EU specs / options / schedule

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
OK the active exhaust sounds lovely:

[ame]

I was like that sounds nice, but a resonator delete would make it louder, then they switched it to loud mode, WOW. Hope all owners of MY18's drive everywhere in LOUD mode. :D
Sponsored

CaptainSensible

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black Mustang V8 GT Coupe
Interesting write up of the F-150 Raptor Supercrew on Pistonheads, particularly the comments on the 10 speed. Is this the same one as going in the Mustang?

https://www.pistonheads.com/road-tests/ford/ford-f-150-raptor-supercrew-driven/36705

The 10-speed gearbox is the powertrain's weak link, and proof that nothing really needs so many ratios. Changes are lazy and there are pauses that can be measured in spoken "Mississippis" when you press the throttle into kickdown territory. Sport mode doesn't improve matters to any noticeable degree, although it introduces a jarring bump into upshifts for no obvious reason. The manual mode is equally sluggish, the 'box seems incapable of delivering more than one downshift at a time, and you have to pause between each one. In short, it's a waste of the nice-feeling metal paddles behind the steering wheel.

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Interesting write up of the F-150 Raptor Supercrew on Pistonheads, particularly the comments on the 10 speed. Is this the same one as going in the Mustang?

https://www.pistonheads.com/road-tests/ford/ford-f-150-raptor-supercrew-driven/36705

The 10-speed gearbox is the powertrain's weak link, and proof that nothing really needs so many ratios. Changes are lazy and there are pauses that can be measured in spoken "Mississippis" when you press the throttle into kickdown territory. Sport mode doesn't improve matters to any noticeable degree, although it introduces a jarring bump into upshifts for no obvious reason. The manual mode is equally sluggish, the 'box seems incapable of delivering more than one downshift at a time, and you have to pause between each one. In short, it's a waste of the nice-feeling metal paddles behind the steering wheel.

Yes same 10-speed, its also in the Camaro. It is not what owners have said about it in the Camaro and F150, its being nothing but praised, maybe PH got a broken example or the auto is still terrible compared to EU variants.

Still it is worrying, my main reason for change is I don't want a manual any more, but I want a good Auto, one that is nearly as good as PDK or M-DCT, worse case as good as DSG. If its like they say or no real marked improvement on the outgoing 6-speed auto which I dislike, sorry to the guys here who have one, but its just not for me. If the case it would be course for me to cancel my order and probably depart from Mustang ownership and try to find something else. :(

willisit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Monaro, DeLorean, Viva, S5, 600F
The 10 speed runs different software in different applications, so take that with a pinch of salt. In an F-150 it won't be set up for track-style shifting, but I suspect, slower, for torque application. Who knows though.

Sponsored

MrWolf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
MY2018 Magnetic Auto GT
Yes same 10-speed, its also in the Camaro. It is not what owners have said about it in the Camaro and F150, its being nothing but praised, maybe PH got a broken example or the auto is still terrible compared to EU variants.

Still it is worrying, my main reason for change is I don't want a manual any more, but I want a good Auto, one that is nearly as good as PDK or M-DCT, worse case as good as DSG. If its like they say or no real marked improvement on the outgoing 6-speed auto which I dislike, sorry to the guys here who have one, but its just not for me. If the case it would be course for me to cancel my order and probably depart from Mustang ownership and try to find something else. :(
It shouldn't be too long before the US start receiving their cars and we'll get to find out what the auto on the mustang is really like. Should still have time to cancel your order if you don't like what you hear, but I doubt it will be crap.

In all honesty, I liked my 6 speed auto on my mustang, but as it was my first auto, so I didn't really have much to compare it to.

With th 10 speed, I'm just thinking about the sub 4 second to 60 time! :eyebulge:

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
just remember the yank's idea of a fast auto box is like the eu auto's were in the 80's

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
just remember the yank's idea of a fast auto box is like the eu auto's were in the 80's
We know the box is capable, only have to watch Camaro owners youtube videos and reviews, its easily PDK quick.

Hope Ford don't fuck it up, I suppose the saving grace is that someone good at mapping could re-write the software to make it quicker.

Still fingers crossed Ford gets it right, though there is already doubt it even blips on downshifts. :(

Anyway shall wait for reviews and owners feedback, when the S550 was first announced that also got slagged off by all the S197 fans, then it came out and all of a sudden everyone loved it.

Otherwise I need to find something else to buy for 30-60k and when you want big NA, good auto, V8 there is not much. Would not mind an AMG GT-S to be honest, but 90k is too much and out of reach at the moment for a car. Or maybe become the enemy and buy Litchfields Camaro with the 10-speed or maybe buy a boat and a get a Hellcat. :D

Flamesey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY19 Fastback V8 5.0 Race Red White Stripes Custom Pack 2 Magneride Spoiler Ebony
I've had a white mustang gear knob sitting on my desk for over a year. Just need a MY18 Mustang to go with it

Sponsored

Flamesey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY19 Fastback V8 5.0 Race Red White Stripes Custom Pack 2 Magneride Spoiler Ebony
Here it is :frusty:
IMG_2633.JPG

Flamesey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Almost binned it but I used a google image so I think I'm good the one on my desk has got 6 plus reverse lol

Last edited:

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
Almost binned it but I used a google image so I think I'm good the one on my desk has got 6 plus reverse lol
I never use sixth...you can have mine... ;)

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase