Sponsored

Finally in my hands!!! European owners list

Notes

Moustang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BLACK S550 EB/AT/PP/EU
Something caught my eye the past few days and while watching these pictures of the red and DIB I see it as well.

I would think our cars are two tone paint, the metal and the plastic looks like it has a different tone to it. Especially in the dark with a flashlight on it... see my pic below, sorry for the rain & dirty lens. Anyone else noticed this?
13-09-2015 (3).jpg
Sponsored

NewMustangDE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrik
Vehicle(s)
EU Mustang GT Fastback/Auto/Ruby Red/PP/Alarm
There is clearly a color difference imo, can't see it in daylight though.
This is normal. You can make it darker though by using some bumber care or similar. Its also water resistant then.

Notes

Moustang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BLACK S550 EB/AT/PP/EU
This is normal. You can make it darker though by using some bumber care or similar. Its also water resistant then.
Not sure if I want the plastics darker, It might be the reflection. On my picture you can see it in the right bottom corner compared with the paint on the metal, all parts had a flash light pointed at it.

Sponsored

Gryphon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
The kind of color difference you describe is something I see on all cars. It's bothersome when you see it the first time, but honestly, I don't know of a single car that doesn't have this problem. There's always a slight difference in tone between the plastic bumpers and the metal quarter panel.

friendgr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The kind of color difference you describe is something I see on all cars. It's bothersome when you see it the first time, but honestly, I don't know of a single car that doesn't have this problem. There's always a slight difference in tone between the plastic bumpers and the metal quarter panel.
That is true. :thumbsup:

Aky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT ordered
Here she is!! After a very long wait and some claims raised to Ford Customer Care Center (the car did not only arrived late, but they could not print the legal docs required for obtaining the license plate number due to IT matters related with Ford's EOC Codes. Ford needed 14 days to fix this problem, when usually in Spain you may get your plate number from the Authorities the same day you get the car or, to the latest, the day after. Of course, if the OEM/ dealer do their work).

Sorry I've got only three crappy pics quickly made at the dealership premises before I sat in for the very first time on Tuesday evening. I am pretty busy right now and have no time to give you some cues about my first impressions on the road (after all, I drove it only a few kms by the streets on Madrid, had no time yet to test it on open roads), but I must recognize I am pretty satisfied with how it feels and looks!

I am calling her "Inma", (name of an ex-fianceé) since I placed the order the same day of her birthday and we argued once again just the prior day to delivery...!).

Slight misalignment of the rear bumper, it will be fixed when the car goes to maintenance service for the first time. Slight tilting also on the left side of the upper rear windshield. Anyway, pretty happy with my Inma (I mean, the car...:D).

Congratulations on receiving your car !

I wanted to ask you: the blue car cover is great and I could not find it anywhere. I've seen that it's your dealer's property.
Do you know where he got it from, or may I have his contact details so I can ask him?

Many thanks ! :)

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EcoBoost MT Race Red EURO - NO MORE
Aky, that cover doesn't seem to be made specifically for Mustang; to me it's a generic car cover.

Jimtasteek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alfa Giulietta 2jdtm
Quick q - has anyone seen a photo of competition orange with the custom pack?

Sponsored

Lord Thunder

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Erwin
Vehicle(s)
2015 RR GT Mustang
The reason is physics. Paint dries at a different pace on a metal and plastic surfaces due to a difference in heat conductivity of both materials. This may cause a very slight difference in how the metal particles settle. Also plastic can be charged with static electricity, also influencing how the paint settles.

garbancillo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MUSTANG GT 10R80
Congratulations on receiving your car !

I wanted to ask you: the blue car cover is great and I could not find it anywhere. I've seen that it's your dealer's property.
Do you know where he got it from, or may I have his contact details so I can ask him?

Many thanks ! :)
Just let me call back to the dealer. I have to meet that people again in a few days, as I must collect the guarantee docs. I will say you anything by then (by Saturday).

RMS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ronny
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2015 EB, custom pack
OK Guys, the big day, my car is ready to be delivered today :
front parking sensors were installed, last Saturday and Protech applied the paint protector yesterday, the ordered parts from CJ Pony Parts has been delivered, Lloyds floor mats, cargo net and trunk mat.

No big deal for most of you guys, since delivering Mustangs is a common these days. Nevertheless I'm excited after 7 months of impatiently waiting.
Picture below taken yesterday, after washing the car prior to the Protech treatment.
Mustang Protech 15 09 2015 2.jpg

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EcoBoost MT Race Red EURO - NO MORE
Beautiful in black!
Ask them if they will give you the calendar too :D
Sponsored