Sponsored

Ford Inspector for Warranty Repair-Update:Warranty Denied Claim Due to Off Road Racing

rocsteady

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
let me know if you want to sell those seats.
Like vultures circling, while the poor bastard is still walking šŸ˜…. Kidding, kidding... but I did laugh out loud when this posted.
I just feel bad the OP is going through this mess. Just seems like Ford could be so much better about it
Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Like vultures circling, while the poor bastard is still walking šŸ˜…. Kidding, kidding... but I did laugh out loud when this posted.
I just feel bad the OP is going through this mess. Just seems like Ford could be so much better about it
Ah, he's not selling. He's resolute. I wouldn't want that SOB after me. He's gonna win.

Mark my words.

Here's the problem. They will throw a last minute settlement at him with an NDA so he can't talk about this again.

OP, dont give in. I'd contribute to a go fund me to get your problems sorted and make them responsible for this (for a lack of better words) crap.

rocsteady

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
Apologies if I missed it as I am not sure if Iā€™ve read all the way through this but werenā€™t the original owners of the GT350 all offered a chance to go to a track event, put on by Ford, where the Ford owners were showed by Ford instructors how to drive their Ford like Ford engineers/designers/manufacturers intended, on a track? I would think that would definitely have some place in the argument. And also, if not mistaken, there is proof that many, if not all of these track used vehicles had to have engines, transmissions, clutches, etc, replaced? Seems to me, although Iā€™m no law student, that this would be a tough fact for Ford or their extended warranty/service contract representative, to deny. Semantics, and main crux of the issue, of whether the contract actually is or represents Ford aside, of course.

luc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT with PP
Apologies if I missed it as I am not sure if Iā€™ve read all the way through this but werenā€™t the original owners of the GT350 all offered a chance to go to a track event, put on by Ford, where the Ford owners were showed by Ford instructors how to drive their Ford like Ford engineers/designers/manufacturers intended, on a track? I would think that would definitely have some place in the argument. And also, if not mistaken, there is proof that many, if not all of these track used vehicles had to have engines, transmissions, clutches, etc, replaced? Seems to me, although Iā€™m no law student, that this would be a tough fact for Ford or their extended warranty/service contract representative, to deny. Semantics, and main crux of the issue, of whether the contract actually is or represents Ford aside, of course.
Youā€™re missing the issue. Esp is not a Ford warranty but rather a third party warranty
Like Ford Performance parts.
it say ford but itā€™s a separate legal entity

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Yes, that point has been discussed. The manufacturers warranty is supposed to cover track use. When I blew my half shafts a while back, it was covered by Ford. However this being an ESP, the company (which is not technically Ford) says they don't cover "racing". Despite HPDE not being racing, the ESP arbitrarily denied the claim citing racing and abuse.

That's the short version

Last edited:

Sponsored

rocsteady

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
Got it. So with all Iā€™ve seen so far, seems entirely reasonable that the vehicle was well within its intended use. Iā€™d contribute to the ā€œgo fund meā€ as well.

jmn444

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
gt350
Youā€™re missing the issue. Esp is not a Ford warranty but rather a third party warranty
Like Ford Performance parts.
it say ford but itā€™s a separate legal entity
Marketed IMO as a ford product though. I 100% viewed it as extending the ford terms.

passwords

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Colin
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 GT350R & ā€˜19 ZL1 1LE
The ESP is written by Ford Motor Service Company, a wholly owned subsidiary of Ford Motor Company. It is folly to argue itā€™s not ā€œFord.ā€

luc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT with PP
The ESP is written by Ford Motor Service Company, a wholly owned subsidiary of Ford Motor Company. It is folly to argue itā€™s not ā€œFord.ā€
Itā€™s not an argument, itā€™s a fact. You can disagree with it but that do not change the fact
Legally, tax wise and liability wise it is a different entity

passwords

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Colin
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 GT350R & ā€˜19 ZL1 1LE
So when it wrote the ESP contract, Ford Motor Service Company, a wholly owned subsidiary of Ford Motor Company, was not in a position to understand how the GT350 was engineered, marketed, and sold? And it was not in a position to understand the difference that Ford itself considered between HPDE and ā€œracing?

Is it a separate legal entity? Of course. Is the relationship between the two entities relevant here. Absolutely, yes. Why? Because it gets to the question of what FMSC ā€œknew or should have known ā€œ when it wrote the ESP and offered it for sale to GT350 owners.

Sponsored

luc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT with PP
So when it wrote the ESP contract, Ford Motor Service Company, a wholly owned subsidiary of Ford Motor Company, was not in a position to understand how the GT350 was engineered, marketed, and sold? And it was not in a position to understand the difference that Ford itself considered between HPDE and ā€œracing?

Is it a separate legal entity? Of course. Is the relationship between the two entities relevant here. Absolutely, yes. Why? Because it gets to the question of what FMSC ā€œknew or should have known ā€œ when it wrote the ESP and offered it for sale to GT350 owners.
At the end of the day it will be neither Ford nor this forum that will decide if the esp was legally right or wrong in denying the claim but rather the arbitrator or the small claims judge
If that was my car, i would have fixed it long ago and enjoyed driving it. And maybe take ford to small claims court while enjoying my great car. Life is way too short to get all wrapped up in whoā€™s right or wrong
Good luck to the op

Last edited:

Blwnsmoke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
At the end of the day it will be neither Ford nor this forum that will decide if the esp was legally right or wrong in denying the claim but rather the arbitrator or the small claims judge
If that was my car, i would have fixed it long ago and enjoyed driving it. And maybe take ford to small claims court while enjoying my great car. Life is way too short to get all wrapped up in whoā€™s right or wrong
Good luck to the op
And this attitude is why these companies feel they can get away with it.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
And this attitude is why these companies feel they can get away with it.
And then along came mikedahammer. It would be nice to have all the facts and documentation ready for the next guy when Ford pulls this crap again.

Maybe like a checklist or a how to? Along with all the supporting documents acting as a precedent showing how ESP is acting in bad faith.

Last edited:

Blwnsmoke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
Fixing my car, so i can enjoy it and then suing Ford is not giving Ford a carte blanche
"And MAYBE take Ford to small claims".

It's not Ford, it's Ford Protect. And you without question battle them.

You dont let these corporations dictate what they cover based on how they feel that day. Without question you fight then on this.

It might not be what you meant to say but my response is based off your reply on what you said.
Sponsored