Sponsored

Ecoboost MPG on new cars

PRG3k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Turbo
Manual 3.31s
33 miles per gallon on the 700 mile trip back from the dealership with sporadic wide-open throttle runs thrown in all over the place.

With the 3.31s 70 mph is a good speed to stick to for best time and miles per gallon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored

JayBomb97

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP
Cold, Hard Data

Hey all,

I noticed this thread a while ago, but haven't gotten around to dumping the data I've been collecting on my Ecoboost. My previous car was a 2003 Pontiac Vibe so stepping into a Mustang made me curious how much more money I was going to be spending on gas. Hopefully prospective buyers can can a bit of insight on what to expect from what I've been collecting. I plan to update these graphs and data dumps every so often to offer more insight.

Car
2015 Ford Mustang Ecoboost Premium
- Performance Package
- Manual Transmission
- 100% Stock
- Pirelli P-Zero's and Sottozero Serie II
- I do not know its current weight

Notes
I am also not certain if the 'Trip Comp Drive Time' is valid since I have never entered that number from the car's trip computer. My guess is that the software calculates it based on the date of the fill up in comparison to the prior fill up.

I typically drive 60-65% highway and 35-40% city and love to accelerate quickly because fun. The best I have seen is 38-39 - on cruise control - going 60 for 30 minutes - right after a fill up. That trip netted me that spike @ ~29 on the graphs below. It would have been between 30-35 (!), but one can only take going slow for so long...

Graphs
IMG_1948.jpg

IMG_1949.jpg

IMG_1950.jpg

IMG_1951.jpg

IMG_1952.jpg

IMG_1953.jpg

CSV
Note: Since I can't upload a .csv to the forum, I renamed the extension to .txt. Just change it back to .csv and open with Excel, Open Office, Numbers, etc.
View attachment Ford Mustang, 2015 2015-5-09.txt

Enjoy! :thumbsup:

-J

l2frankie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang
just did a 228 mile round trip to the keys. 1st 114 miles was just me and the dog averaged 41 mpg and that was being conservative. 2nd 114 miles was me, the dog + 3 other adults + a fully loaded trunk ( maybe had enough room for a purse ) averaged 31 mpg and again i was lightly on the gas

Mojo_Mike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost Premium
just did a 228 mile round trip to the keys. 1st 114 miles was just me and the dog averaged 41 mpg and that was being conservative. 2nd 114 miles was me, the dog + 3 other adults + a fully loaded trunk ( maybe had enough room for a purse ) averaged 31 mpg and again i was lightly on the gas
I would not want to ride in the back seat for 114 miles.

l2frankie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang
it was either leave early into the vacation or stay and leave later with me. the guy was 5'9 and the girl around 5'3

Sponsored

EcoSwag1990

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GT
Lol I can't even imagine sitting in the back of my car for 114 miles with a dog and another person

l2frankie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang
lmfao sorry no pics. the dog stayed on the passenger side. dogs a dachshund doesnt take to much space

tsunami

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium EcoBoost Convertible
Unbelievable MPGs! I live in a semi-rural area. It averaged 25-30mpg, over the first 200 miles since it left the dealer. I finally got to drive my EB convertible with auto-trans on a trip.. I drove mostly rural highways (55-65 mph) during a one-day 300 mile trip. I averaged 33.5 mpg. On the steady rural roads...the EB consistently pegged out the mpg graph bar at 40 mpg! The only reason the average dropped to about 33 mpg was the stop and go traffic in small towns. Even tho' I never had to refuel...I stopped and re-fueled at three gas stations to confirm the mpg's.
As reported by other member...the EB seemed to get better mileage at 65 mph than 50-55 mph. I can't wait to see what the mileage average will be at >1,000 miles when the engine is finally broken in. My little Toyota doesn't give me any better mileage.

l2frankie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang
I felt like I could of squeezed out another mile or 2 the 1 st half. Kept playing catch up the with my group. Forgot to check if it was accurate but I did check last fill up and my car was off by half by .5

Sponsored

l2frankie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang
Unbelievable MPGs! I live in a semi-rural area. It averaged 25-30mpg, over the first 200 miles since it left the dealer. I finally got to drive my EB convertible with auto-trans on a trip.. I drove mostly rural highways (55-65 mph) during a one-day 300 mile trip. I averaged 33.5 mpg. On the steady rural roads...the EB consistently pegged out the mpg graph bar at 40 mpg! The only reason the average dropped to about 33 mpg was the stop and go traffic in small towns. Even tho' I never had to refuel...I stopped and re-fueled at three gas stations to confirm the mpg's.
As reported by other member...the EB seemed to get better mileage at 65 mph than 50-55 mph. I can't wait to see what the mileage average will be at >1,000 miles when the engine is finally broken in. My little Toyota doesn't give me any better mileage.
I can tell you half of my trip was below 60. High way patrol Dont play around down there

jDant

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
DIB Mustang EcoBoost Premium
Daily driving is mostly city stop and go traffic and I get about 22 mpg on average (some days I baby it, sometimes I have fun). But last week I took a 2.5 hour road trip and was up to 38.6 mpg after an average of 70-75 mph. With driving it there, at the destination and back, plus some more daily driving after return I got about 450 miles on one tank. I LOVE THIS THING!

Shifter276

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic metal 2015 Ecoboost Mustang
I tend to get impatient so in the 4500 miles Ive driven I get about 25mpg thats with me going semi hard until I hit the speed limit. If you aint driving it like its a muscle car you aint using it right.

Trailhiker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost Premium Convertible
Our EcoBoost has approximately 600 miles on it now and its hitting 31-32 mpg highway. In town we have been in the mid 20's. (I have not been hitting it hard in town since it is new / being broken in. More time on country roads) We have the 331 rearend. Totally blew our minds. :D

If the EcoBoost is anything like the V10 in my 2006 F350, it will even get better mileage after 5 - 10K miles are under the belt. It takes a while for the entire drivetrain to loosen up.

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Mustang GT, 19' Road Glide
I've had my car for 2 months now with only 2000 miles. Don't really go on the highway or venture out of town much. Just started to get 21-22 city but took the car for a 6 hour round trip to Fargo and back and only got 25-27 mpg highway but then again i was doing 80 mph which is the speed limit. I'm sure it will get better but i rarely go on the highway so it will be a while lol.
Sponsored

Last edited: