Sponsored

First 2015 Ford Mustang (s550) Full Prototype on Video! [Updated with V8 Sounds]

K.Lysius

The 2015 GT will outperform the 2012/13 Boss 302 in every way.
Plus 6 more hp and 20 more lb·ft.
Hah love the guys who just do a fly-by number drop. State your sources ppl :)

The GT will have enough power (it always has), but what I want to know is how close it'll come to the Boss's handling. Great to see the prototype out there testing with the 302 it tells me handling might be close :fingers crossed:
Sponsored

MustangDizzle

Threads
Reaction score
I'm assuming that is based off a 450hp rumor. Again, just a rumor...

475hp was also rumored with "credibility".

shelby1k

If a stock 15 GT can outperform the Boss 302 AND give the interior a more premium makeover, the M3/M4 is in some serious shit. From what I can tell, that is one of the few things stopping a lot of people to go with the more affordable Mustang over the Bimmer.

That, and the image that goes along with the pony. But that is about to change with the 15.

dipgrizzly

Threads
Reaction score
One reason for the blue mustang following may have been a attempt to mask the sounds coming from the camo car. When I turned up the volume on my computer, the engine sound coming from the camo car sounds like a V-6 as it passes the camera, its immediately drowned by the sound of the V-8 Mustang behind it.

dipgrizzly

Threads
Reaction score
Its also rolling on some extremely narrow tires, especially compared to the blue GT behind it.

Sponsored

GTsquid

One reason for the blue mustang following may have been a attempt to mask the sounds coming from the camo car. When I turned up the volume on my computer, the engine sound coming from the camo car sounds like a V-6 as it passes the camera, its immediately drowned by the sound of the V-8 Mustang behind it.
I doubt that's why, they could've used any V8 to do that. Choosing a Boss 302 says something. I think the others are right and it is being used as a baseline comparison.

mrkrabz

Threads
Reaction score
I doubt that's why, they could've used any V8 to do that. Choosing a Boss 302 says something. I think the others are right and it is being used as a baseline comparison.
I doubt that it's a comparison. Why use an old camoed boss to do it? There is not point. It's something else that we haven't guessed yet.

MustangDizzle

Threads
Reaction score
It has nothing to do with benchmarking or (lol) masking the exhaust note, because we have no idea what the V6 and Coyote sound like (lol). It's simply a trailer car. What could they possibly be testing between the two on a city street that has anything to do with performance aside from daily driven type scenarios? They've been testing out at the track with mules for over a year now. As if they necessarily are even doing anything at all with the trailing vehicle.

One of the processes of engineering is to push a product's limits until it fails, then assess why it failed so you can improve it to prevent failure. Maybe they are maxing out different functions of the mechanicals to try and make it fail, thus having a trailing car in case it does.

Or they could be checking out which car is the better illegal street racing machine. That's my guess.

TrueyBandz15

Threads
Reaction score
I wonder if they'll have any special color for the 2015 since its the 50th anniversary

Sponsored
OP
OP
Jarstang

Jarstang

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford