Sponsored

Focus RS exhaust

nancy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang Ecoboost
I got a ride in the a focus rs the other day and it sounds soooooo good :hail:

obviously, our engine sound like hot garbage but why? I want to know the technical reason, not the marketing reason.

Because even our EB mustangs with catback exhaust systems and downpipes dont sound as good as a stock focus rs. :shrug:
Sponsored

Glenn G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
15 DIB 6MT base Ecoboost
I got a ride in the a focus rs the other day and it sounds soooooo good :hail:

obviously, our engine sound like hot garbage but why? I want to know the technical reason, not the marketing reason.

Because even our EB mustangs with catback exhaust systems and downpipes dont sound as good as a stock focus rs. :shrug:
Stock I agree, but with a catback it's a different story, I know one FoRS owner personally and we both agree my EBM sounds better, He's only had his a month or so and plans to leave it stock for a year, but we will compare again once he does a catback.

OP
OP

nancy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang Ecoboost
Stock I agree, but with a catback it's a different story, I know one FoRS owner personally and we both agree my EBM sounds better, He's only had his a month or so and plans to leave it stock for a year, but we will compare again once he does a catback.
But the pop and bangs on the RS, so good

metalhead79

That thang got a Hemi?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
I haven't heard an RS yet, but I think my catback sounds pretty good. There's no raspiness under load at high RPM. At idle it's deep and burbly with some popping when revving. I'm still on the stock downpipe so it's a bit quieter than I would like, but I'll fix that with an aftermarket downpipe (catted since I don't want extreme volume).

I honestly don't get the complaints about the EB's exhaust note. Stock, yeah, it's like revving a Camry, but with aftermarket exhaust I think it sounds good.

Glenn G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
15 DIB 6MT base Ecoboost
But the pop and bangs on the RS, so good
That's the tune, it does that on every decel like clockwork, Sounds cool but it was getting old even on the 30 minute ride I had (I haven't driven it yet but would if he offers) Adam [MENTION=19118]Tune+[/MENTION] can make you a tune that does it as well if you'd like.

Sponsored

sauerkraut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
S550 EcoBeast
I honestly don't get the complaints about the EB's exhaust note. Stock, yeah, it's like revving a Camry, but with aftermarket exhaust I think it sounds good.
I agree, I even think it sounds good with just a muffler delete.

OP
OP

nancy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang Ecoboost
That's the tune, it does that on every decel like clockwork, Sounds cool but it was getting old even on the 30 minute ride I had (I haven't driven it yet but would if he offers) Adam [MENTION=19118]Tune+[/MENTION] can make you a tune that does it as well if you'd like.
man, didnt know that adam could tune that into the exhaust.

thats tempting, but i got the ford performance tune cause of warranty

mtoo22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Whipple GT
Love my muffler delete. I think it sounds muted enough but with a low rumble and really opens up at full throttle.

OP
OP

nancy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang Ecoboost
Love my muffler delete. I think it sounds muted enough but with a low rumble and really opens up at full throttle.
if you dont mind me asking, how much did you pay for it to get done?

Sponsored

mtoo22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Whipple GT
Really rather not say....JK...I paid 250 for the delete and new tips. I paid extra just so they would get me in and out the same day without an appointment

Garf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang
If I could get my mustang to sound like a stock RS I'd prob not be tying to sell it right now haha

Blyman93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Mustang (Black)
I just think that of the EB somehow could get away from a smooth fart to something closer to an Evo or Subaru when pulling (not revving) then we would be good. The tone is good when you have a low note, just dying for some more pulse, closer to a V6 sound in terms of pulse (obviously still a 4cyl though) dang IEM, ruining sound

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT

I just think that of the EB somehow could get away from a smooth fart to something closer to an Evo or Subaru when pulling (not revving) then we would be good. The tone is good when you have a low note, just dying for some more pulse, closer to a V6 sound in terms of pulse (obviously still a 4cyl though) dang IEM, ruining sound
Put an aggressive cam in your banger. There ya go.

Marvinmadman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 EBM
I love the way my old Evo 0 sounds at idle and at 30ish psi 8k with bigish cams. Mustang will never sound the same. I like both exhaust notes though :thumbsup:
Sponsored