corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Burn outs are great...who doesn't love a little smoke and rubber? :)
After I did that a couple of times way-back-when, I really did completely lose interest and haven't lit 'em up like that since in any car. Checked it off my bucket list before such a thing even had the name. These days, the amount of rubber you'd throw away in even a "little" two wheel burnout might represent a whole 20 minute session's worth of tire wear on all four at my next track day.

I do drive quite enthusiastically at times, obviously very enthusiastically in the right environment, just that it's not in the showoff/streetrace/dragrace sense. It's fine to know you have a car that can do a burnout, but that doesn't mean there is any need to prove it.

Norm
Sponsored

JonnyMustang

Mustang Enthusiast
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Flex EB
You say that, but I don't think it's likely for me to mod a GT right off the back, and here's why...
Again, famous last words. I'm telling ya, it's a sickness. :D I had a friend who had an '09 GT and just wanted a "little extra oomph". By the end of two years, there was every N/A part available on that car: Long tube headers, full exhaust, Ford racing cams, dyno tuning, CAI, hotter coil packs...you name it.

OP
OP
K-Roll302

K-Roll302

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Karl
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT Premium, '80 Porsche 924 Turbo
And there is the way that you wait 12 month longer and get a used V8. $10,000 off the original price brings it down to the EB prices.

BTW: You don't have to start thinking that the EB will ever sound like a V8. No way! There is no inline engine who will ever sound like a V-engine. Yes you can get a different sound with aftermarket parts - but no V-sounding sound.

So reading and understanding your point of view - there is only V6 or V8 and the time when you should buy. I think you should get used V8 so you get what you are graving for. The V8 sound. You still can start to collect money on YOUTUBE like the young kid did to buy his EB Mustang. :D
A kid did what?? He collected money from Youtube? Why do I get the feeling that he begged for it? I can't see why anyone would give him money to buy a new car, or how he could do that without any negative backlash for not working and making his own money to get something he wants! So he basically got a free Mustang then, BS, I thought nothing came free or easy in life. :frusty:

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
And there is the way that you wait 12 month longer and get a used V8. $10,000 off the original price brings it down to the EB prices.

BTW: You don't have to start thinking that the EB will ever sound like a V8. No way! There is no inline engine who will ever sound like a V-engine. Yes you can get a different sound with aftermarket parts - but no V-sounding sound.

So reading and understanding your point of view - there is only V6 or V8 and the time when you should buy. I think you should get used V8 so you get what you are graving for. The V8 sound. You still can start to collect money on YOUTUBE like the young kid did to buy his EB Mustang. :D
His offer in return for any donations is to continue pumping out vlogs to give viewers a good understanding of what the ownership is like. Big viewer base, tons of videos; he's at least offering something in return.

Is it entirely fair? Not really, but the choice to donate was up to his viewers.

alimustafa23

alimustafa23
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustafa
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT blood red PP
His offer in return for any donations is to continue pumping out vlogs to give viewers a good understanding of what the ownership is like. Big viewer base, tons of videos; he's at least offering something in return.

Is it entirely fair? Not really, but the choice to donate was up to his viewers.
^ Agreed!

Sponsored

OP
OP
K-Roll302

K-Roll302

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Karl
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT Premium, '80 Porsche 924 Turbo
But still, this is the reason everyone hates my generation, because it gives everyone the impression that we're "entitled" to all the things.

So all I have to do is exactly what he does and I can get people to donate to help me get a V6 or GT? I don't believe that even if it did happen for him. Which makes me insanely jealous that it happened, and I watched his two videos on the matter, and that's just not fair at all.

Malikona

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R1
I know exactly what you mean about the sound, and I've kept the idea of the V6 in the running myself for a while just for that. However, when I see things like this:

...I start to sway towards an EB with PP.

