Sponsored

Ford Racing ProCal Tune

JamesinLittleSilver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red Ecoboost Premium
Do you know if it changes the top speed?
MPG change?
Looks like the dyno shows same performance up to certain RPM...when do you feel it?
Sponsored

Regs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2016 Echoboost
Just came back from install. Leaving dealership, couldn't really tell. Took the long way home to see what happens. After a few stops, notice car wanted to pull. Going from light to light, no real push. However found a spot to go 60 to a 100, it pulls much harder than before. They also recommended I sell the MAF on ebay LOL.
Doesn't the tune need to adjust as well? I would think it would need to take 20 or so miles for it to kick in.

Turbong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RR EB 6MT PP Recaros
How much did they charge for the install? So the inlet doesn't fit which means all they did was flash it right?

gotboost?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Triple Yellow
Dealer charged 225 to install. Took a third ride to take it past 100 mph. Once you cross 3K, car simply charges ahead. FP provides the entire intake from the GT 350 including the part you don't need (The MAF). I simply stashed in my basement. I will take a photo of the set up. Bottom line - I am not a track person or anything like that, but the car is way faster than it was yesterday. Loving it. It seemed to take some driving for whatever to adjust. My third ride was awesome. Of course the novelty will wear off, but the car is so much different now.

Sponsored

gotboost?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Triple Yellow
How long did the install take?
2 hours. I waited. They test drove it and handed it over. No codes, no noises, was pleasantly surprised. Went well. $225 and I was out of there. Mine was the first one they did, so I imagine the time will go down as they become routine.

jtmat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vert turbo!!!!
Dealer charged 225 to install. Took a third ride to take it past 100 mph. Once you cross 3K, car simply charges ahead. FP provides the entire intake from the GT 350 including the part you don't need (The MAF). I simply stashed in my basement. I will take a photo of the set up. Bottom line - I am not a track person or anything like that, but the car is way faster than it was yesterday. Loving it. It seemed to take some driving for whatever to adjust. My third ride was awesome. Of course the novelty will wear off, but the car is so much different now.
It might not wear off... had my unleashed tune for a year and some months... I get a good laugh every time I drive it.

I've been driving with my stock tune for over 1400 miles... the car works harder without a tune... or that is how my car feels. Feels...

Can't wait for the pics.... and more info on tune.

Waiting for the comparison against other tunes.

I was going to get this, but other toys won out... more ammo (357, 9, 38, 40... etc) and a new laptop (X1 carbon). :D

Let me know if you go to any of the car meets around MD/DC/VA....

john wilson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 eco
Just came back from install. Leaving dealership, couldn't really tell. Took the long way home to see what happens. After a few stops, notice car wanted to pull. Going from light to light, no real push. However found a spot to go 60 to a 100, it pulls much harder than before. They also recommended I sell the MAF on ebay LOL.
I'm using 93 octane,I get pushed back into my seat.... almost as great as my 6 l. G8 GT.

Sponsored

john wilson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 eco
Doesn't the tune need to adjust as well? I would think it would need to take 20 or so miles for it to kick in.
Yes. My dealer tech told me to drive it normal for about 30 miles. Just after the mod I noticed my intake air temp was run kind of hot , like 30 and more degrees hot. Next day all seems normal 3-10 degrees warmer.

Last edited:

john wilson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 eco
Dito!! Mine is an auto. The tune does an excellent job at shifting. Stone different then stock.

Last edited:

john wilson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 eco
2 hours. I waited. They test drove it and handed it over. No codes, no noises, was pleasantly surprised. Went well. $225 and I was out of there. Mine was the first one they did, so I imagine the time will go down as they become routine.
I was also number one at my dealer. Cost over $300.00 labor. The next day on line my dealer had given me a $100.00 credit. They never told me....nice suprise.

tcman54

Stanghead
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
$200 or $300 for install? why would it take up to 3 hours to install an air intake and upload a tune, seems nutty to me.

TC :doh:
Sponsored