ESS Centrifugal Mustang Superchargers

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium A10 PP1 Whipple Stage 2
$6,400.00 for that kind of power with great mid-range is impressive and one heck of a bargain.

I spend quite a bit more for my Procharger set up last year. By the time I bought 1050 injectors, and paid for the remote tune, I was right at $10,000.00 total.
I agree. It's hard not to consider the ESS system. Great numbers
Sponsored

Sponsored

schmeky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
DougS550,

I agree, that torque curve is impressive. May allow a bit of leeway to get some speed up so you could hook better.

A PD blower would smoke the tires right off idle with no hope of good forward motion (not knocking the PB blower at all).

Looks like a killer system, very impressed as well. This looks like the perfect set up for Coyote. And that price . . . . . . .

schmeky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I would like to see what the blow off valve looks like on the ESS systems. And I would also like to know if it is vacuum controlled.

Based on the torque dyno kenand1988, it appears as though the ESS, BOV builds boost at a lower rpm.

Inquiring minds want to know!

kevinvan6000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020Mustang GT
I would like to see what the blow off valve looks like on the ESS systems. And I would also like to know if it is vacuum controlled.

Based on the torque dyno kenand1988, it appears as though the ESS, BOV builds boost at a lower rpm.

Uses a Tial BOV - vacuum controlled

https://esstuning.com/mustang-s550-tial-bov/

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible

BOV shouldn’t affect where the boost starts building. It’s used to vent “extra” boost that isn’t wanted or requested.

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium A10 PP1 Whipple Stage 2
DougS550,

I agree, that torque curve is impressive. May allow a bit of leeway to get some speed up so you could hook better.

A PD blower would smoke the tires right off idle with no hope of good forward motion (not knocking the PB blower at all).

Looks like a killer system, very impressed as well. This looks like the perfect set up for Coyote. And that price . . . . . . .
Yep, I think I will buy one this fall and install during the winter with the opg/cg. Thanks

Sponsored

kenand1988

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
I removed the cats today. To me it is now perfect. With active exhaust and a x pipe it can be quite or pretty loud and the balance between rumble and rasp is just right for me. Highly recommend doing this. I had seen and heard cats would get blown out at some point. Mine looked fine.

Last edited:

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
$6,400.00 for that kind of power with great mid-range is impressive and one heck of a bargain.

I spend quite a bit more for my Procharger set up last year. By the time I bought 1050 injectors, and paid for the remote tune, I was right at $10,000.00 total.
thats high

the kit isn't priced bad, but you are only a couple hundred off what we do the paxton and vortech kits for.

as far as torque curve, looks similar to most centri setups , on the 800 graph, i would actually expect maybe a little bit more. we normally see just over 500 on cars at under 700 wheel.

its a nice option, but not really a big discount over what we have done with vortech / paxton for 10 years now on the coyotes. and with a much more solid repuation / backing of a company like vortech. jmho

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
Here is a 759 rwhp v3 vortehc, 582 ft/lbs, 40 less hp and roughly same torque

torque.jpg

kenand1988

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
thats high

the kit isn't priced bad, but you are only a couple hundred off what we do the paxton and vortech kits for.

as far as torque curve, looks similar to most centri setups , on the 800 graph, i would actually expect maybe a little bit more. we normally see just over 500 on cars at under 700 wheel.

its a nice option, but not really a big discount over what we have done with vortech / paxton for 10 years now on the coyotes. and with a much more solid repuation / backing of a company like vortech. jmho
I priced the Paxton and vortech kits out on your website and got around 7860 for what I got for my 6400. Maybe I needed to be more specific. The 6400 includes sc kit, bap, injectors, hptuners device, upgraded intercooler, in person tune

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
I priced the Paxton and vortech kits out on your website and got around 7860 for what I got for my 6400. Maybe I needed to be more specific. The 6400 includes sc kit, bap, injectors, hptuners device, upgraded intercooler, in person tune
Wow! For everything listed, BAP, injectors, tune and device that’s a great deal!

I do agree that the history of Paxton / Vortech is great though and there’s not enough history yet on the ESS unit as far as longevity. But, I’m not a fan of the cold weather warnings and advising not to use the Paxton / Vortech in the cold. Procharger longevity speaks for itself and no issue with temps. But again, overall cost is greater.
Sponsored