Sponsored

Ford Racing ProCal Tune

firedaniel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
i would put a few miles on it before judging it. It also needs time for the transmission to relearn. I tried to get 0-60 today and the backend kept breaking loose on the asphalt i was on when i would launch. It was still fun the best I was able to get was a 5.9 I need to find a better place to run it. Ive been happy overall with it. I need to take it to the track.
Sponsored

shelbywannabe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black Mustang GT PP
The lag at 2500 doesn't sound good. Hope you figure out what is going on.

stevnoof

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt base manual 3.31
Nice 60 ft

xraystyle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Premium, Magnetic
So I finally got it installed and I'm not sure what to think...

My before times were
0-60: 6.1
1/8: 9.1 at 79mph
60ft was 1.9.

I just did a few runs with it installed and my best were
0-60: 6.7
1/8: 9.3 (doesn't tell me the mph unless I break the record and I wasn't looking)
60ft: 1.7

I mean I guess it could be user error, but I launched it exactly the same... I'm wondering if they didn't flash it correctly. It was the first time they did it at my dealership and they seemed like they didn't really know what they were doing with the software. I don't know guys...

The one thing that I noticed is that it gets kinda laggy around 2500, which it didn't use to do.

I seem to recall hearing that it takes 30 miles or so for the car to adjust to the tune. Drive it around for a day or two, then give it another spin.

jtmat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vert turbo!!!!
I seem to recall hearing that it takes 30 miles or so for the car to adjust to the tune. Drive it around for a day or two, then give it another spin.
My wheels better catch fire when I leave the dealer or I'm driving right to my lawyer.

Just kidding... yea, it might take a minute for it to catch.

The other huge part is learning how to launch the car. When I put my unleashed tune on the car, I had to learn exactly how to launch before I could hit good numbers. Took me a couple of tries before I figured it out.

Sponsored

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP
I agree you'll probably need to learn to launch it best but with the improved 60ft, you should've seen better numbers. That coupled with the lag you reported at 2500 would have me concerned.

3 things that changed should make it definitely noticeable and better.

1) Low end tq and hp. It was a significant boost to the low end so you should feel that launching, the 60ft certainly looks better.

2) High end tq and hp. Stock, the car just seems to go flat above 5500 rpms. You should feel it pulling strong the whole way up.

3) Transmission tuning, shift point adjustment. Shift point adjustment should even further improve #2 unless you have a MT.

At 2500 rpms, that thing should be a wild stallion.

jrock

The
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Blue EB
Vehicle Showcase
So I finally got it installed and I'm not sure what to think...

My before times were
0-60: 6.1
1/8: 9.1 at 79mph
60ft was 1.9.

I just did a few runs with it installed and my best were
0-60: 6.7
1/8: 9.3 (doesn't tell me the mph unless I break the record and I wasn't looking)
60ft: 1.7

I mean I guess it could be user error, but I launched it exactly the same... I'm wondering if they didn't flash it correctly. It was the first time they did it at my dealership and they seemed like they didn't really know what they were doing with the software. I don't know guys...

The one thing that I noticed is that it gets kinda laggy around 2500, which it didn't use to do.
Wonder if the dealer selected a different gear ratio when loading the tune? :shrug:

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP
Wonder if the dealer selected a different gear ratio when loading the tune? :shrug:
A quick way to tell if that's the case is set the cruise control for a steady speed, fairly flat road and look at a GPS and compare speeds.

I had the gears replaced/changed in my last Mustang and the dealer didn't change it in the computer. I could tell before I was a mile away the speedometer was off just by the feel.

zrx4me

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
randy
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT
that tune should not take 30 miles to run.There is something wrong and I would go back to dealer ASAP.most likely they did not load map.

Cerberus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost (Magnetic)
Can someone kindly post ("blank") copies of the form(s), required by Ford to be completed and submitted, following the installation of the tune and CAI, in order to secured the warranty? Much thanks.

Michael

Sponsored

lizardrko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB Auto PP
Can someone kindly post ("blank") copies of the form(s), required by Ford to be completed and submitted, following the installation of the tune and CAI, in order to secured the warranty? Much thanks.

Michael
Email all of this to fwrnty [AT] ford [DOT] com

Name:
Email:
Cell:
Part #: M-9603-M4
Name of Vehicle: 201x Ecoboost Mustang
VIN:
Order Date: (might want to include receipt from wherever you ordered)
Installation date: (might want to include workorder from ASE certified shop or dealer)
Installation performed by: (name of ASE shop or dealer)
Mileage before install:

I gave them all of this and the rep told me I successfully registered

Cerberus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost (Magnetic)
Email all of this to fwrnty [AT] ford [DOT] com

Name:
Email:
Cell:
Part #: M-9603-M4
Name of Vehicle: 201x Ecoboost Mustang
VIN:
Order Date: (might want to include receipt from wherever you ordered)
Installation date: (might want to include workorder from ASE certified shop or dealer)
Installation performed by: (name of ASE shop or dealer)
Mileage before install:

I gave them all of this and the rep told me I successfully registered
Thanks so much for responding. Two quick questions:

1. Are the comments set forth in parenthesis (such as "might want to include receipt, etc."), actually set forth in the form as such, or are those comments which you personally wrote and interjected?

2. So you emailed the info to a Ford Warranty email address and, thereafter, a rep "told you" that you had registered. Were you told that verbally somehow, or did you receive a responsive email telling you (in writing), that you had successfully registered?

Thanks again for taking the time to respond.

Pididdle

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium Performance pac
Hi all, this is my first time posting.
I had the FP tune installed a couple off weeks ago and it took a good 30 miles before it kicked in. The car pulls right up to red line now with a lot more torque everywhere, to me it's like a new car, combined with the performance package this little Ecoboost turned out to be a pretty fast little car. Very happy with the tune.
Beware most dealers have no clue on how to install the tune

Dave

lizardrko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB Auto PP
Thanks so much for responding. Two quick questions:

1. Are the comments set forth in parenthesis (such as "might want to include receipt, etc."), actually set forth in the form as such, or are those comments which you personally wrote and interjected?

2. So you emailed the info to a Ford Warranty email address and, thereafter, a rep "told you" that you had registered. Were you told that verbally somehow, or did you receive a responsive email telling you (in writing), that you had successfully registered?

Thanks again for taking the time to respond.
No problem. There is a small paragraph in the FP warranty section online on what to include, however it is not very descriptive so I just decided to include all the documentation I had (receipts from CJPP and the installation work). I just made this template and sent it to them. Better safe than sorry, I am not sure if I needed to include everything, doesn't hurt to.

I emailed them and a rep emailed back and it basically said "thanks your warranty for the part has now been registered." It takes a day or two for them to respond. You can also call them but id rather email so I have written proof that it was registered.

jtmat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vert turbo!!!!
Mine just arrived... surprised at the huge box. Could not fit in my vert trunk (or maybe it could have... a quick look and I said no, did not try).

Hopefully I will run some numbers tomorrow and give an impression... I will be able to compare it to another tune, Unleashed.

Looking at the comments, I'm happy my dealer has a couple of these installs under his belt already... hopefully mine will go smoothly.

Levittown Ford is crazy fast... ordered yesterday, arrived today??? And still cheaper than anyone else I can find... Wow....

They have definitely earned my future business...

Sub-Total: $506.00
FedEx (Ground Home Delivery): $29.56
Total: $535.56

http://www.levittownfordparts.com/f...-ecoboost-performance-calibration-p-3260.html

Sponsored

Last edited: