F-150 Manifold Testing/Journey

dbranger94

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic 2015 GT
Would it help you if I sent you one of my most recent data-logs? My car runs great with the F-150 intake manifold installed, and my combo isn't radical by any means and maybe LUND could figure out your problem by looking at my data-logs compared to yours considering we have similar set-ups and LUND (Brandon) also did my tune?
They actually passed me on to Brandon this afternoon after I talked to them. He was helping me with a possible throttle issue I noticed. He seems like a friendly person. Maybe you could send me a PM with your info and I can ask him if there's any difference in the tune you have and mine? It's worth a shot anyway.
Sponsored

Last edited:

MasterCylinder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(sold)17 GT
Just gonna throw it out there but does anyone recall at what rpm the imrc's open fully? I ask because i have read issues people have with imrcs not opening when they should causing either a misfire or knock. I believe another person on this read early on had got an intake where the imrcs did not work or were broken.

dbranger94

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic 2015 GT
Just gonna throw it out there but does anyone recall at what rpm the imrc's open fully? I ask because i have read issues people have with imrcs not opening when they should causing either a misfire or knock. I believe another person on this read early on had got an intake where the imrcs did not work or were broken.
In my log for my race cal they start to open at around 2000rpm and show full voltage at 2100. My street cal shows them opening at 2900 and full voltage at 3000.

dbranger94

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic 2015 GT
That reminds me of something odd I noticed with my IMRCs a few weeks ago. When one has ~4V the other is ~1.1V, and they flop back and forth. I assumed they were supposed to do that. I actually took a pic!

Bottom left corner.

Edit: Unless IMRC1M and IMRC2M mean something other than left and right?

Last edited:

Meat coyote racing

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
So, I figured I'd throw in my F-150 journey. I have a 2017 GT manual, that before today was completely stock. I took it to the most reputable (IMO) shop in my state to get it all dailed in on the rollers (National Speed in Wilmington, NC).

With the F-150 intake manifold, I made the following numbers on 93 octane.

428 hp
423 ft lbs

Mods:
2017 F-150 intake manifold
PMAS CAI
Stainless works 1" 7/8 LTH
X- pipe with Roush axle backs

When I pick it up on Saturday, I'm going to have them email the chart and I'll post it here for everyone else to look at. To be honest, I'm satisfied with the gains; however, I wish the hp number was a little higher (maybe 450ish). It isn't my daily driver so maybe I'll try new injectors, stronger pump and e-85 and see what happens.

Cheers

Last edited:

Sponsored

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
So, I figured I'd throw in my F-150 journey. I have a 2017 GT manual, that before today was completely stock. I took it to the most reputable (IMO) shop in my state to get it all dailed in on the rollers (National Speed in Wilmington, NC).

428 hp
423 ft lbs

Mods:
PMAS CAI
Steel works 1" 7/8 LTH

When I pick it up on Saturday, I'm going to have them email the chart and I'll post it here for everyone else to look at. To be honest, I'm satisfied with the gains; however, I wish the hp number was a little higher (maybe 450ish). It isn't my daily driver so maybe I'll try new injectors, stronger pump and e-85 and see what happens.

Cheers
Not bad at all peak numbers, especially the torque. Look forward to seeing the dyno graph. I would expect you would see a higher HP number with an intake that breathes better on the top end.

I bet that car sounds loud as hell!

90Notch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2018 Silver GT PP1 A10

428 hp
423 ft lbs

I'll try new injectors, stronger pump and e-85 and see what happens.
Cheers
E-85 seems to be the key. I’m still waiting to see the graph of a ported f150 + e-85 setup.

VooDooDaddy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium
...With the F-150 intake manifold, I made the following numbers on 93 octane.

428 hp
423 ft lbs...
Those are NICE numbers, especially for a street car!

You have to be happy with that combo, especially while NOT being on E85? With E85 you are going to see another 20hp, and probably 30 more ft/lbs.

That's: 450hp & 450 ft/lbs without spinning your engine into the stratosphere??

I'll take the combo every day of the week.

MasterCylinder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(sold)17 GT
I assume those are to the wheels HP and not crank HP?

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase

428 hp
423 ft lbs

Mods:
PMAS CAI
Stainless works 1" 7/8 LTH

Cheers
Got the dyno graph?

MasterCylinder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(sold)17 GT

Meat coyote racing

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
Those are NICE numbers, especially for a street car!

You have to be happy with that combo, especially while NOT being on E85? With E85 you are going to see another 20hp, and probably 30 more ft/lbs.

That's: 450hp & 450 ft/lbs without spinning your engine into the stratosphere??

I'll take the combo every day of the week.
Yes, very excited for the combo. What is great is I made the decision from reading threads and comments from you and others who have done it and were super pleased with the manifold's performance.

From what the tuner said, it made peak HP around 6500ish rpm before it started to die off. I was use to the stock rev limiter being at 6800 so shifting around 6500 won't be an issue or much of a change. What I look forward to the most is feeling the excellent increase in torque!

Meat coyote racing

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
Got the dyno graph?
I'll have it this Saturday, my tuner gave me the numbers over the phone this afternoon. The long tubes and tune were just completed today, the shop is about a 4 hour drive round trip from my house so I have to wait until the work week is over to snag the graph. I'll throw it up here as soon as I get it this weekend.
Sponsored