Not open for further replies.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
But, according to the site, the Fiesta and
Focus is. :confused::confused:
Have a look yourself at Ford.Racing.com. Under performance vehicles.
They list in descending order the Ford GT, the GT 350, GT 350R, F150 Raptor, Focus RS, Focus ST and.....Fiesta ST.

No Mustang. Really? :gossip: Should we tell them? :thumbsup:
Sponsored

jhols

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
The website only pulled the svt vehicles. Ford technically considers the focus st, fiesta st, and the raptor all as SVT vehicles. The regular mustang is not a SVT but the shelby's are.

1320'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Avenger...sadly
What do you think the GT350 and GT350R are?

They're Mustangs.

Ford Performance is the new name for SVT/Ford Racing. Anything with "ST" or "RS" is a Ford Performance car.

BluByeU

M6G SoCal Cruisers
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob HT
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium GTPP Recaros & Shaker 401a
JeSUS man and all this time I thought I had me a hi-po Muscle V-8 kaar, now I gotta trade it in fer one of those feisty Fiesta STeeees!

Sponsored

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
:shrug::shrug::shrug:And life goes on.

TheDivaDanielle

Living the Dream
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danielle
Vehicle(s)
2016 GTPP Vert / 2016 Focus RS
JeSUS man and all this time I thought I had me a hi-po Muscle V-8 kaar, now I gotta trade it in fer one of those feisty Fiesta STeeees!
you should consider it, it's the current king of the small hot hatches. best performance car you can buy under 25k.

Get over yourself. You don't have a hi-po muscle car. You have a middle of the road v8 tourer. Not even the fastest or best performing in it's class.

TheDivaDanielle

Living the Dream
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danielle
Vehicle(s)
The website only pulled the svt vehicles. Ford technically considers the focus st, fiesta st, and the raptor all as SVT vehicles. The regular mustang is not a SVT but the shelby's are.
SVT is dead, and none of these cars except the Raptor were SVT cars. The FoST and FiST were Team RS until they all were put under the new unifying Ford Performance banner.

BluByeU

M6G SoCal Cruisers
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob HT
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium GTPP Recaros & Shaker 401a
you should consider it, it's the current king of the small hot hatches. best performance car you can buy under 25k.

Get over yourself. You don't have a hi-po muscle car. You have a middle of the road v8 tourer. Not even the fastest or best performing in it's class.
Nope I'm good, will stay right where I'm at with my sloooow Grand Touring pig...no Fiestas and no other hi-po 4 bangers for this kid. I'm good and no need to get over myself just having fun with the post :cheers:

Sponsored

TheDivaDanielle

Living the Dream
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danielle
Vehicle(s)
Sorry, I just hate the typical american car guy/girl sentiment that if it's not a big heavy v8 that it's garbage.

People in other markets like the UK understand that there is more to a car than brutal straight line acceleration, and frankly that's why cars like the FoST, FoRS, FiST, and other legendary Team RS cars are legendary everywhere else in the world.

The basic appeal of the Mustang GT is why it's a "regular" mundane car here, and not really a Ford Performance halo car. If the GTPP were a bit more elevated like a 1LE, it would totally belong under the Ford Performance banner. We can only hope Ford gets keen to that idea and gives us that in the future.

Honestly if they just gave it Mag-Ride, Dual mode exhaust, and some Pilot Super Sports to what it already has, along with some outside differentiation on the body, it would be perfect.

OP
OP
IPOGT

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm not going to belabor the point, but the category says "Performance Vehicles" not SVT, limited production or anything else. Since almost all mustang versions clearly have more performance than any Focus or Fiesta, the Mustang belongs there along with both GT-350 variants as well as the performance versions of the Fiesta and Focus. They should consider changing the name of the header.
In reality, it's all not important, I just noticed it and thought it would be an interesting subject to open for comment.

paul123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GT
... People in other markets like the UK understand that there is more to a car than brutal straight line acceleration, and frankly that's why cars like the FoST, FoRS, FiST, and other legendary Team RS cars are legendary everywhere else in the world.
Any cars out there > 0.9 skidpad on stock suspension and A/S tires ?

OP
OP
IPOGT

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I get it. Throw some shocks, stripes change the tires on it and call it special and it's suddenly worthy?

Sorry, that's not Performance. That's Marketing. The car is the same.
The true value of the vehicle is its core. Not all the crap that anyone can put on it.
The GT-350 is special because of its core. The Eco boost is special in its own right because of its core as is the GT. No stripes are gonna make a GT or an Ecoboost or a GT-350.

Status
Not open for further replies.