Reaction score
Website
www.nationalsuperbike.com
First Name
Curt
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier
Patience grasshopper.:ford:
How does the intake sound compared to the stock airbox? Is it a lot louder? I'm really thinking of getting the kit and them selling the intake. But if it isn't much louder, I might keep it...
Sponsored

Maggneto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Premium PP/Navi/ZF(6R80) Shaker Pro
Drag and track racing would technically void your warranty regardless... It clearly states it will not void your limited warranty if installed by dealer or ASE mechanic, thats more valuable than what you believe.
This is both correct and incorrect. if you "bracket style" drag race in events against other cars this would void the warranty and also void your insurance. Pulling single drag style racing like 0-60 and 1/4 would not under certain circumstances. At least that is my understanding. Read the fine print.

http://www.motorauthority.com/news/...tang-will-void-its-warranty-despite-line-lock

The PT warranty covers more than just the engine so for a transmission error event for instance, the 5-60 warranty would not cover that failure if you have the FP tune post 3-36?

Last edited:

lizardrko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB Auto PP
How does the intake sound compared to the stock airbox? Is it a lot louder? I'm really thinking of getting the kit and them selling the intake. But if it isn't much louder, I might keep it...
It is a little louder than stock. Not nearly as loud as my mishimoto intake I had before, but still louder than stock, u can hear the blow off sound from the outside more. FYI if u dont install the intake, you dont get the warranty if u were going that route.

DSagun

Probably the slowest Eco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB aka SEULGI 1
Planning on pulling the trigger on this and having the dealer install it so I can get that warranty.

Also planning to install a FMIC. If I install it before taking it to the dealer for the tune, will they deny me the warranty because of the FMIC? Or should I install it after?

lizardrko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB Auto PP
Planning on pulling the trigger on this and having the dealer install it so I can get that warranty.

Also planning to install a FMIC. If I install it before taking it to the dealer for the tune, will they deny me the warranty because of the FMIC? Or should I install it after?
Probably be easier to install afterwards in case ur dealer hates mods. Or take it to an ASE certified shop for the tune install so it wont matter if u have a FMIC or not

Sponsored

DSagun

Probably the slowest Eco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB aka SEULGI 1
Probably be easier to install afterwards in case ur dealer hates mods. Or take it to an ASE certified shop for the tune install so it wont matter if u have a FMIC or not
Thanks for the input! I may have to switch back to my OEM exhaust as well just in case if I decide to take it to the dealer.

I'm not really sure how tunes work with aftermarket parts so I don't know if I needed to have an intake, FMIC, exhaust to get the most out of the tune rather than the car being tuned for stock parts.

I'll look into ASE shops but I don't think they'll offer the warranty, will they? But I guess it would also depend on the shop.

lizardrko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB Auto PP
Thanks for the input! I may have to switch back to my OEM exhaust as well just in case if I decide to take it to the dealer.

I'm not really sure how tunes work with aftermarket parts so I don't know if I needed to have an intake, FMIC, exhaust to get the most out of the tune rather than the car being tuned for stock parts.

I'll look into ASE shops but I don't think they'll offer the warranty, will they? But I guess it would also depend on the shop.
The tune actually comes with an intake that must be installed with the tune to obtain the warranty. As long as u get it installed by an ASE shop, u are eligible for the ford performance warranty. U just have to email ford performance with the necessary information (check their website for the specifics). Thats what I did and I registered for the warranty just fine, I was given a confirmation email. If u install the tune and no intake and something goes wrong, u void your FP warranty and probably your factory warranty as well.
The tune is technically tuned for the intake thats it. If you have an IC or exhaust, the gains wont be seen as much as if u were to get a pro-tune that would be tuned to your specific mods. But the advantage is obviously the warranty.

marjen

2015 Mustang Ecoboost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang Ecoboost premium
Hoping somebody get their car on the dyno with this thing soon. Really considering it. The warranty isn't really the issue for me, as I am at 40k miles already. I guess I just feel it would be safer to go with the FP tune than third party tuner. I do technically have about 18 months warranty left on my replaced engine. The dealership that installed it said I would have a 2 year/unlimited mile warranty on all parts replaced when my engine blew, so I dont want to do anything that would cause my dealership to not honor that. They pretty solid about mods, but dont want to press my luck again.

