Sponsored

Ford Inspector for Warranty Repair-Update:Warranty Denied Claim Due to Off Road Racing

v guy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
RP
Vehicle(s)
99 SVT
Ford built us racing cars.......... but do not cover racing.

All older Coyote Mustangs are now raced at owners expense. It is a good platform...... T-1, T-2, T-3, A/S, time Trials, NASA, SCCA.......drag racing.....

It is the American way.

Dallara, Porche, BMW, Mercedes, to name a few, also build street racing cars for the public...............

I am sure misunderstandings have now been cleared up, regarding this issue. It is a no mans land. things break.

Financial Risk is inherent...................but there is nothing like driving onto the track..........and the red mist comes down.
Sponsored

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
I wonder how the GT500, Mach1 and now Dark Horse are standing to their "abuse" at the track attacks.
As far as I know all the GT500's and Mach 1's survived with the original engines.

svttim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Ford built us racing cars.......... but do not cover racing.

All older Coyote Mustangs are now raced at owners expense. It is a good platform...... T-1, T-2, T-3, A/S, time Trials, NASA, SCCA.......drag racing.....

It is the American way.

Dallara, Porche, BMW, Mercedes, to name a few, also build street racing cars for the public...............

I am sure misunderstandings have now been cleared up, regarding this issue. It is a no mans land. things break.

Financial Risk is inherent...................but there is nothing like driving onto the track..........and the red mist comes down.
Ford built us track capable cars. I wouldnt call them race cars.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Ford built us track capable cars. I wouldnt call them race cars.
But if it's taken to the track, it should be covered.

The way ford played the racing card is crap.

NPTR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350R HEP
Got my 350 a week ago after being in storage for a while, but have been following this thread for weeks. Read through the 350 owners supplement and couldnā€™t help but think of this thread when reading all the info / advice in there directly from Ford on tracking the carā€¦

Sponsored

rocsteady

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
This is easy.

Every GT350 used in track attack had at least one engine replaced. Most had transmissions replaced also.
Do we know if the track attack GT350s had any of the stuff we've seen since like the oil balancing lines on the back of the cylinder heads, or any of the "block bracing" attempts like the MMR version? Or were these things only when teams like Multimatic started running them in actual racing events?

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
The track attack cars were stock with the exception of the added safety equipment. And ironically enough had no issieā€™s with warranty service.

Do we know if the track attack GT350s had any of the stuff we've seen since like the oil balancing lines on the back of the cylinder heads, or any of the "block bracing" attempts like the MMR version? Or were these things only when teams like Multimatic started running them in actual racing events?

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Great question, I suspect the language for ESPā€™s from other manufacturers is probably very similar but I have not seen the language to confirm. Under the new car warranties, including Ford, track use has been covered as stated by several here. Toyota got a ton of flak for not covering GR86ā€™s grenading on track and eventually changed their tune (under the new car powertrain warranty). I would think youā€™d have to venture over to Camaro, Corvette, BMW etc forums/sites to see what those owners are saying, or least to get a better sampling. I can ask my brother in law if he bought one for his C8. My other brother in law has a GR86, Iā€™ll ask him as well. Both HPDE their cars on occasion.
Owning a Toyota for a year really changed my mind about that company. I do not plan to ever own another Toyota, no matter which company actually designed and built it.

This thread is a reality check...............the Warranty will not cover HPDE as it IS racing, no trophies but it is racing.

Everybody knows that, even non English speaking peoples, and plenty of Hot Rodders who do time trials.

This is not welfare racing land.
Only by the absolute loosest definition would HPDE be racing. If a person tries to race during an HPDE, they will be kicked out within a couple laps.

James Hackett started running Ford mid-2017, and I think his thoughts are similar to @v guy .

I understand that Ford is running a business and they have to decide what actions make them money. Selling Ford GTs and Mustang GTDs (very limited, hand-built models) is probably more likely to make money, because it provides Ford with a positive reputation, but those cars sit in garages or drive gently to C&C, so they are unlikely to be driven really hard by their owners.

Ford's policy was very generous prior to Hackett, but they have changed. I would say they are much better than Toyota in at least honoring new car warranties in general, but beyond the new car warranty Ford is doing what they can to make people pay for their own repairs.

I never bought an extended warranty on my GT350, because I was always putting too many miles on it and I didn't see it being worth the cost.

I really hope people continue to use GT350s as they were intended, because they are really great on track.

OP
OP

mikedahammer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
James Hackett started running Ford mid-2017, and I think his thoughts are similar to @v guy .
Not to muck it up but:

Capture.PNG

He should thank his Dad (Big Tom) and brother (Tommy Callahan) for the opportunity.

Sponsored

Last edited: