Sponsored

First 2016 Shelby GT350 Owner.. Finally Got One!

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
^^ Looks OK there but it's hard to tell from that angle.
Sponsored

Myshelby3425

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
Im hopping that these cars are early production cars. MT have been teasing us for a while with this video. Lets go to our lucky members. Were these fitting issues adressed in their producton cars?

Production vehicles have already been found with paint drips. American quality standards have always been known to be shit though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

redline727

Thread Killer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rocky
Vehicle(s)
2021 Oxford White Mustang GT
Any body making the Tech Pack lip spoiler yet? I seen CD make the Track and R wing but not Tech

Glhshelby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Shelby GT350 Avalanche Gray w/Tech Package
Im hopping that these cars are early production cars. MT have been teasing us for a while with this video. Lets go to our lucky members. Were these fitting issues adressed in their producton cars?
So I guess the answer is no. I checked mine and the fitting looks identical to the videos.

However, I can honestly say it doesn't bother me in the slightest. You literally have to look from UNDER the line of the diffuser in order to see it. Unless you are basically on the ground looking up (and really damn close to it as well) it is completely unnoticeable.

IMG_1339 by GLHShelby, on Flickr

Sponsored

mattlqx

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mach 1, '16 F-150, '14 Fiesta ST, '14 Audi A7
I'm more thrown off about the aesthetics of the disconnected exhaust tips. :\

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
They act as heat shields more than actual tips, if you connect them they will heat up and melt the surrounding plastic bits

Jmk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Vehicle(s)
16 gt350
So I guess the answer is no. I checked mine and the fitting looks identical to the videos.

However, I can honestly say it doesn't bother me in the slightest. You literally have to look from UNDER the line of the diffuser in order to see it. Unless you are basically on the ground looking up (and really damn close to it as well) it is completely unnoticeable.

IMG_1339 by GLHShelby, on Flickr
Well i guess i was hopefull that it would have been fixed prior to production models

bone56

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Daaaaaammnnn

Sponsored

SidewaysMike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
I'm almost embarrassed to ask but I haven't seen this addressed directly...

Do the GT350s have line lock like the other models?

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Well i guess i was hopefull that it would have been fixed prior to production models
Me too but hopefully it isn't noticeable, as he says. I just don't want to feel like my car is snapped together like a Barbie fun-jeep. If Ford wants to lock in the euro sports car buyers - they should nail down that fit/finish, IMO.

Trackaholic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 350Z, 2016 GT350, 2018 Pacifica Hybrid
Me too but hopefully it isn't noticeable, as he says. I just don't want to feel like my car is snapped together like a Barbie fun-jeep. If Ford wants to lock in the euro sports car buyers - they should nail down that fit/finish, IMO.
Euro cars are also snap-tite. Just the way things are these days.

I'd gladly take a few exposed screw heads rather than hidden plastic snaps, but hard to find cars taking that approach anymore. Maybe an Elise...

-T

licktensteins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Four wheels and a stick
The two pieces don't even appear to have the same arc dimensions. The bumper is more open than the black plastic insert. Hard to know whether they designed it this way with the expectation that the pieces would "pull together" upon assembly, but wow. That's just really, really poorly done.
Sponsored