Factory Safety Recall for '15 Door Latches

pctek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium DIB 401A
I just received the notification from Ford telling me that my VIN is is one of the many affected. What I couldn't belive is that at the top of the form it says "No Parts Available". As I read further, if the car doors were opening on their own now, they would fix it, BUT if it's not, parts will not be available until 2nd quarter 2017!!!!

So how am I supposed to know when the latch will break? I think Ford doesn't want to fall behind on the 2017 Mustangs, so they will wait to fix our cars. Gee, sounds like a lawsuit in the making !!!
Sponsored

jstump2490

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
A ton of Fords have this issue. At first it was only for extreme cold and hot weather states but it appears to have been expanded across to all states. I have this recall on my Focus ST and my Mustang. I have driven the ST for over 3 years now without any doors flying open so I am not worried. Just be bucked in :D

Clink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus
I never saw/heard of anyone, on this forum at least, with this issue until the recall was announced.

5-OH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
This has been primarily a Ford Fusion problem the door latch won't allow you to close the door it's not like the door falls off like people are assuming.

Sponsored

thumper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT PP
I never saw/heard of anyone, on this forum at least, with this issue until the recall was announced.
mine was fixed 2 months ago. i live in the rainy northwest. this was before the recall. door wouldn't stay latched. dealer took care of it when i brought it in for bodywork alignment issues, but now it takes more force than before to shut the door.

so far, no one has fallen out of the car... yet.

Warhead

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Hmm, haven't seen any letter yet on my 2015...never noticed any odd behavior either.

thumper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT PP
maybe my issue was not the same thing. i initially went in because my door to fender alignment was out by a lot. it was enough to make you think that the door was not fully closed despite the fact it was. but sometimes when i would shut the door, the sound the latch makes didn't sound right, and when someone would push on the door from the inside without using the release handle to see if it would catch on the secondary latch, the door would open completely. i can't find my service invoice at the moment so i'm not sure what was done but it works fine for now.

Last edited:

Kennocha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Grabber Blue GTPP
Wifes Fiesta had this recall and even after they serviced the repair, a few weeks later the door failed and refused to latch.

It's pretty scary when it happens, and a complete pain in the ass to get back home without the door swinging around.

Sponsored

Diego Narwhal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Howard
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red 2015 GT PP
I got the notice today on mine as well. It said if I was currently having problems with the latch to contact the dealer, but if not to wait until I'm notified that they have the replacements parts in stock. No problems so far, so I'm not going to sweat it.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
I just received the notification from Ford telling me that my VIN is is one of the many affected. What I couldn't belive is that at the top of the form it says "No Parts Available". As I read further, if the car doors were opening on their own now, they would fix it, BUT if it's not, parts will not be available until 2nd quarter 2017!!!!
How I read the letter is that if your door won't stay latched now they will repair it with the same old part. Will still have to wait for new parts to arrive for the actual recall with the updated parts.

86gt351

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1986 Mustang Gt
Parts for the recall are not available yet. If one breaks the dealer can emergency order one for you.

Warhead

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
I got the notice today on mine as well. It said if I was currently having problems with the latch to contact the dealer, but if not to wait until I'm notified that they have the replacements parts in stock. No problems so far, so I'm not going to sweat it.
Got my letter, and ditto.

Weather Man

Persistance is a Bitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 I4 T Prem Auto
My car had this issue. Door flew off when I was on the interstate, and I was sucked out and killed.
Damn buddy, I bet that stung!
Sponsored