions after driving around today and putting on a hundred miles is it does hold more boost lower now, unlike how it vents boost at partial throttle in stock form. It drives exactly how you'd want it to and makes me wonder why it didn't have these drive characteristics off the lot.

Not going to make you wet with power but feels better from start to finish
Sponsored