Sponsored

EU specs / options / schedule

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
yes but currently unconfirmed still with rear sequentials however if they was going to, it'd be all over their media spin.
The rears are not sequential, the front DRL's are active. :)
Sponsored

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
car was at ford for a service yesterday so when I picked it up I went round to the sales guys and asked about the new one. they claimed to know nothing about it and as far as they'd been told Ford UK weren't going to be getting it :lol:

i'm sure it was the go-to line to try and shift the stock they have, but actually really pissed me off that they feel they can lie/bend the truth like that to get a sale. If i was a genuine buyer, i might have spent ÂŁ40,000 of my money on a MY17 because he'd said the MY18 wasn't going to come to the UK. pretty disgusting if you ask me :paddle:
Quite frustrating that really, but I think it sums up the stance Ford UK have on the Mustang. The blame has been placed on Ford US for not being forthcoming with information, but as UK sellers, the Ford stores in the UK should really be better clued up, especially with the Mustang being their halo product. Really is bizarre how it's been taken up here now that I think of it. Ford did little to nothing from an advertising point of view, which to be fair they didn't have to in order to sell. I can't help but feel the Mustang presence in the UK would be a lot greater had they gone down this route, perhaps they will with the MY18?

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Why are the rears not sequential? I see them on Audis all the time!
Audi get away with it as the indicator is "one light", despite it being a long line of single bulbs. With the Mustang being 3 very separate lights, it goes against regulations (not necessarily UK, but somewhere!).

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Audi get away with it as the indicator is "one light", despite it being a long line of single bulbs. With the Mustang being 3 very separate lights, it goes against regulations (not necessarily UK, but somewhere!).
Right let me redo this with proper legalities ;)!

One led strip is the equivalent of one bulb. So you could have a strip of 10000 and it'd still be a single 'bulb' or indicator in this case.

The legal requirement is NO MORE than two indicators per side on the rear of the vehicle.
Mustang would be three if it used 3 separate strips. there is a solution to the problem but ford haven't done it for whatever reason
Audi use 2 single strips (usually bumper and boot lid) and have the electrics wires so they work one after another in a sweeping motion.

Solution? For fords sake either put it in as a show item, albeit may not pass
OR the working solution would be to use 1 led strip and blackout sections of it behind the indicator hubs, so it appears as sequentials but it's all one led strip unit.

I believe the regulation is EU, if the car had 3 indicators it wouldn't be allowed. Also for the sake of export the LED strips would need to be tri-tonne. Red (running light), High red (brake) and amber (Indicator).
Sponsored