Sponsored

Ford Customer Service Help/Escalation Needed

Louieg58

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt performance package black
I could really use some help on my 16' mustang gt that has been sitting at the dealer for nearly 2 weeks. I took my car in due to the air conditioning not working for the 3rd time (blowing hot air only). My car is technically out of 3/36 warranty, but I did have the low pressure line replaced 8 months ago and the condenser, compressor and evaporator expansion valve replaced less than 2 years ago. The first repair was covered under warranty and the second repair was covered by Ford due to the short time frame from the first repair. This time, the low pressure line is leaking and the compressor needs to be replaced once again. Ford only agreed to cover about half of the $1,300 repair costs which I disagreed with and escalated as this is a reoccurring problem with the car that has never been fixed properly and I believe ford parts should have a 2 year warranty on them in the first place. The car has now been sitting at the dealer for a week since I escalated the issue and Ford has still not given either myself of my dealer any updates other than a Ford Rep should be contacting my service manager (which they still haven't a week later). My car is basically stuck in limbo and not sure what to do at this point.
Sponsored

Deleted member 35786

Speak with the dealership manager/owner and get it resolved. Maybe start with the service manager then work your way up. Be professional and direct on what you expect as a resolution. Do not get into a pissing contest for there are no winners.
Once the car is repaired do not go back, find another dealership.

OP
OP
Louieg58

Louieg58

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Speak with the dealership manager/owner and get it resolved. Maybe start with the service manager then work your way up. Be professional and direct on what you expect as a resolution. Do not get into a pissing contest for there are no winners.
Once the car is repaired do not go back, find another dealership.
The dealership isn't the problem and my service adviser has actually been very helpful in escalating my issue to get Ford to cover considering the status of my 3yr/36 mile warranty and the nature of the reoccurring issues. But now that its been escalated, Ford has just been sitting on it for over a week while we wait for them to make a decision. Every time I call the 800# and talk to some outsourced person in India, all they tell me is a Ford rep will contact the dealer to get information and then make the determination. I have tried asking to talk to a different department or supervisor but I just get the same answer or that this is the only department I can talk to. The dealer says they have still not heard from anyone and I am stuck in the meantime paying for a rental car until Ford determines if they will cover. I would think considering Fords 2 year unlimited mile parts warranty it should be a straight forward decision to cover the repairs.

Deleted member 35786

The dealership isn't the problem and my service adviser has actually been very helpful in escalating my issue to get Ford to cover considering the status of my 3yr/36 mile warranty and the nature of the reoccurring issues. But now that its been escalated, Ford has just been sitting on it for over a week while we wait for them to make a decision. Every time I call the 800# and talk to some outsourced person in India, all they tell me is a Ford rep will contact the dealer to get information and then make the determination. I have tried asking to talk to a different department or supervisor but I just get the same answer or that this is the only department I can talk to. The dealer says they have still not heard from anyone and I am stuck in the meantime paying for a rental car until Ford determines if they will cover. I would think considering Fords 2 year unlimited mile parts warranty it should be a straight forward decision to cover the repairs.
Get your car back and drive it until they resolve the dispute instead of paying for a rental. Check the CA lemon laws too, in most states after 30days of consecutive repair at a dealership you can file for lemon law.

Sponsored

302@12psi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Kona PP2 Recaros
Not to rub salt but another reason to buy the extended warranty. For the replacement of one A/C system it pays for itself. A known issue in these cars.

It shouldn't have to be that way but apparently it is.

OP
OP
Louieg58

Louieg58

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well after all that time, Ford stayed with their decision that I'm suck with half the repair cost. Took them well over a week to tell me that while I am stuck paying for a rental car waiting. Apparently they say since the 1st repair was covered under the limited 3/36 warranty it was only good for a year, not 2 years like the parts warranty. The quality of customer service from Ford is extremely disappointing-no sense of customer satisfaction. Their 800# is useless This is just one of many issues I've had with the car and every time I take the car to get fixed it is an uphill battle with Ford. It is a fun car to drive when it works, but frankly Ford has lost a customer and this is probably the last Ford I will buy. Sorry for the rant, just really disappointed and frustrated with all the issues I've had on this car!

Lo Pony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Take me home
Vehicle(s)
86 GT, red; 88 LX 5.0, black; 95 GT black; 99 Cobra with mods (still own); ‘16 GT, PP, manual, Ruby, drivetrain vibration!; Traded for ‘19 GT, A10, velocity blue, love it.
I guess the Ford Service people have been instructed to not monitor the forums anymore?