Sponsored

Ecoboost vs modded v6

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
This thread is going to get ugly.

Results seem about right, the Eco has a bit more power overall.
Sponsored

oustaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hopefully 2016 Mustang
A part of me is hoping that it wasn't on public roads......

Bay1Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic '15 V6 051a
Nice video.

WatchSquid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
93 Reef Blue Mustang convertible
Twin Turbo: Two turbo chargers. One turbo could feed another turbo or each turbo only boosts a specific set of cylinders (as is the most common set-ups)

Twin Scroll Turbo: Exhaust gas inlets are divided with two inlet nozzles. This separates the exhaust gases during an exhaust stroke so they do not interfere with the power stroke of other cylinders. This increases efficiency, lowers emissions, reduces or eliminates turbo-lag and reduces exhaust gas temperatures.

The more you know! ~~*
Thanks for the explanation. I didn't go out and research what exactly twin-scroll was. :D

A part of me is hoping that it wasn't on public roads......
All of me was hoping that.

Bay1Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic '15 V6 051a
But a base '14 v6 has a 2.73 ratio and performance pack also adds summer tires.

I think between the two engines it's a driver's race given the same reported 0-60 and quarter mile times.

Sponsored

04SloSnake

Boost Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R34 Skyline
This thread is going to get ugly.

Results seem about right, the Eco has a bit more power overall.
While I know you are right, I don't see why it will. People love to play the EB vs V6 argument but the truth is the EB is no joke. Look how many tune only cars are in the 12's, same cannot be said for the V6. That is not saying anything bad, it's just a fact. There is just so much EB hate on this forum it is ridiculous. We have a 4 cylinder Mustang that can compete with the highest class of Mustamg competition (in the 1/4). But people on here will hate anyways, nothing will change that.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Thanks for the interesting info. Were you ever behind, or did you feel you had more than him even at the starting line?

04SloSnake

Boost Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R34 Skyline
Thanks for the interesting info. Were you ever behind, or did you feel you had more than him even at the starting line?
If driven correctly (not saying OP didn't), the EB should gap early and maintain the lead. I could see the MPH being similar with the EB having a better ET. At least that is what the powerband would suggest. But I drive a turbo Skyline so I don't know what my opinion is good for.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I was also interested in the reaction time. Usually people that don't race much (like me) can have crappy reaction time. So one car could easily get 1/2 to a full car right off the light.

04SloSnake

Boost Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R34 Skyline
I was also interested in the reaction time. Usually people that don't race much (like me) can have crappy reaction time. So one car could easily get 1/2 to a full car right off the light.
That is true, and with similar power whoever gets out in front is going to stay there. That is the beauty of drag racing, anything can happen.

Sponsored

MagneticA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Manual v6 Mustang
Sounds like you two had fun.
Of course there are always other factors... like mentioned - driver skill, number of people in the car, what's in the trunk, level of fuel, any other weight comparisons, engine/tire warmth, etc..
But in the end, engine vs engine you should have won... so nice job.

OP
OP

DanFish

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dante
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red GT, 2015 Black Eco
One time I gave him like a second or 2 second head start while I was still brake boosting, Then I went and hunted him down. The second time I just stomped the gas and he couldn't keep up.

The low end torque of the eco helps it get off the line fast espicially if you brake boost. Also the 3.55 gears help out a lot.

OP
OP

DanFish

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dante
Vehicle(s)
Sounds like you two had fun.
Of course there are always other factors... like mentioned - driver skill, number of people in the car, what's in the trunk, level of fuel, any other weight comparisons, engine/tire warmth, etc..
But in the end, engine vs engine you should have won... so nice job.
My car is the base Eco with me weighing 150. He had a base v6 so I think his car was lighter.

What part of AZ are you in? Maybe we could meet up one day and see the 15 Eco vs v6.

MagneticA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Manual v6 Mustang
My car is the base Eco with me weighing 150. He had a base v6 so I think his car was lighter.

What part of AZ are you in? Maybe we could meet up one day and see the 15 Eco vs v6.
I'm in the southwest region of PHX, but drag racing isn't my cup of tea. I live vicariously through others when it comes to racing. I've had mine for 2.5 months and have only topped out at 90 mph.

OP
OP

DanFish

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dante
Vehicle(s)
I'm in the southwest region of PHX, but drag racing isn't my cup of tea. I live vicariously through others when it comes to racing. I've had mine for 2.5 months and have only topped out at 90 mph.
I understand that. But I still want to make a trip up to phoenix soon so some of us can meet up.
Sponsored