psshhh people thinking they can customize their Mustang lol:headbonk::lol:
:lol: or better yet, use the search function :paddle:
Sponsored

COBRA32

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 LE KONA BLUE
WHEEL HOP makes me want to forget about the 2015 I have on order. dealt with the wheel hop on the old s197 and finally they got it fixed by 2011 on my GT500's. I now have a 2014 GT500 and was planning on trading it in on the 50th anniversary in Kona blue since they offer it to me at sticker. This makes me mad, so how long will Ford take to fix the wheelhop issue again. It really ruins the fun factor when you get on it and backend starts jumping up and down like a pickup. Ford should have never released the car like that. I see you can get anti wheelhop axles from Ford performance. I guess Ford wanted to get more money by selling parts to fix the wheelhop that really blows.

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
I've got a Roush blower kit coming in two weeks. JDM is going to do the install. We will run a baseline before hand on their dyno so we will see how the numbers compare to what we got yesterday. Then we will know for sure.

I BLEED BLUE.
Make sure that baseline is done after you've run some 93 octane in it for a few miles.

cj428

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R TT
I believe run #1 was 4th gear but a little less rpm (had to brake to car in a little):headbonk: I've never been so mean to a new car before I think!

93 is the only fuel I run.

r-model

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 1987 GT, not stock :-) DD - 2001 F150
In the beginning of August, a Ford engineer showed up in a PP GT, this engineer was saying that the 435hp rating is the minimum that the engine will produce. The typical 5.0 will make more.

Sponsored

GTowner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT Prem
Finally some good news in my view. The 375 numbers from ModernRestoration's triple yellow did not impress me.
The S550 was supposed to be underrated from whatever they announced and these numbers indicate it was underrated.

• Run 1: 399RWHP / 354 FT-LBS
  • Run 2: 406RWHP / 370 FT-LBS
  • Run 3: 412RWHP / 378 FT-LBS

Tim Hilliard

Happy Owner
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Guard 300A PP Recaro
I'd love to have the performance package but don't want the wheels and spoiler delete.. Is that possible? I'd want the premium wheels and the rear spoiler.
How many times are you going to ask the same question to get the same answer?

LSC5ohh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90 Mark VII LSC Special Edition
For these numbers to be accurate, the car would have to be making about 460-470hp at the crank. Sorry, anyone who believes this is delusional.
Especially since the power numbers are SAE certified. Something isn't corrected or the dyno wasn't loaded or something. This result will not be typical without a CAI and tune.
For the record, for a 435hp crank engine, 365-375rwhp is well within the drivetrain loss range.

Tim Hilliard

Happy Owner
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Guard 300A PP Recaro
CJ thanks for some real numbers. The weights are very interesting. Seeing how most of the tuners that post on this forum are doing their base lines "with the gas that came from the factory" I'm not surprised by the results. What ever posses people to run crappy gasoline is a performance car is beyond me, but to dyno them with an unknown fuel makes me question everything they do or claim. Apparently no one in the business has ever seen a real facility. So far I've seen dynos in a corner with no air flow other than some fans, no control of air flow under or through the car, no positive ventilation. No consistency.

The fact that people are struggling with an 11:1 V8 in perfect air running fresh 93 octane making 400HP at the wheels explains why everyone has been tripping over themselves to kiss the asses of the vendors posting completely unscientific dyno videos and results. The one with the ECOBoost kills me, yes genius you need to flow hundreds of thousands of cubic air through and under a turbo car to remove heat to keep it from protecting itself. :rant:

Again CJ thanks for the post, sorry about inserting my rant in your thread.

Sponsored

Bucky69

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP RR
^
Tim, you've got a lot more patience than I do! :thumbsup:
It's all good.

Tim Hilliard

Happy Owner
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Guard 300A PP Recaro
Well looks like a thumbs down is coming your way Tim.
:thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown: :lol: He's just busy posting the same question in another thread, so I took it upon myself. Maybe his dealer is in the process of hanging up on him as we speak.

cj428

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R TT
I think it would be 450-455 @the crank at 14%. If the car is rated at 435 minimum it may not be that unrealistic. But every one has their opinion no mater how degrading it may be.

LSC5ohh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90 Mark VII LSC Special Edition
I'm not trying to be degrading, just saying that SAE certified numbers don't leave much room. Granted running in optimum conditions can produce exceptional numbers, it's just puzzling that this one car made very similar numbers as a car with a CAI and 93 octane tune from SCT.

cj428

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R TT
I'm not trying to be degrading, just saying that SAE certified numbers don't leave much room. Granted running in optimum conditions can produce exceptional numbers, it's just puzzling that this one car made very similar numbers as a car with a CAI and 93 octane tune from SCT.
Its all right man! I've been called mush worse than delusional.;)
Sponsored