Sponsored

Ford Racing ProCal Tune

PRG3k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Turbo
Thread will go on for a long time.

Things like 0-60 and pulls in gears are mostly conjecture and butt dynoing, coupled with some very inaccurate information from the track apps. Take a stock car with the automatic transmission and tire upgrade and it will put you in the 4's 0-60.

A dyno sheet and 1/4 mile slip will tell you everything. It will take a while to build up a substantial amount of people who make it to either one of those two things.

speedfrk

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.nationalsuperbike.com
First Name
Curt
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier
From Vargas on their new turbo- "We are not suggesting you have to run your car on E85, we have easy access to it, and it is great fuel. As a hardware supplier we are showing turbocharger capability. What levels you get on different fuels will vary by many many things, including tuning, altitude, etc. We cannot possibly test for all of these"

They are a pretty big operation and they can't test for all the variables. That is the draw of the FP tune- they can and do test for all the scenarios. For cars with a lot of hardware mods, a custom tune is the way to go but for a basically stock car, the FP tune will be the way to go- especially if you are concerned about durability and plan to keep the car past the warranty period.

marjen

2015 Mustang Ecoboost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang Ecoboost premium
Looks like my tune package will arrive today. Now i need to arrange to get it installed. Thinking about borrowing a PC and install it myself. My warranty is up anyway. Wish I had the extra money to dyno the thing. would love to see stock, then with tune, then with tune and CAI. But thats a few hundred dollars in the name of science that I dont really have right now.

Sponsored

shelbywannabe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black Mustang GT PP
Looks like my tune package will arrive today. Now i need to arrange to get it installed. Thinking about borrowing a PC and install it myself. My warranty is up anyway. Wish I had the extra money to dyno the thing. would love to see stock, then with tune, then with tune and CAI. But thats a few hundred dollars in the name of science that I dont really have right now.
Can you run some before and after 0-30 and 0-60 times etc ? It might not prove much but at least you will have some info for yourself.

lizardrko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB Auto PP
You should install it from your own laptop/PC regardless who installs it. It will save a copy of the stock tune on the system, which you might need later down the road as well as the ProCal software. I am not sure if you can install it on another system once installed as it uses the key provided in the envelope. It could be a one time use.

marjen

2015 Mustang Ecoboost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You should install it from your own laptop/PC regardless who installs it. It will save a copy of the stock tune on the system, which you might need later down the road as well as the ProCal software. I am not sure if you can install it on another system once installed as it uses the key provided in the envelope. It could be a one time use.
I only have Mac's in my house, so looking to see if someone have a PC i can borrow.

marjen

2015 Mustang Ecoboost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Can you run some before and after 0-30 and 0-60 times etc ? It might not prove much but at least you will have some info for yourself.
Since the engine blew last year afraid to put the peddle to the floor lol. Dont think I have gone WOT since. Also its pretty cold here and I am on winter tires, so not sure its going to tell a whole lot.

jtmat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vert turbo!!!!
Interested to see what you think...

I ordered mine today through Levittown Ford... $535 shipped. My local dealer will install it for around $200... said they don't care if I purchase it from another Ford dealer.

I'll more than likely sell my X4 for hopefully at or over $200 and be out only the purchase price for this thing.

My 0-60 times are known.... 6.1 with no tune and 5.3 with unleashed.

Since the engine blew last year afraid to put the peddle to the floor lol. Dont think I have gone WOT since. Also its pretty cold here and I am on winter tires, so not sure its going to tell a whole lot.
I feel you there... my last 0-60 was last year, around Sep/Oct I guess. I'll more than likely do some runs when I get the new tune installed, for my own curiosity.

I've been on the stock tune now for well over a month or two and I still pull away from everything at the light. lol

Sponsored

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP
Interested to see what you think...

I ordered mine today through Levittown Ford... $535 shipped. My local dealer will install it for around $200... said they don't care if I purchase it from another Ford dealer.

I'll more than likely sell my X4 for hopefully at or over $200 and be out only the purchase price for this thing.

My 0-60 times are known.... 6.1 with no tune and 5.3 with unleashed.

I feel you there... my last 0-60 was last year, around Sep/Oct I guess. I'll more than likely do some runs when I get the new tune installed, for my own curiosity.

I've been on the stock tune now for well over a month or two and I still pull away from everything at the light. lol
That will make for a nice comparison. You might want to do another 0-60 before you install it so the weather is similar too. I think that will be about the best comparison yet.

marjen

2015 Mustang Ecoboost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I am pretty much the same way, just ease into it a little more. I am not passive with the car, but fear stomping it all the way open, last time I did bad things happened.

I am more interested to see how the shifting is and general feel of the tune. This is a weakness in the stock tune.

Also got mine from Levittown on black friday so free shipping! And it is getting here fast.

jtmat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vert turbo!!!!
I am pretty much the same way, just ease into it a little more. I am not passive with the car, but fear stomping it all the way open, last time I did bad things happened.

I am more interested to see how the shifting is and general feel of the tune. This is a weakness in the stock tune.

Also got mine from Levittown on black friday so free shipping! And it is getting here fast.
Their website states the kit is on back order... but they sent me a tracking number moments ago... darn fast shipping.

marjen

2015 Mustang Ecoboost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mine was on the truck for delivery but I was not here so they didn't leave it, damn it.

lightNfast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 Red Ecoboost 6sp
So I finally got it installed and I'm not sure what to think...

My before times were
0-60: 6.1
1/8: 9.1 at 79mph
60ft was 1.9.

I just did a few runs with it installed and my best were
0-60: 6.7
1/8: 9.3 (doesn't tell me the mph unless I break the record and I wasn't looking)
60ft: 1.7

I mean I guess it could be user error, but I launched it exactly the same... I'm wondering if they didn't flash it correctly. It was the first time they did it at my dealership and they seemed like they didn't really know what they were doing with the software. I don't know guys...

The one thing that I noticed is that it gets kinda laggy around 2500, which it didn't use to do.
Sponsored