Sponsored

Emissions Help!!!

Bulldogs22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
I have a 2019 GT350. Car is all stock except Corsa X pipe and Soler Throttle body. Months ago my Antigravity ATX-20 after over a year of use with no issues went bad and wouldn’t hold a charge. I got a free replacement and same thing the car would drive but with 0 electronics turned on it was weird. I went and got a Motorcraft battery and all was well. I got my Ford dealer mobile truck to reset all codes etc. I have failed emissions 4 times now with the attached pic of a readiness fail. I have driven hundreds of miles and am out of options as to why. Ford dealer doesn’t know. Please tell me someone knows what to do. I’m in GA so it’s required.

IMG_1089.jpeg
Sponsored

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
Have them do a factory reprogram on the ecu. Basically completely whipes it and reinstalls the oem tune.

Postal Bob

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
When you initially replaced the bad battery, did you do a BMS reset? If not, your car still thinks it has a dead battery, and is keeping most electronics off.
In fact, if you didn't do a BMS reset when you first got your Antigravity battery, that could account for the short life.
Do the BMS reset, and drive the car for a couple of cycles, and then check the emissions.

WItoTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
The AG batteries are hit or miss in these cars. Do the BMS reset, and see what happens. Clearly your car hasn't fully cycled.

Someone posted one time, and I can't find it, the exact parameters to get the readiness good to go. It was an awful lot of varied driving. So if you are just pounding highway miles, it likely won't become ready for a while.

Mjc1241

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Reese
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
I agree on the BMS reset. I had to remove my Antigravity battery as well due to it not holding a charge.

Sponsored

SheepDog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dax
Vehicle(s)
Iconic Silver 2022 MACH 1 HP
1715714804218-b8.png

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
BMS reset is not really needed, maybe with the Li battery, but not with a lead acid battery. I was in Fl and did not have my tuning laptop. My battery died so I replaced it with an AGM. When I got home a week later I was surprised the car knew the AGM battery and it's capacity.

OP
OP
Bulldogs22

Bulldogs22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
Have them do a factory reprogram on the ecu. Basically completely whipes it and reinstalls the oem tune.
If it would fix it guess I have to but less than ideal. I would assume having to swap back to stock throttle body from the Soler one along with the dealer most likely taking my car for a long test drive after this

OP
OP
Bulldogs22

Bulldogs22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
When you initially replaced the bad battery, did you do a BMS reset? If not, your car still thinks it has a dead battery, and is keeping most electronics off.
In fact, if you didn't do a BMS reset when you first got your Antigravity battery, that could account for the short life.
Do the BMS reset, and drive the car for a couple of cycles, and then check the emissions.
Yes forgot to add this cleared all codes and a BMS reset which I thought for sure would work. It’s perplexing

OP
OP
Bulldogs22

Bulldogs22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
The AG batteries are hit or miss in these cars. Do the BMS reset, and see what happens. Clearly your car hasn't fully cycled.

Someone posted one time, and I can't find it, the exact parameters to get the readiness good to go. It was an awful lot of varied driving. So if you are just pounding highway miles, it likely won't become ready for a while.
Just got back to this thread. Replied above yes they did a BMS reset as well. It might be I need to vary the driving even more

Sponsored

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
Supposedly the solar TB's are compatible with a stock tune. I'd call and ask Solar about the one you have.
Sponsored