Sponsored

First service

martin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost; coupe; guard; dark-saddle; MT; PP; Nav;
Took my car for its first service. The milage was very low, under 2000 but I have had the car for 10 months.
I decided to skip the ecoboost recall fix
The first thing I was asked is which oil I wanted. I said the same oil the car came with. I was told "semi-synthetic". Is that correct?
I was told there is nothing special about the first service
What annoyed me most is where they parked the car after the service. (They don't like cutomers driving cars into the service bays. I think I understand that). The car was parked within 6 inches on either side from other cars. You could not get in or out without touching the other cars, or those cars touching mine
Sponsored

z6cyl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Base, MT-82, Ruby Red
Semi-synthetic is correct. You drive even less than I do! I've got about 1800 on the odometer after 6 months and I thought that was low.

bvdawg13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Black Mustang GT
This is why I just changed my own oil even though the first one is free. Chips and door dent repair isn't free or when they forget to put the oil cap back on

OP
OP

martin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Semi-synthetic is correct. You drive even less than I do! I've got about 1800 on the odometer after 6 months and I thought that was low.
I go to work by bike and if we go some place where the parking is what I consider a problem, or there is winter weather, we use my wife's SUV

Steeeliskt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Manual
Took my car for its first service. The milage was very low, under 2000 but I have had the car for 10 months.
I decided to skip the ecoboost recall fix
The first thing I was asked is which oil I wanted. I said the same oil the car came with. I was told "semi-synthetic". Is that correct?
I was told there is nothing special about the first service
What annoyed me most is where they parked the car after the service. (They don't like cutomers driving cars into the service bays. I think I understand that). The car was parked within 6 inches on either side from other cars. You could not get in or out without touching the other cars, or those cars touching mine
I had a ton of issues with my dealer and after being extremely pissed off, they handed me my keys and pointed to where my vehicle was. It was parked between a ton of brand new trucks and was completely boxed in, had to find someone to move some vehicles, they only moved one and expected me to navigate my vehicle through a mine field of brand new vehicles and barely dodge a light pole with a huge concrete round base. Mind you, still getting used to this vehicle. I ended up handling it but I really should have made them move all the vehicles or have someone else move my vehicle so it would be their fault if anything was damaged to my, or their vehicles.

Sponsored

Rickycardo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT auto
Wow. I took mine in for its first service and had no issues at all. My dealer has an indoor drop off spot for cars. After the service the car was parked near the end of the indoor area and my keys were at the cashier's desk. I got the semi-synthetic as well. Only thing I passed on was the courtesy car wash. I'll do it myself, thanks.

TripleshotMcC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible, 50 Year Edition
My dealer was a much better experience as well Rickycardo!

There's a covered drop-off area, someone met me at the car immediately, walked me to his desk, got ppwk done, then took my key to the mechanic who took the car to his bay. I waited in a nice lounge, got a coffee and a great hot dog from the café there and watched the mechanic work on my car through the big windows. Done in about 25 min.s and brought back out to the same covered area, facing the driveway to the road. Glad I have my dealer so close and that it's NOT like the OP's.

OP
OP

martin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My oil change was not free

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
My dealer gives me a year free oil change. I wonder if I should have these people touch my car.

Sponsored

stang77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0
I get free oil changes for life at my dealer.

Infamous

President of Honda
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT w/ PP
My dealer specifically parked my car away from all the other cars. Not bad.

tsunami

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium EcoBoost Convertible
First oil change...

My first oil change was free (if I wanted synthethic-blend). The second thing the clerk asked was "we wash your car for free, but since our car wash is NOT touchless, you don't want us to wash it, right?" I smiled...he said every new Mustang owner growled at him when he asked if they wanted the free wash. LOL
Sponsored