Enhanced Security Pack Experience

Calhoun

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - Race Red
What is the electrically locking center console look like? I have the ES option and I have not figured out how this works. We are talking the door that opens up to the auxiliary jack and sd slot right? Mine has manual latches.
Sponsored

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
What is the electrically locking center console look like? I have the ES option and I have not figured out how this works. We are talking the door that opens up to the auxiliary jack and sd slot right? Mine has manual latches.
Yes, it has manual latches, but the car locks those latches when the alarm is activated so the center console lid can't be opened up.

Calhoun

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - Race Red
OK, I admit to overthinking that one. It works, I was looking for something more complicated. Just picked the car up yesterday and I'm still trying to figure out how everything works.

Thanks

Narmak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang
Took my car back to the dealership and the sales man and manager struggled to figure out exactly how the alarm should work

Long story short. If you lock the car the alarm will go off if the truck,hood,doors are opened or if the windows are down and you enter the interior space.

If I were to guess I would think all sensors includes hood and trunk while perimeter is just inside the interior of the car

MagneticMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
I'd love more details as well.

As test, I locked the car yesterday with the convertible top down and windows down. The setting was for All Sensors. Then with the keys a long way away from the car I reached into the car like someone would if there were going to steal something. No alarm! I really thought there was a sensor that would go off if something stuck their hands into the middle of the car.
The motion sensors don't work with the top down

Sponsored

MontelG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Convertible

emeraldprincess

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' Ecoboost, 13' FRS, 2008 FJ Crusier