Sponsored

Ford got me twice , never again ..

Blk2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
I was real nice about the hole thing , even having to take it in twice for pictures for the problem .. I always say thank you and never raise my voice .. Why you ask ? because I worked for Ford and Chrysler as a Service Manger and Service Writer for many years .. I have had 1000s of people yell at me about their cars problems so I know what it's like being a service rep .. I will not act like that for that very reason ..
That's why I purposely conditioned the statement with "I was not there, but;" just a guess trying to analyze the situation.

Could just be a bad dealer, they exist. Try a different dealer before giving up on the whole car. Maybe you will find one that is very easy to work with; mine is despite the 3 other Ford dealerships in the area I always go back to the same one to buy and for service.
Sponsored

XDMan

El Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium With 50th Anniversary Pack
When I picked-up my car, I brought a professional "imperfection locator" with me...aka my wife. The dealer had the car waiting for me already detailed. My salesman told me to look it over and he would have their detailer take care of anything. I told him to just get the detailer, because my wife would find something. My wife spent 30 minutes with the poor guy pointing out swirl marks, dust, overspray from his products, etc. they had the best attitude about it and a sincere desire to please the customer. At the end of the day, she did find one tiny paint chip. The salesman brought the manager over to look at it. Unfortunately, I traveled 4.5 hours to get the car (on Saturday) and was leaving the next day back home. The manager told me they would resolve in any way I wanted. We agreed that I would take the car to a local dealer to me for the repairs and that they would work out the payment with the other dealer. He completed a form titled "Special Conditions of Sale" indicating there was paint chip, and they would pay for the repair. It was a great experience all around.

Blk2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
When I picked-up my car, I brought a professional "imperfection locator" with me...aka my wife. The dealer had the car waiting for me already detailed. My salesman told me to look it over and he would have their detailer take care of anything. I told him to just get the detailer, because my wife would find something. My wife spent 30 minutes with the poor guy pointing out swirl marks, dust, overspray from his products, etc. they had the best attitude about it and a sincere desire to please the customer. At the end of the day, she did find one tiny paint chip. The salesman brought the manager over to look at it. Unfortunately, I traveled 4.5 hours to get the car (on Saturday) and was leaving the next day back home. The manager told me they would resolve in any way I wanted. We agreed that I would take the car to a local dealer to me for the repairs and that they would work out the payment with the other dealer. He completed a form titled "Special Conditions of Sale" indicating there was paint chip, and they would pay for the repair. It was a great experience all around.
Well see that's why you do a close inspection at pickup instead of after. You have them by the balls since you haven't paid yet and they will bend over to fix anything to get the sale completed and on their books (and commissions paid out).

EcoSwag1990

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GT
Yea it's been summed up. If you don't fully inspect, you can't expect them to fix something that was potentially not there when you took delivery.

Better off fixing it and using that extra money saved from not trading in on more mods

Sponsored

OP
OP
smokinzx14r

smokinzx14r

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT A6 3.55 Gears ..
If anything this sounds like a bad dealer.
Well the Sales department was really nice .. The service writer was very nice ...The service writer told me to call Ford and ask them why it was turned down .. Ford told me that the dealer tuned it down so I called the dealer and they said Ford tuned it down .. Sounds to me like someone is passing the puck .. So I have hit a dead end just like I did with the Mustang I got in the 90s ..

I have read over and over on this forum of QC problems with Ford and the New 2015 Mustang... I only wish I had found and read this forum before buying my Mustang .. That is my mistake for not doing so ..

As to the rub mark on the inside of the door panel I did see it when I picked it up and so did the salesman , he said don't worry they will clean that up when I bring it back for the clean up .. Now I have told that to the dealership but the salesman doesn't recall saying that .. When I took the car home that night at their insistence the car still had the window sticker in place as well as the seat covers and plastic on the floor ..I left there with a dealer tag .. They got the car for me from a another dealer and it was real late at night .. In hindsight I should have waited and picked it up the next day but I was dropped off by someone and had no ride home ..

Again it's a small thing but being called a liar is not .. My reputation is very important to me and to my business ..

OP
OP
smokinzx14r

smokinzx14r

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT A6 3.55 Gears ..
If anything this sounds like a bad dealer. I see it didn't discourage you from modding and racing the car..
They do know me and they know I'm a drag racer .. They have seen my You Tube videos so they know what I was going to do with the car .. I would never ask them to fix the drive train if I blow it up .. I have no problem fixing what I tear up ... That is part of drag racing .. But a problem with QC and not related to my drag racing should be covered ..

OP
OP
smokinzx14r

smokinzx14r

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT A6 3.55 Gears ..
I have said what I have needed to say.. Ford is not going to fix it ..Yes it's a small thing in the big the picture ..I have spent the last year dealing with a heart attack and now Cardiac rehab .. So I'm going to move on and put this behind me ..

JeffreyDJ

Jedi
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT
I know you say you're done, but hunt down Ford Service on here and message them. They'll be able to tell you for sure who turned it down. My bet is on the dealer.

Chargedguard5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
What car are you going to buy from dodge to drag race in?

Sponsored

Stang4u2nv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 PP mustang EB
I think you should have inspected the vehicle as others have said. I inspected mine before taking it home and the day afyer i noticed it has
D a small scratch like on the rear bumper. Am i mad? No i was the idiot who picked it up and drove it home at 9pm on a black mustang. You cant see crap but hey i wanted it its mine. Already started modding it so i am happy.

OP
OP
smokinzx14r

smokinzx14r

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT A6 3.55 Gears ..
What car are you going to buy from dodge to drag race in?
Well it would be Daily driver and some drag strip duty .. R/T Scat Pack with the 8 speed auto if I do get rid of the Stang ..

OP
OP
smokinzx14r

smokinzx14r

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT A6 3.55 Gears ..
I think you should have inspected the vehicle as others have said. I inspected mine before taking it home and the day afyer i noticed it has
D a small scratch like on the rear bumper. Am i mad? No i was the idiot who picked it up and drove it home at 9pm on a black mustang. You cant see crap but hey i wanted it its mine. Already started modding it so i am happy.
You don't get it ... I'm not upset that much over the rub mark , I'm upset about being told I'm lying about it ..

Chargedguard5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Well it would be Daily driver and some drag strip duty .. R/T Scat Pack with the 8 speed auto if I do get rid of the Stang ..
Although the scat pack is faster stock vs stock I wouldn't buy one if you want to eventually have a boosted car like u were talking about with the mustang. I have a 6.4 in my jeep and those motors can't handle much boost 5-6lbs. I've even heard of one blowing with 5lbs. I think one jeep is running 8lbs but it has to run race gas. they are great cars but I would stay away from that motor if you want to heavily mod. That's the reason they put the 6.2 in the hellcat.

Brent302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
Lol.. Okay fan boy!!!
I owned a 2010 R/T same body panels, same paint, same frame, same crap quality and service etc.

Calm down pal we all know you have a challenger. Maybe you should head over to challenger talk forums and join the ego fest.

I guess owning cars from mustangs, a challenger to a corvette makes me a Fanboy....how original.
Sponsored