Sponsored

EV's.......... ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Today Ford announces a two-year delay, โ€œretimingโ€ until 2027, on new EV models

Ha ha ha Ha ha ha. The entire c suite needs to commit seppuku on live tv. Useless STUPID wankers the lit of them. Just how blind do you have to be to believe EVs have a prayer?

I don't normally support shareholder lawsuits, but for this i hope they crucify the executives and get people fired and banned from all jobs that aren't janitor.
Sponsored

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
HOA committee member sparks debate over $1 million insurance requirement for EV charger: 'It's a weird situation' (msn.com)

โ€œRenters may be more likely than homeowners to encounter obstacles when trying to make money-saving and environmentally conscious lifestyle changes such as buying electric vehicles.โ€

โ€œThe problem illuminates one issue preventing wider EV adoption: the lack of charging infrastructure. But renter remedies exist, including right-to-charge laws (there is one on the books in Virginia), as the Washington Post reports.โ€

โ€œIt's all for the benefit of bank accounts and the planet. Charging an EV is less expensive than gassing up an internal combustion engine vehicle. It's also cheaper to maintain an EV, which produces zero tailpipe pollution compared to 10,000 pounds of annual carbon dioxide pollution per ICE vehicle.โ€

Hello; Found this interesting article. Definitely slanted/biased. Decided to read as we have often mentioned the issue of how renters will get home chargers. Turns out there are more problems than I previously considered. Not just the problems of physical installation but also liability which can attach. Information likely of interest to current renters to be sure.

I pulled three quotes from the story. Two which illustrate the bias of the author. One, the right to charge law bit, which struck me as an awkward way to force landlords into doing something they may not want. Have an intractable problem then just pass a law. Do not consider the offended rights of folks, Landlords, who may not want their properties corrupted.

A proposed law in San Francisco comes to mind. Because of looting, shoplifting run rampant, people urinating & defecating on sidewalks in front of stores businesses are closing and leaving in significant numbers. The proposed law will force such store to stay open for six months somehow.

To me such a right to charge law might run roughshod over property owners' property rights.

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Hello; The situation is in flux. Without strong top down backing the EV's would fall into a niche product with a low percentage of overall sales. Near as I can tell the EV champions do not at any point plan to be reasonable nor realistic. Pretty much seems they are willing to take down our entire economy to push their favored agenda. Again and again the several stumbling blocks have been pointed out with regard to why the timeline adopted is not doable.
If they (the EV champions) can hold onto power long enough the EV debacle will continue. Even to the point of various forms societal collapse. Perhaps the more damaging aspect will not be the tremendous economic losses associated with EV's themselves, but more if the fossil fuel infrastructure is too much damaged.
We are perilously close to a disaster with the strategic oil reserve. Policies are in effect which over time will cripple coal, oil and natural gas production. Seems Argentinas oil production is to be limited by policy changes.
The intent seems clear enough. Get oil (gasoline/diesel) prices high enough then even the too expensive EV's will look like a better deal.
Sponsored