Ford got me twice , never again ..

smokinzx14r

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT A6 3.55 Gears ..
Back in the 90s I got a new Mustang , after washing it for the first time I found bad paint damage so I took it back to the dealer .. The dealer told me I wrecked the car and fixed it and now you want us ( ford ) to fix your screw up .. I got the ford Zone rep involved as well as ford corp ... They told me too bad and hung up on me and would not talk to me again ..

At that time I swore I would never buy another ford ever !!! And I didn't until I saw the New 2015 mustang .. I traded that car in ( lemon ) and got another brand..

I have had my new GT for 4 weeks or so .. When I picked it up they didn't clean the car , they let me take it home and said to bring it back and they would detail the car .. I noticed that there was a rub mark on the drivers side inside plastic door panel but I was thinking it would just clean off ..It didn't .. I took it back twice for them to take pictures to send to ford ..Ford told me they would not fix it , that I was the cause of the damage ..Starting to sound like the last time I dealt with ford motor company ..

I know it may sound like a pretty minor problem and it is , I can live with the rub mark BUT I CAN NOT live with being called a liar...

End of story is I will be trading the car in and get a new Dodge , I will take the hit on the trade and never buy a Ford ever again .. Even if they gave me a Ford I would sell it and get a different brand ..:rant:
Sponsored

Last edited:

Spartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport
So you are blaming Ford for you not inspecting the car at the dealer before accepting it?

Once it leaves the lot, at that point, Ford is not going to believe you. As far as we all know you are the cause of the mark on the car.

Not trying to be the bad guy, but this is why you have to go over the car before accepting it. Once you drive it off the lot, the proof is on you to prove you didn't do it and for things like cosmetic damage, they just aren't going to believe you once you take possession.

TxBornSooner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang comes when the Wife gets out of NP school
Sorry to hear. Honestly one of the first things I learned in car buying is not to leave the lot until it is like you want it. Even if it means waiting a day or two for them to get stuff in.
Enjoy your new Dodge. But I might wait on the camaro

oilfieldtrash

likes mustangs
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Civic (still love mustangs though)
It's chicken spit on Ford's part imo. Grown men buying 40k cars aren't running back to the dealer to lie so ford can fix rub marks on a week old car.

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
So you are blaming Ford for you not inspecting the car at the dealer before accepting it?

Once it leaves the lot, at that point, Ford is not going to believe you. As far as we all know you are the cause of the mark on the car.

Not trying to be the bad guy, but this is why you have to go over the car before accepting it. Once you drive it off the lot, the proof is on you to prove you didn't do it and for things like cosmetic damage, they just aren't going to believe you once you take possession.
We have a winner! I have bought new Ford's in many different states on the east coast over the last 24 years and have not one time had any issues like this.

This includes buying them new when I was in my early 20's thru now, I am 44.

Just seems odd, this same story more or less repeats itself with the same individual some years later.

Best of luck with your Dodge.

Sponsored

Blk2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT

I agree, I mean once it's off the lot who is to say a person didnt get it scuffed in a parking lot and then trying to fix it on Ford's dime. If you don't let them do PDI on the car, they cannot easily see paint imperfections, especially if the car sat outside and/or is dirty. It is your duty to inspect the car before you take it off the lot, even more so if they did not clean it up.

Taking the huge hit on selling for another car makes no sense when a DA and some polish will probably take it right out.

It's chicken spit on Ford's part imo. Grown men buying 40k cars aren't running back to the dealer to lie so ford can fix rub marks on a week old car.
Believe me I'm a lawyer and grown men lie to me DAILY about stupid crap that makes no difference in the scheme of life; especially dealing with foreclosure and landlord/tenant matters. There are more dishonest people out there than honest to be frank. Not saying OP is lying, no idea who he is honestly, but people grown men lie all the time and about bigger as well as smaller things.

Personally, a grown man also wouldn't get huffy and trade in a brand new car and lose thousands of dollars (or more) over one spot, not a paint defect but an insignificant rub mark, that admittedly he allegedly could live with (or have taken out easily). More to the story than is being told.

DR_

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
like a complete jerk
Have fun with that Fiat :) Seriously though has a body shop taken a look at it? Mine had a rub on the rear bumper and the dealers body shop buffed it out and I can't even tell it was there. Oh and I didn't find the rub until 3 days after I brought it home and the dealer never balked at taking care of it.

TheZman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 392 Challenger Scat Pack
Sounds like its more of an issue with your dealer then with FORD.. Also You should never accept a dirty car on delivery.. Thats an old tactic to cover scuff marks and scratches.. I would have made them clean the car before i left and if they didnt have time i would have waited till they did or get the car a different day.. With that being said enjoy your new SCAT PACK!!! You know you want one!!!!

Blk2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Have fun with that Fiat :) Seriously though has a body shop taken a look at it? Mine had a rub on the rear bumper and the dealers body shop buffed it out and I can't even tell it was there. Oh and I didn't find the rub until 3 days after I brought it home and the dealer never balked at taking care of it.
It's 99% how you approach the people and 1% or less the actual problem for something like this (non-mechanical). If you come at them like it's all their fault fix it or else, then obviously you get the cold shoulder quickly. Again, I wasn't there but based on the wording on the original post, and the past experience, I can only assume OP was pissy with the people and they said buzz off we're not going to help you.

You could take it anywhere and have it buffed out, not only the dealership but any local detailer for really cheap if its one small spot. Exactly what I posted before you did though, it'll buff out likely if its just a surface rub mark.

Brent302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
Sounds like its more of an issue with your dealer then with FORD.. Also You should never accept a dirty car on delivery.. Thats an old tactic to cover scuff marks and scratches.. I would have made them clean the car before i left and if they didnt have time i would have waited till they did or get the car a different day.. With that being said enjoy your new SCAT PACK!!! You know you want one!!!!
Then he will have to deal with even worse customer service and paper thin sheet metal

Sponsored
OP
OP
smokinzx14r

smokinzx14r

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT A6 3.55 Gears ..
I should have been more clear on the rub mark , it on the INSIDE door panel ..It's not the paint ... The plastic has a rub mark just below the glass and just above the arm rest ..The car has no paint damage ..

blitzburgh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BMW M2C

Are you serious? 99% of the people on this and any other mustang board INSIST the dealer doesn't wash the car. I always thought that was overkill but I read it all the time. "Don't let them wash it, :eyebulge:eek:r take the plastic off the seats" :eyebulge:

Ron@cp-e

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
whoosh
Vehicle(s)
2015 EBM
find a good dealer, they will take care of you
My dealer A++++
Sands Ford of Red Hill, PA
woot woot

OP
OP
smokinzx14r

smokinzx14r

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT A6 3.55 Gears ..
It's 99% how you approach the people and 1% or less the actual problem for something like this (non-mechanical). If you come at them like it's all their fault fix it or else, then obviously you get the cold shoulder quickly. Again, I wasn't there but based on the wording on the original post, and the past experience, I can only assume OP was pissy with the people and they said buzz off we're not going to help you.

You could take it anywhere and have it buffed out, not only the dealership but any local detailer for really cheap if its one small spot. Exactly what I posted before you did though, it'll buff out likely if its just a surface rub mark.
I was real nice about the hole thing , even having to take it in twice for pictures for the problem .. I always say thank you and never raise my voice .. Why you ask ? because I worked for Ford and Chrysler as a Service Manger and Service Writer for many years .. I have had 1000s of people yell at me about their cars problems so I know what it's like being a service rep .. I will not act like that for that very reason ..

grantourer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
If anything this sounds like a bad dealer. I see it didn't discourage you from modding and racing the car..
Sponsored