Sponsored

First 2015 Ford Mustang (s550) Full Prototype on Video! [Updated with V8 Sounds]

Icy

^^:lol:

What is that one little clip at the end with rain? Looks totally out of place. Was this taken same day?

Weather showing it rained today in dearborn. Musta been following him around for a while then, in between rain storms lol.
Sponsored

TrueyBandz15

Threads
Reaction score
Why? Is it too difficult to put the key in the ignition? That's one amenity I can live without. All this tech just adds up to a more expensive car.
Yes it is! It takes to long. Jk idk I was just wondering idc about it, it's not a necessity

Prodigy

2015 mustang s550 - CO - side1.jpg

Definitely something going on in this area. All indications point to wide hips and a side scoop.
2015 mustang prototype video.jpg

Sponsored

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
2015 mustang s550 - CO - side1.jpg

Definitely something going on in this area. All indications point to wide hips and a side scoop.
Looks like there's a rear side scoop and a front scoop on the front fender. Huge fender flares... BIG TIME... Nothing says weight savings like a big old functional scoop where sheet metal used to be.

Also, notice how short the front overhang is now compared to earlier pics...

KingofQueens

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 GT
I noticed that this prototype doesnt have sequential taillights. You can see it @ around the 50 sec mark when its making a right turn. Dont know if this means that the 2015 wont have it as well..

KingofQueens

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 GT
and it certainly sounds like the current 5.0L but with some tweaking to the sound making it deeper.

NRMStand

Note, no trailing car in this one. Theories about them pushing these things to the max and needing a trailer just in case it breaks down, is BUNK. That kind of stuff happens in the proving grounds not on public roads.

And I'm hearing a deeper grumble here than a typical GT. Boss-like almost.. and we know the last video had the blue prototype trailing it... :confused:

8cyl

Definitely a deeper sounding engine. Somewhere between a FRPP/Boss 302 exhaust sound and the current 5.0.

Compare:

Boss 302:

Sponsored

stable68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Crown Victoria LX Sport
Damn guys listen to that turbo at the end!! Haha just kidding, sounds good

5.0GT

Threads
Reaction score
It's sounds like FRPP. Coyote's sound perfect imo, with GT 500 axlebacks.

K.Lysius

Thanks for posting guys, always great stuff here.

And man that sounds great! Even the guys on the Camaro forums admit that this sounds much better than their car. :thumbsup:

Oblivion/2

Looks like there's a rear side scoop and a front scoop on the front fender. Huge fender flares... BIG TIME... Nothing says weight savings like a big old functional scoop where sheet metal used to be.

Also, notice how short the front overhang is now compared to earlier pics...
Yea that's one way to do it as long as they keep those scoops functional.

I'm trying to compare the overhangs right now to see if theres a noticeable difference. Hard to get a clear shot of it in the videos.

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
Yea that's one way to do it as long as they keep those scoops functional.

I'm trying to compare the overhangs right now to see if theres a noticeable difference. Hard to get a clear shot of it in the videos.
This Nexstang has lost some major weight. The doors were made smaller and will likely be much sturdier than the S197. This also contributes to the chassis's rigidity, right behind the door where flex is most common. I'm not going to get a number on the weight loss but, I guesstimate between 200-300lbs...

My curb weight prediction is 3355lbs in GT form, 3310lbs for the GT350 and 3475 for the GT500...

Bam!!! and you can quote me. I am actually guessing here... I don't have somebody whispering in my ear like the ZL1. I did guesstimate pretty close until I was told. I had the 4152lbs figure out on Camaro5 in November 2010. About 16 months before is was made public.

The moderators over a C5 would squash that statement every time I posted it. I was called crazy and a liar.

I got close to the ZL1's curb weight by merely adding the weights of the equipment onto the SS's curb weight. This is much more difficult with an all new vehicle.
Sponsored