As others have said, I would recommend you keep the ST till you finish college and start your career. I'm only a handful of years removed from college, but trust me, you'll thank yourself later that you waited. If you wait, you'll know your income situation and can much better plan what you can afford. Plus, think of it as a graduation gifts. There will still be plenty of S550's around then, and they'll likely be better than the '15s.
EcoBeast! Warranty questions aside (which again I'm not terribly concerned about), with something like a COBB AccessPort you can have your stock tune and your 'overboost' tune both mapped in (along with any other setup you want), and just kick in the extra boost when you want it, then switch back to the stock tune for the other 95% of your driving. Basically what these tunes are doing is dialing back the heat management at around 5500 RPM where currently the stock tune ramps back fuel ratio at that point to keep temps down. The stock tune is undoubtedly very conservative, but even with some extra boost you would probably never notice any issues if you drove the car with the tune 100% of the time (read: SOME extra boost). Still there's no need to even do that with the ECU plug-in technology that's out there nowadays. The EB is capable of making the same kind of torque as the V8, maybe even more, with NO PHYSICAL MODS. And you don't have to destroy your car to get it, you just have to be smart about it. (Granted putting out over 400 lb-ft of torque it's probably running some pretty nutty pressures...)

Just so that people realize when we are talking about "mods" to the EcoBoost, we're really talking mostly about a little $200 gadget.

BTW how do I embed a YouTube video? I tried copying the 'embed' code from YouTube but it just showed up as code in the post...

Malikona

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R1
But still, this is the reason everyone hates my generation, because it gives everyone the impression that we're "entitled" to all the things.

So all I have to do is exactly what he does and I can get people to donate to help me get a V6 or GT? I don't believe that even if it did happen for him. Which makes me insanely jealous that it happened, and I watched his two videos on the matter, and that's just not fair at all.
He has spent years building a YouTube channel doing car reviews, and he will be cataloging his ownership experience of the new EB on a weekly basis. I would have contributed if I knew he was doing it but I only found out about it after the fact. People say he's just begging for money, but people are just jealous that he had a good idea and made it work. I'm happy for him (and me because now I get to see what the EB is like on a DD basis).

HalfMoon

Brand Agnostic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Corvette Z06/Z07 2017 Camaro SS 1LE

Yeah, I agree with you.

I thought it was pretty funny since I recall him mentioning the reason he needed the money for the car was that he lost his last one due to "poor financial decisions", but people gave him money to dig a deeper hole. :crazy: :lol:

Barrel

Hoonigan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cars and Trucks
Car buying is mostly an emotional decision. Rationally it's stupid to throw away so much money on a rapidly depreciating asset. Buy what you will enjoy driving; something that makes you happy if you have the means to do so.

I can't express how grateful and lucky I feel everytime I plant the throttle and listen to the V8 wail as I get pinned in the seat. What a feeling.

Sponsored

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 GT350
Vehicle Showcase

Hey man, if you can get 100k+ subscribers and pump out daily content that interests people, I don't see why not. :)

It's a hell of a lot better than some high school or college kid getting a free car through his/her parents.

Malikona

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R1
Hey man, if you can get 100k+ subscribers and pump out daily content that interests people, I don't see why not. :)

It's a hell of a lot better than some high school or college kid getting a free car through his/her parents.
:amen:

JimmyTwoTimes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium

I... don't really get that it is. Totally with you on it being a bad thing for a kid to get a free car from his / her parents (although my grandfather gave me my first car for free, but that was a 22 year old Carolla), but I don't see getting money off a Youtube channel you make as any different from that kid who got $50 grand from Kickstarter to make potato salad.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Got to give the kid credit for his entrepreneurship. Apparently he's providing something people want for whatever amount they're willing to contribute, and it's actually amounting to something. He's putting his time into it, and apparently willing to take a few risks.

Norm

JeffreyDJ

Jedi
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT
Look, the fact he got the money to get the car is impressive. It's not easy to get 100K YouTube subscribers and then convince some portion to donate. That definitely took some work on his part, so good for him.
Sponsored