DSagun

Probably the slowest Eco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB aka SEULGI 1
The tune actually comes with an intake that must be installed with the tune to obtain the warranty. As long as u get it installed by an ASE shop, u are eligible for the ford performance warranty. U just have to email ford performance with the necessary information (check their website for the specifics). Thats what I did and I registered for the warranty just fine, I was given a confirmation email. If u install the tune and no intake and something goes wrong, u void your FP warranty and probably your factory warranty as well.
The tune is technically tuned for the intake thats it. If you have an IC or exhaust, the gains wont be seen as much as if u were to get a pro-tune that would be tuned to your specific mods. But the advantage is obviously the warranty.
Thanks for clarifying, that really helps a lot!

GJarrett

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EcoBoost Premium
Hoping somebody get their car on the dyno with this thing soon. Really considering it.
I'm hoping someone does a before and after dyno; I don't know how well I'd be able to interpret a dyno of the installed tune without knowing what the car dyno'd before the installation.

Sponsored

bajakiter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium Race Red
I wonder if you had an aftermarket tune then flashed to the FP tune would your warranty still be valid?

lizardrko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB Auto PP
I wonder if you had an aftermarket tune then flashed to the FP tune would your warranty still be valid?
So u wanna spend 500 + installation for the FP tune then another 700 for another Tune? Lol just get 1 and leave well enough alone.
But to ur original question, when u register for ur warranty for FP, they want your mileage right before installation. Most likely, they will check the ignition count for any suspicious activity if something goes wrong. Thats the most well known way to check for a tune. Even if u were to keep turning the ignition to make it seem like a believable number, Im sure Ford/FP has another low level way of looking at how many times it has been flashed. Computers and manufactures are not dumb lol they put fail safe checks in place to tell if someone is trying to pull a fast one. Whether they go and check this deep depends on the dealer if they want to fight Ford/FP. Too risky in my opinion. Most of these aftermarket tunes are generally safe, but if something happens to go wrong not related to the tune and they catch ur not on the FP tune/tried to fool them, they can just blame that and ur screwed.

jtmat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vert turbo!!!!
So u wanna spend 500 + installation for the FP tune then another 700 for another Tune? Lol just get 1 and leave well enough alone.
But to ur original question, when u register for ur warranty for FP, they want your mileage right before installation. Most likely, they will check the ignition count for any suspicious activity if something goes wrong. Thats the most well known way to check for a tune. Even if u were to keep turning the ignition to make it seem like a believable number, Im sure Ford/FP has another low level way of looking at how many times it has been flashed. Computers and manufactures are not dumb lol they put fail safe checks in place to tell if someone is trying to pull a fast one. Whether they go and check this deep depends on the dealer if they want to fight Ford/FP. Too risky in my opinion. Most of these aftermarket tunes are generally safe, but if something happens to go wrong not related to the tune and they catch ur not on the FP tune/tried to fool them, they can just blame that and ur screwed.
In other words, you don't know.

lizardrko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB Auto PP
In other words, only ford Engineers know and obviously they're not gonna tell you, so no one on this forum can give a concrete answer. As a software engineer I can all but guarentee if they tried hard enough, they would be able to tell

Turbong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RR EB 6MT PP Recaros
CPU and memory have never been cheaper, it does not take any effort or a leap of faith to believe they have a simple flash counter code with a date on it to say the least, I mean they have computers for your wrists that can monitor your heart beat, you think they don't have a simple way to see if you didn't reprogram a 30k+ car? lol. If you can't afford a new engine don't tune its really that simple.
Sponsored