Sponsored

Ford Inspector for Warranty Repair-Update:Warranty Denied Claim Due to Off Road Racing

svttim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
And now the Dark Horse as well. Same Track Attack as was offered for the Shelby’s and the Mach is being offered for the DH. Curious if the ESP language for those is any different? I would assume they’re all the same (or very similar) but I have not looked for the 2024 cars ESP language yet.
My understanding is the last car with the track time was the 350 in the original warranty. Not 100%, maybe someone can chime in
Sponsored

BlkMach10510

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1
I believe all the Ford Performance models get free track time: Shelby's, Mach 1, Raptor, ST, RS, etc.

Sponsored

BlkMach10510

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1
Also in the Mach 1 supplement - 7 pages describing how to use the Mach 1 on the track.

And 13 pages of Track Use in the Mustang Owners Manual.

IMG_4496.jpg

MikeR397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford GT350R & Raptor; Ferrari 360, Aston Martin Vantage, Porsche Cayenne GTS, Jaguar XFR
This is on page 66 of my 2022 Mach 1 supplement booklet:

IMG_2580.jpeg
Right, and legally that is fine since they excluded track use. This started in 2020 for GT350. It’s also a/the reason I won’t buy a newer R or GT500. I wish Ford got more bad press for this term.

But, my 2017R does NOT exclude track use, just “racing” and if track use was “racing” why would Ford add duplicate language later on?

eta: “other events is fun” lol. So a cars and coffee event now can void coverage? Shame on you Ford.

svttim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Right, and legally that is fine since they excluded track use. This started in 2020 for GT350. It’s also a/the reason I won’t buy a newer R or GT500. I wish Ford got more bad press for this term.

But, my 2017R does NOT exclude track use, just “racing” and if track use was “racing” why would Ford add duplicate language later on?

eta: “other events is fun” lol. So a cars and coffee event now can void coverage? Shame on you Ford.
My 19 does not exclude track either

Last edited:

matthewr87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
Looks like Ford clearly decided that the Gen2 Voodoo wasn't reliable enough to allow track use under warranty, unlike the Gen1 which was obviously superior (according to Ford). At least that is what I deduce from this change in warranty conditions :crackup: :giggle:

Sponsored

BlkMach10510

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1
Per email with Ford Performance:

"Please see the Ford Warranty Documentation below when it comes to racing your vehicle. The below has been confirmed and verified by Ford Warranty.

Ford’s documented stance on covering vehicles used for racing is that if the damage is a result of racing, it will not be covered. But (and this is not so descriptive in the manual) if the damage is something we see as a common failure on similar vehicles that were never raced, it would be covered.

Example: A track car that is brought in for a burned up clutch after 1,000 miles. Obviously the racing had an impact on the failure and we would not expect coverage.

Example: A track car that is brought in for a failed ignition coil, I would expect that to be covered because how would racing blow a coil…

Ultimately, it is up to the dealership to make this determination because they are speaking with the customer and looking at the vehicle. Our published warranty verbiage (above) gives them the power to make the call one way or another."

image002.png

OP
OP

mikedahammer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Per email with Ford Performance:

"Please see the Ford Warranty Documentation below when it comes to racing your vehicle. The below has been confirmed and verified by Ford Warranty.

Ford’s documented stance on covering vehicles used for racing is that if the damage is a result of racing, it will not be covered. But (and this is not so descriptive in the manual) if the damage is something we see as a common failure on similar vehicles that were never raced, it would be covered.

Example: A track car that is brought in for a burned up clutch after 1,000 miles. Obviously the racing had an impact on the failure and we would not expect coverage.

Example: A track car that is brought in for a failed ignition coil, I would expect that to be covered because how would racing blow a coil…

Ultimately, it is up to the dealership to make this determination because they are speaking with the customer and looking at the vehicle. Our published warranty verbiage (above) gives them the power to make the call one way or another."

image002.png
Don't bank on that. My dealership was 100% on board with the fact that the transmission should not have failed and that the failure was not because of track use. It was the ESP that determined it was "racing" and the dealership's hands are tied by what the warranty company says. It is not the dealership's decision to cover or not cover.

The dealership told me all they do is put the part numbers in the system to see if they are covered and the ESP tells them if the part is covered and the ESP decides whether or not to challenge the repair request and to further analysis.

Maybe someone on the inside as a service writer can confirm.

Last edited:

2fast2focus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andres
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang Mach 1
I wonder what ultimately led the 'Ford bean counters' to decide it wasn't worth warrantying engines that went to the track. They must have some data on track failure rates that we do not know about. The way I see it is that they're not standing behind the quality of their product. I understand there are additional stresses and wear added to the engines during track events, but if they're designed to be tracked, they should be designed to withstand those additional stresses.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
I wonder what ultimately led the 'Ford bean counters' to decide it wasn't worth warrantying engines that went to the track.
This is easy.

Every GT350 used in track attack had at least one engine replaced. Most had transmissions replaced also.

2fast2focus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andres
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang Mach 1
This is easy.

Every GT350 used in track attack had at least one engine replaced. Most had transmissions replaced also.
Good point - I forgot about the track attack.

I wonder how the GT500, Mach1 and now Dark Horse are standing to their "abuse" at the track attacks.
Sponsored